Resource icon

Sounds Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Sound Mod 1.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Any chance you guys can include the Original files just in case someone... wish to go back to vanilla sound? I know you can "check local files" etc but I did and now I have no sound on this car and I dont wanna re-check local files cuz I got custom previews etc. Please help.

Not allowed to post original content as it violates both the RD TOS and the Kunos license. Best practice is to back up original sfx folder so you can go back to it if necessary. If you've already gone back to the original and still don't have sound it's likely because you haven't deleted the guid file from the sfx folder (originals sounds don't use the guid file inside the sfx folder)

Not allowed to post original content as it violates both the RD TOS and the Kunos license. Best practice is to back up original sfx folder so you can go back to it if necessary. If you've already gone back to the original and still don't have sound it's likely because you haven't deleted the guid file from the sfx folder (originals sounds don't use the guid file inside the sfx folder)
Oh ok, yeah thats it then, thanks for the help I appreciate it. Btw I like mod my only issue is that when watching replays the only car I hear is the 911, even with other cars in front of the camera if theres a 911 even far away its sound takes over.

Any updates or news on this project? :)

Hi currently I'm a tad busy with university work. 2 reports to do on Laser and EDM machining as well as a 3rd year cfd project, have to design an impact test rig by next Tuesday and revision for exams of course. So just a tiny bit of work to do
:)

I have started work on new internal sounds for the car, might put a preview up soon but it won't be ready until I have some solid free time to finish it. At the moment I'm only getting around an hour a week on AC.

Sadly I think I've lost some grunt and rawness somewhere with the new internals but that's why I'll put a preview up so you guys can give me feedback before I release the next version.

Don't worry I haven't neglected this mod :)

Great work. Love this mod. However, not quite as keen on the internal sounds on 0.4 vs 0.3... it's lost some of it's rawness to me, but still sounds great. However, it maybe more realistic now of course, but I've not heard any recent onboards so can't comment on realism factor really.

Keep up the good work though. I wouldn't go back to stock sounds for this car now! :D

Great work. Love this mod. However, not quite as keen on the internal sounds on 0.4 vs 0.3... it's lost some of it's rawness to me, but still sounds great. However, it maybe more realistic now of course, but I've not heard any recent onboards so can't comment on realism factor really.

Keep up the good work though. I wouldn't go back to stock sounds for this car now! :D

hi! i'm so glad you like the mod!

I knew the sound would lose some of the rawness but I had to go with more realism. It is a 'sad' fact that the only reason why the le mans onboards sound raw is because of the microphones used. So I found an onboard with a good microphone mounted inside (a lot of the TV feed microphones aren't in the cockpit but on the car or under the hood etc AFAIK) and I tried to make it sound as realistic as that. Here, have a listen:

The TV feed audio from IMSA is the next best in quality but still lacking a lot IMO
Here:
(will be putting this into my next big update)

Another IMSA feed:

So you can see that it completely depends on microphone :)

I'll have to have a listen later when I get home ;)

As it was the WEC at Shanghai this last weekend I gave it (and the 919) a thrashing around there on Saturday night...

Looks cool and good lap!

More of this please folks! :)
My sound mod is of course tailored to my driving style and sounds right when I drive it but I can notice some issues when other people drive with it. So the more videos I have of people driving the better I can make it sound :)

i was at the IMSA race this April to see the RSR around the track, and I noticed that every time they come out of the hairpin the RSR has a very distinctive "fart" sound (for lack of a better word) when the RSR gets on the throtlle

Hey can you help me ?
I deleted the normal SFX datas and now i have no sound but i have the mod datas in the folder.Can someone send me the normal sound datas?

Hey can you help me ?
I deleted the normal SFX datas and now i have no sound but i have the mod datas in the folder.Can someone send me the normal sound datas?

Thought I'd replied to this but evidently not. Sorry for being so late.

Due to the license it is not allowed to send or share the original files. Your best bet is to sync your data with steam to get the original files back. Or you can place both the .Bank and GUIDs files from this mod into the SFX folder within the porsche 911 RSR 2017 folder

Hope that helps

Thanks you so much for this! It's so awesome! Just what I needed.

Now, do you think that the in car audio from this podcast sounds more realistic or the audio from that Auto Hebdo video that I used? What's your opinion?
The AutoHebdo video sound has some strange distortion to it (you can best hear it when off throttle but is there all the time).
The Marshall Pruett blog audio does sound cleaner, more neutral.

I have no means to check the audio though - if the Marshall Pruett blog audio is cleaner and technically of good quality to produce samples, it would be great if you could use that - it just sounds cleaner.

... and yes, I too did the “air guitar lap” around Laguna Seca ;-)

The ultimate test would be to have a Porsche 911 RSR sound mod based on Marshall Pruetts blog audio, then once Laguna Seca is released, run a few laps and play the audio back to back to find no differences ;-)

At the moment I am not using the audio mod after having tried the latest version. To me it is most important that the audio is balanced to Kunos audio (of course taking into account that the 911 RSR is LOOOOUUUUUUUD since Le Mans, easily the loudest WEC GT car at the track with tha Aston Martin coming in second after quite a bit). So in a way I am “suffering” through the mint Kunos RSR audio knowing the car sounds so much better in real life :-(

easily the loudest WEC GT car at the track with tha Aston Martin coming in second after quite a bit).

you forgot the C7R and the Ford GT ;) 1 to 4 with 1 being the loudest:
1) Porssche 911 RSR new exhaust
2) Corvette C7R
2) Ford GTLM GTE (looks like it is as loud as the C7R. maybe louder bit I'm not sure. I've clearly heard it on the 2016 prologue @ Paul Ricard, and a bit @ Le Mans 2017)
3) Aston Martin V8 Vantage
and waaaaaayyyyy lower, 4) Ferrari 488 GTE (inbetween, there's of course the 458 GT2/GTE(this one could even be a bit louder than the V8 Vantage) and the 911 RSR 2016 and before. but they're outdated, now)

anyway, the sound is very realistic when you get a close to real volume with a headset. naturally, the car IRL sound like a 458 GT2 when she's close to you and takes shape of the flat 6 sound when getting into the distance. you've successfully reproduced that into assetto corsa. now, I wish that we would get the new exhaust model in the sim. like that, we could run the 2 versions at the same time and hear the volume difference(with fonsecker's sound and with yours)

Yeah I also think the Marshall Pruett audio sounds more realistic since the bass is toned down and it really feels like the engine is echoing inside a car body rather than being rammer into both your ears.

I was doing an online race around spa yesterday with the various gtlm cars and I have to agree my RSR is not loud enough from the exterior. There'll be a fix for that.

Hope you can start using the mod again Dirk

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea