Porsche 911 RSR 2017 in Pre Alpha Testing for Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche 911 RSR 2017.jpg

Massarutto teasers Porsche 911 RSR 2017 image for Assetto Corsa, development in Pre-Alpha stage.

Marco Massarutto of Kunos Simulazioni has confirmed the much anticipated 2017 specification Porsche 911 RSR for Assetto Corsa is now in a pre-Alpha state of development, with an anticipated release expected during February.

If we cast our mind back to early December last year we will remember the RSR 2017 was due to ship as part of the third and final Porsche DLC instalment. However due to delay's in the production of the car Kunos were forced to replace the vehicle with 911 Turbo S, with promises to ship the RSR as a free addition for Vol. III owners as soon as January 2017.

"We’re aware that the Porsche 911 RSR 2017 is one of the most sought after cars in the Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC and we know how excited the community is after seeing it unveiled just a few weeks ago. Right now, we’re working incredibly closely with the Porsche R&D department in order to reproduce this car the best we can!

The 911 RSR 2017 is not an upgrade of the previous model, but a totally new car. As we want to ensure the best experience possible from this amazing model, we... unfortunately need to spend a bit more time on it, meaning it won't be released as part of the Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC next week.

We know this will come as a disappointment to our community but please be rest assured, the wait will be worth it!" was the sentiment from the studio at the time of the delay announcement.
Of course January has now been and gone with no sign of any updates, until Massarutto popped up on Facebook today with an (admittedly rather distant) shot of the new car and confirming they have reached pre-Alpha development status. You can see the latest reveal image at the top of this article.

With 2017 now well underway and the real life version of the machine having already made it's race debut at the recent Daytona 24 hour, a race in which the car performed remarkably well as it finished in second place overall in the hands of factory drivers Pilet, Makowiecki and Werner, Massarutto has seen fit to give fans a little teaser of what is to come for the sim.

With the additional production time added to the real world data taken from the Rolex 24, the new car is now in it's final laps of development and should be made available very shortly.

I appreciate it must come as a disappointment to fans having to wait for the car, but with an additional free model in the 911 Turbo S and the extra time afforded Kunos to ensure the car is made right, I'm sure it will all be a worthwhile wait in the end.

EDIT: Massarutto has just posted a video on YouTube with the RSR on track... hidden behind a sideways competitor...!

Assetto Corsa is available now on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The Porsche 911 RSR 2017 should be made available during February as a free addition to those with the Porsche Volume III DLC.

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Are you looking forward to trying out the 2017 RSR? Do you still enjoy the Porsche DLC volumes? Would you like to see more Porsche cars in game, and if so, which ones? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
booking system is very bad, This system hurts too much who play and for some personal reason can not give book before the beginning of the session because the same will not be able to enter more, would have to invent something for the system of Pick up mode, Pick up mode has a way of choosing which livery to use but it's tiring boring to do for every server that will use that system, here in Brazil the most leagues use servers with password and Pick UP mode, Not to mention that it limits the amount of the same car

Last edited:
New cars and tracks is also adding to the game (as well as upgrades to the physics/graphics), so not only new features. They introduced recently a big feature, which was the Custom Championship. Now they need to work better on the AI.

About features, that I'm going to quote from someone else: "timed races, reverse grids, warm up lap, cool down lap, manual pit limiter control, better spectator mode, functional (not just cosmetic) flag system, better penalty system, two-race format, forced pitstops, are a few things that would dramatically improve multiplayer racing for me." And rolling starts (which would be doing a lap in formation)

Are those the things people are looking for? Or any other meaningful features added to AC?

I know I'm not alone in wanting those things. Of course realistic physics are at the top of the priorities list but those physics would be even more enjoyable if we had better tools to replicate more racing scenarios. It's like a restaurant that has delicious french fries, I can certainly enjoy the fries as they are but I won't be able to avoid imagining how much better they would be with some cheese, bacon, chives, and sour cream on top. ;)

I know I'm not alone in wanting those things. Of course realistic physics are at the top of the priorities list but those physics would be even more enjoyable if we had better tools to replicate more racing scenarios. It's like a restaurant that has delicious french fries, I can certainly enjoy the fries as they are but I won't be able to avoid imagining how much better they would be with some cheese, bacon, chives, and sour cream on top. ;)
Great now I'm totally hungry! It's a very valid point you make though!

Considering the car was announced for December (and both Kunos and Porsche knew it wouldn't have raced back then), it's hard for me to find any excuses for this massive delay...
There's no point hanging on excuses, the car is just delayed, that's the reality.
They wanted to bring this car to AC (because Porsche's latest race car in a category people like to race on) and is good that they put it in Pack3 even though it wasn't ready. Otherwise they would need to sell the car separately, since I don't see any new Porsche dlcs in the close future. Selling the car separately is worse approach, so is good they put it with the pack3 even though is delayed. Is already paid for and gets released as soon as is ready.

Considering the car was announced for December (and both Kunos and Porsche knew it wouldn't have raced back then), it's hard for me to find any excuses for this massive delay...
Why are you finding it necessary to find it hard to find excuses for a company delaying release of a specific DLC item?
I don't understand. If you had ever worked in London, the trains were always delayed, no matter what line, but I'll pick Northern Line for this one, they just were. You deal with it and move on or you would drive yourself crazy trying to find the reasons behind all the delays.
Things happen in RL just as they happen to things in the Sim world. Just get over it and do something else till it arrives.

Car will be released when it's ready whether it's a day or a year, technically it was impossible to be released in December because the car only came to make its debut in Daytona this year, it would not make sense to launch a car with the specifications all wrong just to Stay on time. Its launch should not be far behind taking into account that the last Post of Porsche made by Marco on his facebook occurred on March 03 and apparently it is the RSR

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...068525966718.107455.1651916137&type=3&theater

Yeah. Far better to release a broken/unfinished car for people to complain about than delay it until it's properly finished. [/sarcasm] :rolleyes:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back