Poor FPS / Performance difficulties

Msportdan

@Simberia
So after weeks of pretty much playing AC with the new update. I put on GSC, I was looking forward to it long time away and I thought it will be a blast...long time away and all that?!

errr.... maybe not

I was disappointed with it it felt so lacking performance wise so to speak.. I don't want to get bashed here as I'm just trying to be honest and I will be, you all know me by now.

The gfx, which really suffers and not only that I cant sustain 60 fps with this game on full whack, replays can drop to around 20fps on my i7 gtx 970. Theres glitches around tracks etc etc/// Its a little disheartening after running pcars and ac at full whack solid 60fps. The ai have issues and its plain to see. Its just this engine has been flogged to death and reiza have should be proud by it .

The thing for me is that on high shadows (unlike rf2), the shadows dont go on/inside the cars, and sometimes looks very unauthentic/flat. Max shadows kills my fps in shadows heavy tracks/time..

I'm so sorry guys.. I love your work, but I think we need to move on technologically speaking.

Last edited:
..soooo? that makes your previous post meaningless? Our point is that with the decent hardware we have (on paper at least) we should be able to run everything on max, not compromise the quality and dumb it down to high.

I didn't say you had to drop to high settings.
You obviously miss the point here.
If the game can run on high settings with a VERY basic PC like that, then your Graphic card, which costs more than that WHOLE system should make the jump from high to max without even a blink!
What I was saying was, maybe the hardware is too good or has too many extra settings Kind of over-kill. Just trying to help anyway.

sorry mate, what you say doesn't make sense, but maybe we are at cross purposes? Its not about the cost of a graphics card (not sure where that came from?) but on paper there shouldn't be any issue with fps, we run nearly twice the recommended specs and still get fps issues, I know you are trying to help but it's frustrating!

I know cost isn't the issue.
If a GT430 can run it on high, and the bigger, better cards can't run it on max, it's got to be the way the card is set up. You should easily get 200+ fps, no matter how many cars on track with max settings. Have the guys tried to just run the card with everything default in the card settings?

Well, in the end, you didn't build that computer just to play GSCE on it and nothing else, right? Just drop few of the settings down, until it runs perfect, and you probably wont even notice it.

In theory, you should be able to build a computer, that runs every single game on max - in practice tho, it is not possible. So many components, so many compatibility issues, so many softwares - you cant do it. Also, running on max is just ticking checkboxes - you wont really see the difference unless you specifically compare side to side. You're technically obsessing over something that is written in the options menu - if there are bunch of "highs" in there instead of "max" - does that change the gameplay? What is "max" anyway? Nothing, just a artificial limit - you can run much higher than that. There's sweetfx with hundreds of effects, there's supersample, there are million of aliasing options...

only thing i dont like about high shadows is then you lose all the shadows on the car (going under bridges etc).

In rf2 the shadow high settings just effect resolution, you still see shadows on the car. Shame reiza couldnt adapt the same shadow settings.

@Msportdan

From your description, you comp should be running GscE without any problems. The one question I did not see you answer in any posts is, " What other software is running in the background?"

Are you running windows firewall and windows defender, or a third party anti-virus suite? I know my AV suite has fits when GscE updates.

Any malware monitoring software, like Spybot S&D, running?

What apps are in your windows start up folder? How many auto updates for other programs running in the background?

One of these might be using a portion of memory or running a service that interferes or overlaps with what the game requires. Have you tried turning them off and /or disabling them to see if there is any improvement?

One thing I noticed other simmers complaining about is the parameter to run the game on all CPU cores. When they disable this parameter, they see an improvement in the game, or their problem clears up. From what I have read, it affects different hardware in different ways.

Also windows has a built in obsolescent factor; in that old software, especially games, will not run well on the newer operating systems or at all...

Good luck trying to solve this headache...............

this may be totally random , but doing some gfx tests with the vees at Canada modern I noticed a perculiar thing. I was noticing sometimes the all the cars in race/replays (start of race) had full mirrors (reflecting images) and after about a few corners all the mirrors went grey.

The main thing I noticed is that when the mirrors were blank I was gaining 5-10 fps in replay cameras, then when the mirrors became enables so to speak.

This is something that could preserve FPS if reiza could maintiain the cars NOT have mirrors on in replays.

UPDATE
I actually know what causes the mirrors to disappear, its when you switch to an external cam then back to trackside, as ive done this in a live race (not replay)

Fresh start race. (mirrors activated)

Same race after switching to another external cam then back to track cam (mirrors blank)

Restarted race after switching views again (mirrors blank)

This may or may not help you guys. But we should have blank mirrors imo as it does keep fps down. You can actually test it,
-do a ai race.
-Got to track cam** at start
-wait for cars to get off line
-Pause it (has mirrors)
-switch to any external vehicle cam (home key) /stay paused
-switch back to same track cam** (mirrors disappear) /stay paused

Last edited:
<mod edit, no swearing> got nothing to add then just dont comment .

Who I am? no one in particular, I think that ''f'' is of more, I'm just an occasional reader of this forum, and happen when I read your post, always complaining about something in particular, always a complaint about something, and that for me it is no help...Mr.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back