Poor FPS / Performance difficulties

Msportdan

@Simberia
So after weeks of pretty much playing AC with the new update. I put on GSC, I was looking forward to it long time away and I thought it will be a blast...long time away and all that?!

errr.... maybe not

I was disappointed with it it felt so lacking performance wise so to speak.. I don't want to get bashed here as I'm just trying to be honest and I will be, you all know me by now.

The gfx, which really suffers and not only that I cant sustain 60 fps with this game on full whack, replays can drop to around 20fps on my i7 gtx 970. Theres glitches around tracks etc etc/// Its a little disheartening after running pcars and ac at full whack solid 60fps. The ai have issues and its plain to see. Its just this engine has been flogged to death and reiza have should be proud by it .

The thing for me is that on high shadows (unlike rf2), the shadows dont go on/inside the cars, and sometimes looks very unauthentic/flat. Max shadows kills my fps in shadows heavy tracks/time..

I'm so sorry guys.. I love your work, but I think we need to move on technologically speaking.

Last edited:
Here
http://www.mediafire.com/view/2umocuf1j7vs9vw/MIRROR(4).BMP
Remove the (4) and make sure you are loading a car with this first. Like put it in the F_Classic folder and overwrite the one there and drive it.
Easiest way is to turn off your mirrors tbh, if you get no more fps problem with them off then the problem sure is there, but resolution is not the only problem, you may want to check for other mirror options in the plr file, idk how to help from here as I just had to reduced the resolution and it worked fine.

Last edited:
oh it seems the mirrors aren't even changing, I overwrited yours with reizas, and still seems good mirrors. But even with mirrors off I get drops to around 40 with 16 cars and full shadows. It is the shadows that make the fps drop. because it drops when theres lots of shadows on track. (shadows max)... so shadows high by the looks of it.

anyway have rf2 with new Nissan and Adelaide to keep my quite for now.

I don't really see the problem of going with lower shadows in a single sim. It's not the end of the world. But that's just me, I've never been a "graphic detail freak" (no offense, just idk how to call it) and personally I don't understand why people are so much into that in recent years, even in sim racing.

ur right im fed up with messing about with a 10 year old engined game to run better on a over performing pc.. sorry for the sadness. i also finds gsc performance so inconsistent for me it can literally change every patch or new gpu driver..

getting bored of it tbh.

bring on the next game pls.

Last edited:
Nahh you'll be back. Reiza is just about to release a shed load of upgrades, but you are gonna just leave it alone.

Not a chance.

No doubt it will be pages and pages of How's this and How's that, Why this and why that. :p

have a nice day.

im sure if the devs think this useless they will inform me.. or just ignore lol
They have, you just don't respond to hints.
giphy.gif

They dont have to care, but if they dont care, why post to me. Suppose i come here and vent about my frustration with gsc, its not aimed at anyone.

but hey u wont hear about any fps problems from me anymore.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea