Porsche 911 RSR 2017 in Pre Alpha Testing for Assetto Corsa

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Porsche 911 RSR 2017.jpg

Massarutto teasers Porsche 911 RSR 2017 image for Assetto Corsa, development in Pre-Alpha stage.

Marco Massarutto of Kunos Simulazioni has confirmed the much anticipated 2017 specification Porsche 911 RSR for Assetto Corsa is now in a pre-Alpha state of development, with an anticipated release expected during February.

If we cast our mind back to early December last year we will remember the RSR 2017 was due to ship as part of the third and final Porsche DLC instalment. However due to delay's in the production of the car Kunos were forced to replace the vehicle with 911 Turbo S, with promises to ship the RSR as a free addition for Vol. III owners as soon as January 2017.

"We’re aware that the Porsche 911 RSR 2017 is one of the most sought after cars in the Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC and we know how excited the community is after seeing it unveiled just a few weeks ago. Right now, we’re working incredibly closely with the Porsche R&D department in order to reproduce this car the best we can!

The 911 RSR 2017 is not an upgrade of the previous model, but a totally new car. As we want to ensure the best experience possible from this amazing model, we... unfortunately need to spend a bit more time on it, meaning it won't be released as part of the Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC next week.

We know this will come as a disappointment to our community but please be rest assured, the wait will be worth it!" was the sentiment from the studio at the time of the delay announcement.
Of course January has now been and gone with no sign of any updates, until Massarutto popped up on Facebook today with an (admittedly rather distant) shot of the new car and confirming they have reached pre-Alpha development status. You can see the latest reveal image at the top of this article.

With 2017 now well underway and the real life version of the machine having already made it's race debut at the recent Daytona 24 hour, a race in which the car performed remarkably well as it finished in second place overall in the hands of factory drivers Pilet, Makowiecki and Werner, Massarutto has seen fit to give fans a little teaser of what is to come for the sim.

With the additional production time added to the real world data taken from the Rolex 24, the new car is now in it's final laps of development and should be made available very shortly.

I appreciate it must come as a disappointment to fans having to wait for the car, but with an additional free model in the 911 Turbo S and the extra time afforded Kunos to ensure the car is made right, I'm sure it will all be a worthwhile wait in the end.

EDIT: Massarutto has just posted a video on YouTube with the RSR on track... hidden behind a sideways competitor...!

Assetto Corsa is available now on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The Porsche 911 RSR 2017 should be made available during February as a free addition to those with the Porsche Volume III DLC.

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Are you looking forward to trying out the 2017 RSR? Do you still enjoy the Porsche DLC volumes? Would you like to see more Porsche cars in game, and if so, which ones? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I am tired of looking at those RSR 2017 images...

GIVE ME THIS CAR OR GIVE ME BACK MY 5$ THAT I PAID FOR THE PORSCHE PACK #3

Its an 911 GT3R 2016 model. This is how RSR looks inside
2017-porsche-911-rsr-interior.jpg
$5 dollars for a whole pack and you're agonising over a single car...
You paid for the pack and received plenty of cars. This car will be added free... as advised
Patience is a virtue no?

And a bit outdated... our sour friend fails to relate that an app can actually emulate the looks of a motec/bosch/cossworth display, which are just LCD screens passing information from the car management system to the driver (even if some of them have the CMS embedded).
LMAO, so true mate. I use Dashmeterpro and it gives way more info than anyone needs. Also lots of apps in game that do the same thing. Just not as pretty as a high tech wheel...

I am happy that the silence has ended. no surprise that the car is late .
With a lack of real world data other the testing , were you can never really simulate real racing.
Now they have one race down & AC & Porsche have some 100% real race conditions Data.
I hope they continue you to work together through the rest of the year so with the Help of Porsche R&D & the racing department. AC can continue to improve the Sim Version of the 911 RSR 2017.
Better still that AC have updated everybody on the progress , that clears it up for all those that were starting to complain has the Jan deadline passed.

I am tired of looking at those RSR 2017 images...
GIVE ME THIS CAR OR GIVE ME BACK MY 5$ THAT I PAID FOR THE PORSCHE PACK #

You paid for the pack and received plenty of cars. This car will be added free... as advised
Patience is a virtue no?

I think he was just having a bit of fun and being sarcastic. Well at least I hope he was. :O_o:

Patience is a virtue no?
The deal was that this car will be free for owners of the Porsche Pack #3 (and I am one of them) Not just for everybody.

I think he was just having a bit of fun and being sarcastic. Well at least I hope he was. :O_o:
I am ok, just want to drive this car because he/she is the most interesting for me.

I've had and will have more time in the Cup and GT3 R than the RSR, reason is the class difference.
I drove a lot in the Porsche Cup car online and in the practice and its one of my favorite DLC car in the game.

I am running in the GT3 championship along side with the 911 GT3R. Kinda want to ditch my R8 LMS and drive Porsche for the rest of the season...

LMAO, so true mate. I use Dashmeterpro and it gives way more info than anyone needs. Also lots of apps in game that do the same thing. Just not as pretty as a high tech wheel...
Is this app available for the Android? Is it free? Which phone dash apps can be conected to PC via USB? (I hate wireless latency)

can't wait to put my hands on this beast...
Well in reality to put my good old G27 on it...
Until i will get enough money to gift myself a new TM TS-PC system...

Dashmeter Pro works on Android, works both via wireless and USB. It is paid but you can try hud dash for free.

I use dashmeterpro too on a very cheap 7" tablet and it's such a good thing to take off all the HUD from screen and have all the info in the tablet below the screen...

Dashmeter Pro works on Android, works both via wireless and USB. It is paid but you can try hud dash for free.
Can you send a me a link somewhere?

can't wait to put my hands on this beast...
Well in reality to put my good old G27 on it...
Until i will get enough money to gift myself a new TM TS-PC system...

I use dashmeterpro too on a very cheap 7" tablet and it's such a good thing to take off all the HUD from screen and have all the info in the tablet below the screen...
Same thing man, but in my case its Lofitech DFGT. I like that this wheel have so many buttons that I can map one of them to a function "wipe my butt while I am driving" (Nordschleife is a scary track, even in the digital world)

Tablet is a good idea too and the sreen size is kinda the same as car real digital screen.

Can you send a me a link somewhere?

Same thing man, but in my case its Lofitech DFGT. I like that this wheel have so much buttons that I can map one of them to a function "wipe my butt while I am driving" (Nordschleife is a scary track, even in the digital world)

Tablet is a good idea too and the sreen size is kinda the same as car real digital screen.

You can find both on Google Play Store. I use an Nvidia tegra note 7, works beautifully and have on hell of a screen.

I realize not everyone can afford or wants to have VR but that is one of the great benefits - complete dash and wheel without add ons! This car is one that will be made for that :) Of course, on the other hand, the old cars don't even have a gear readout so that is interesting too (I know you can just put the gear icon up on the screen and I do, but it takes away from the total immersion of VR). I use Dashmeter Pro on an Android phone which is velcroed to my CSW base and it work very nicely if I'm not in VR. Well worth the couple of bucks that the app cost. I have really enjoyed the Porsche models that have come out lately and this will be icing on the cake!!

Is this app available for the Android? Is it free? Which phone dash apps can be conected to PC via USB? (I hate wireless latency)

Unfortunately DashmeterPro is not free but again you get what you pay for. It also works for both AC and PCars and can be connected to the PC via USB. I run it over wireless though on 3 android devices simultaneously and haven't had much in relation to issues issues with latency. It also allows for quite a lot of customization so you can set up your display with the widgets you want in any colour you want. I would definitely recommend it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back