Porsche 911 RSR 2017 in Pre Alpha Testing for Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche 911 RSR 2017.jpg

Massarutto teasers Porsche 911 RSR 2017 image for Assetto Corsa, development in Pre-Alpha stage.

Marco Massarutto of Kunos Simulazioni has confirmed the much anticipated 2017 specification Porsche 911 RSR for Assetto Corsa is now in a pre-Alpha state of development, with an anticipated release expected during February.

If we cast our mind back to early December last year we will remember the RSR 2017 was due to ship as part of the third and final Porsche DLC instalment. However due to delay's in the production of the car Kunos were forced to replace the vehicle with 911 Turbo S, with promises to ship the RSR as a free addition for Vol. III owners as soon as January 2017.

"We’re aware that the Porsche 911 RSR 2017 is one of the most sought after cars in the Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC and we know how excited the community is after seeing it unveiled just a few weeks ago. Right now, we’re working incredibly closely with the Porsche R&D department in order to reproduce this car the best we can!

The 911 RSR 2017 is not an upgrade of the previous model, but a totally new car. As we want to ensure the best experience possible from this amazing model, we... unfortunately need to spend a bit more time on it, meaning it won't be released as part of the Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC next week.

We know this will come as a disappointment to our community but please be rest assured, the wait will be worth it!" was the sentiment from the studio at the time of the delay announcement.
Of course January has now been and gone with no sign of any updates, until Massarutto popped up on Facebook today with an (admittedly rather distant) shot of the new car and confirming they have reached pre-Alpha development status. You can see the latest reveal image at the top of this article.

With 2017 now well underway and the real life version of the machine having already made it's race debut at the recent Daytona 24 hour, a race in which the car performed remarkably well as it finished in second place overall in the hands of factory drivers Pilet, Makowiecki and Werner, Massarutto has seen fit to give fans a little teaser of what is to come for the sim.

With the additional production time added to the real world data taken from the Rolex 24, the new car is now in it's final laps of development and should be made available very shortly.

I appreciate it must come as a disappointment to fans having to wait for the car, but with an additional free model in the 911 Turbo S and the extra time afforded Kunos to ensure the car is made right, I'm sure it will all be a worthwhile wait in the end.

EDIT: Massarutto has just posted a video on YouTube with the RSR on track... hidden behind a sideways competitor...!

Assetto Corsa is available now on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The Porsche 911 RSR 2017 should be made available during February as a free addition to those with the Porsche Volume III DLC.

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Are you looking forward to trying out the 2017 RSR? Do you still enjoy the Porsche DLC volumes? Would you like to see more Porsche cars in game, and if so, which ones? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Really excited about this car. Pre-Alpha??? Would that be old footage or was the development schedule so severely delayed that the car is only in pre-alpha now? Anyway, I'm not b!tch!ng about it, but merely curious as that could be an indication of the development pace of the SDLC at Kunos for other cars that are coming. REALLY cant wait for more Porsches, McLaren P1 GTR and new gen Audi R8 LMS :D

Really excited about this car. Pre-Alpha??? Would that be old footage or was the development schedule so severely delayed that the car is only in pre-alpha now? Anyway, I'm not b!tch!ng about it, but merely curious as that could be an indication of the development pace of the SDLC at Kunos for other cars that are coming. REALLY cant wait for more Porsches, McLaren P1 GTR and new gen Audi R8 LMS :D
i assume they are talking about physics, id imagine alpha would be aris working on it, beta for testing and qa and then release. "pre-alpha" is getting a little over used these days so dont take too much meaning from that then again i dont know kunos's work structure

A new video posted by him I believe showing something more like the interior and the sound:

EDIT: Just to prevent millions more people from quoting me and pointing out that I wrongly identified the car, please note that the post right below: he is right :|

Last edited:
This is how RSR looks inside

Wowzers that's one sexy looking cockpit :)

Still amazes me how futuristic these GT cars all look nowadays. I'm still stuck in the era when all race cars had a wheel with, maybe, a single button for the lights...

It's great all these switches and toggles and stuff and I like them too, but I still do miss the "basic" driving experience of a wheel, three pedals and a H shifter. ;)

Wowzers that's one sexy looking cockpit :)

Still amazes me how futuristic these GT cars all look nowadays. I'm still stuck in the era when all race cars had a wheel with, maybe, a single button for the lights...

It's great all these switches and toggles and stuff and I like them too, but I still do miss the "basic" driving experience of a wheel, three pedals and a H shifter. ;)
I dont like this enterior as a sim-racer because of the gauges that I will not see with a virtual wheel turned off in Assetto Corsa :mad:

I dont like this enterior as a sim-racer because of the gauges that I will not see with a virtual wheel turned off in Assetto Corsa :mad:
How dare they make a real car for real race drivers to took around real race tracks and don't think about pretending people on computers... how dare they :D

On a lighter note, though, you can use an App on your phone to simulate the dash display...

How dare they make a real car for real race drivers to took around real race tracks and don't think about pretending people on computers... how dare they :D

On a lighter note, though, you can use an App on your phone to simulate the dash display...
Phone app will ruin the whole point of driving beautifully made car by Kunos.

Can we get back in time? I want to get one those as a christmas gift :rolleyes:
DSC01360.JPG

DSC01204.JPG

Or at least this one...
DSC00859.JPG

And I not even started to talk about radar system that Kunos should replicate too :whistling:

Ricmotec makes some nice stuff that may be a tad better on the budget ;D
Those wheels look like they cost about the price of a real Porsche.
And a bit outdated... our sour friend fails to relate that an app can actually emulate the looks of a motec/bosch/cossworth display, which are just LCD screens passing information from the car management system to the driver (even if some of them have the CMS embedded).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back