Resource icon

Tracks Portland (2 Seasons, 2 Layouts) 1.21

Login or Register an account to download this content
As mentioned I don't think the AIW itself is the cause or the solution to this behavior.
I think it can have some effect. For instance the latest AIW sees more passing on the straights than the last one since the cars are again back to hugging the wall instead of in the middle of the road. I can show you examples in a replay of AI diving to the inside at the chicane, even if they still tend to brake in the draft. If the gap is just right they go for the pass which is really cool to see. Also the cars in the chicane section are much more frequently going off line and getting out of shape and so getting passed. This leads to more position changes. I think your comment about changing the marbles and what not in the chicane to make it a bit easier to go side by side is the right call because frankly that's where a lot of the mess is once they get through turn 1. You just see cars understeering off the road where if they had some grip they might make for a cool side by side exit of the chicane.

I have done a bit of fine tuning to the fast line in a few corners, tweaked the corridor and cut track, and reduced the groove width a bit to help with the "AI rudeness".
I like all changes seen so far in the latest AIW except in turn 4/4A/5 the AI goes way too wide, wider than I remember them doing in the earlier versions. Otherwise the rest of the track is tops.

The overall AI pace is improved quite a lot, about 1 second (I guess) compared to the old AIW, sector one is at least .5 sec faster (using CART)... and IMO the way the AI drive the circuit feels a bit better.
I completely agree. As much as some issues cropped up in the new versions overall the sense of racing them is much much better. When I first complained the AI was consistent and predictable but something wasn't there yet. Now its very good and balanced pace and it just feels better, issues mentioned aside.

I'm very satisfied with your efforts in this and its great that you bothered to listen to my gripes. Your work has given me many hours of gratifying racing already. Cheers.

except in turn 4/4A/5 the AI goes way too wide,

I did pull them back a bit to the apex... but this seem to be the fastest path for the AI. I played with a few variations and this was top. More or less one long corner.

Try a few other car types and you will notice they follow the fast path a little different bit better than the CART mod.

Cheers

Last edited:
Do a bit more testing and tweaking, add some new features included with the new content and a full update will come in a few days.

Any more "complaints" for both layouts need to come soon.

:cool:

PS If you want a challenge give the FV-10 a go without assist... T10 and T11 is just a blur as you brake into T12. Thank you team Reiza!

Last edited:
Does anyone else have a issue with the chicane version not loading , freezes in the pits before I can even start. No Chicane versions work fine.

Does anyone else have a issue with the chicane version not loading , freezes in the pits before I can even start. No Chicane versions work fine.
Yep, it has been reported and @Gringo provided a quick fix. If you read this thread you will see that he keeps working on it and has provided further aiw files with enhancements on the ais behaviors. If you got time, you could test them and give him some feedbacks.

Patrick Giranthon updated Portland (2 seasons, 2 layouts) with a new update entry:

New AIW for chicane layout, faster AI that can (properly) drive the chicane.

New AIW for chicane layout, faster AI that can (properly) drive the chicane.

Modify the surface physics at the chicane, increase the racing line width by reducing marbles near the groove.
Adjust T1 / T2 apex curb height, minor smoothing to curvature of T1 apex curb.
Add "CURB GRASS" effect to TDF to reduce the massive dust clouds that sometimes occur at a few spots.

Pit speed limit for all sessions is now 50 mph / 80 kph. The sign at pit-in now reads 50 MPH
Add hidden collider wall to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Patrick,

Just a piece of advice for your next releases/updates: you can create subfolders by using a comma in VenueName (VenueName = Addon Tracks,Vanport) to obtain this:
AMS_sub_folders.jpg

If I wanted to edit the venue names manually to tidy up my menu, which file contains the 'VenueName'? And would it cause any errors or mismatches?

Thanks for the hint pinkimo. Each to their own but I prefer that layout better. Patrick, I just used a free program called "TextCrawler Free" which updates all the .gdb's as requested in one hit. I use the same program to update .veh's etc when I need to quickly

Yep, you can't edit gdb for online…
Thanks for the hint pinkimo. Each to their own but I prefer that layout better. Patrick, I just used a free program called "TextCrawler Free" which updates all the .gdb's as requested in one hit. I use the same program to update .veh's etc when I need to quickly
I don't think the problem is to edit the files: Patrick offers more than 20 tracks, that represents more than 3 Go to upload! 6 if you consider he is proposing them as a mega pack or individually. And then all of us would have to re-download them all… That would kill the RD bandwidth usage...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back