1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Poor FPS / Performance difficulties

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Msportdan, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

So after weeks of pretty much playing AC with the new update. I put on GSC, I was looking forward to it long time away and I thought it will be a blast...long time away and all that?!

errr.... maybe not

I was disappointed with it it felt so lacking performance wise so to speak.. I don't want to get bashed here as I'm just trying to be honest and I will be, you all know me by now.

The gfx, which really suffers and not only that I cant sustain 60 fps with this game on full whack, replays can drop to around 20fps on my i7 gtx 970. Theres glitches around tracks etc etc/// Its a little disheartening after running pcars and ac at full whack solid 60fps. The ai have issues and its plain to see. Its just this engine has been flogged to death and reiza have should be proud by it .

The thing for me is that on high shadows (unlike rf2), the shadows dont go on/inside the cars, and sometimes looks very unauthentic/flat. Max shadows kills my fps in shadows heavy tracks/time..

I'm so sorry guys.. I love your work, but I think we need to move on technologically speaking.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    • Haha Haha x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

800px-Trolling_drawing.jpg

• Winner x 13
    • Like x 2
    • Haha x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Beer x 1
  3. Enzo Fazzi

Enzo Fazzi
    Always sideways Premium Member

The feeling is pretty subjective, so I'm not going to respond to that, but for the graphics, you must be doing something wrong.

On my current pc: New i7, 8GB ram and GTX650 and Windows 8.1. Capped to 120fps, but goes way over.
    Old pc: AMD X2 6000+ dual core, 3.2GB ram and GTX650 and Windows XP. Capped to 120 fps, but was stable at 150.
    Everything at maxed out settings.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

what can I be doing wrong?

5. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

We'd need your settings to be able to help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

for instance a night race with the mr18 at imola, and 18 cars I got well down into the 20s fps. I'm on windows 10 now. What can I provide Fabio, please?

7. Do you mean my i3 2100 with no video card is beating a GTX 970? Holy batman! :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  8. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Well obviously Dan's PC is very badly set up. Perhaps he doesn't realise how good some of our sims really are. :laugh::whistling:

9. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

A screenshot of your graphics settings... on GSC Config, in-game, and, if you use it, nVidia Inspector.

10. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

Really_Interesting.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

incoming guys.
    I mean in car and race its solid 60 unless get lots of smoke or the v8s. but the replays absolutely tank. FPS in corner, no NVidia CP enable. default settings.. windows 10 updated gpd drivers. after the first lap replays the fps get s a bit better and cars thin out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  12. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

Dont worry too much Msportdan.. History suggests that by next week a new manic episode will kick the sadness out and you´ll be saying GSC is the best thing since sliced bread... Until something else is again :( :) :( :)

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  13. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

this is true, but still doesn't help my fps? :) why am I getting sheer poor fps drops.... if I can run ac 60fps solid, I should blitz this and its the opposite.
    I just don't get it,,,, and I wont lie its does effect my gameplay.

14. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

Smoke and shadows are unfortunately all still calculated by the CPU - a lot of cars on track at night will bring even great systems to its knees. We hope to improve that but not sure we can still make it for GSCE.

In any other circunstance though you should be running full grid very confortably (your system is very similar to my own) - have you noticed a drop in performance relative to what you had before upgrading to Win10?

15. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

nah ive always had these drops... the new v8s I get in race too.. especially on the first lap, although not as bad as above.

16. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

Set antialiasing to NONE from GSC Config, and instead use the NVIDIA control panel setting to overwrite the application - this will both look better as well be lighter on performance.

You can check more information as to how best optimize graphics in GSCE in this guide.

• Like Like x 1
  17. A reminder regarding this technology:

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

You took the words right out of my mouth :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

and just to defend my habit of jumping from sim to sim, is that they all change on pretty much a bi monthly status. WIth patches and updates constantly being developed these sims don't simply just stay stale. Hell with RRe new physics update that could even be my next best thing since sliced bread lol..

sorry if i don't just worship one sim.

hell i even tried rf2 last nite and i cant beleive how much that has changed since my last rant about that!

i will stick by my initial statement performance lets down my experience in GSC, in what is already the visually lacking sim. (compared to others)

• Haha Haha x 1
  20. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

MsportDan, I'm sure you will find your holy grail one day. Why don't you go back to GTR 2 and see 200 fps and quality sim racing?

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1