Poor FPS / Performance difficulties

Msportdan

@Simberia
So after weeks of pretty much playing AC with the new update. I put on GSC, I was looking forward to it long time away and I thought it will be a blast...long time away and all that?!

errr.... maybe not

I was disappointed with it it felt so lacking performance wise so to speak.. I don't want to get bashed here as I'm just trying to be honest and I will be, you all know me by now.

The gfx, which really suffers and not only that I cant sustain 60 fps with this game on full whack, replays can drop to around 20fps on my i7 gtx 970. Theres glitches around tracks etc etc/// Its a little disheartening after running pcars and ac at full whack solid 60fps. The ai have issues and its plain to see. Its just this engine has been flogged to death and reiza have should be proud by it .

The thing for me is that on high shadows (unlike rf2), the shadows dont go on/inside the cars, and sometimes looks very unauthentic/flat. Max shadows kills my fps in shadows heavy tracks/time..

I'm so sorry guys.. I love your work, but I think we need to move on technologically speaking.

Last edited:
No idea. What I do know is that even in "vanilla" RF1, with 1 car, there is 1 particular drop spot at Toban Short (the left, right, left section starting at the bottom of the steep downhill). Even when I'm playing at 200 or 300 fps, that exact spot/camera (durIng TV/trackside cam use) always has very large frame-drops, even in the day, even with only 1 car. So basically there are particular spots in many tracks that have relatively large frame drops.

Oh, and this is besides the point but, if I recall correctly, TV/trackside cam generally has quite a bit lower framerates, as a whole, then cockpit/onboard views. I think that's just natural though.

dan, with vsync always enable tripple buffering too
This did it for me :thumbsup: I enabled this and wow what a difference! Solid 60FPS doesn't budge, thanks for the tip :)
Ooops.. scratch that...just realized I had forgotten I turned shadows done to high last time I played :(...having said that, it did take me a bit notice so maybe it is only high shadows for now?

Last edited:
@JorritVD

Try this mirror.bmp... remove the .png after you download.

Copy the file to the "GameData\Vehicles\" folder.

You may notice some distortion in the image on some cars more than others, but the performance should improve.

Attachments

• MIRROR.bmp.png
    320.1 KB · Views: 292
when windows 10 released publicly-
reinstalled gsc few weeks ago-

so have you guys checked this or just PRESUMED Im talking crap?

Well duh.

Settings:
GSC 2015-09-12 15-43-12-29.jpg

For some reason the screenshot doesn't save the Fraps FPS, but it was about 220 on Interlagos, full Stock Car Grid. No editing of mirror files or anything.

I can also achieve 200 or 300 fps at times, and I'd think so could Dan and many others. There are particular, seemingly disproportionatley heavy drop-spots when using TV/trackside cam though.

Haven't noticed it myself, and I've done some races up to an hour which I've fully watched back. It could be related to only some tracks though, because I haven't raced on every circuit yet.

The shadows in this game run on the CPU not the GPU, so the framerate difference between shadows high/max (only on max do shadows affect the cars) can vary wildy depending on

a) the amount of shadows falling on the track and thus the cars
b) the amount of cars currently being rendered and in the race total
c) the race situation (for example the amount of CPU load in first laps & sharp corners) since the CPU also has to run AI and physics

I have an i7-2600K and a GTX970 and can blow up all the details as much as I want, adding DSR, whatever - not a problem. But shadows from high to max and up on the hill in Bathurst with the sharp dipping corners and trees throwing shadows on the line of cars the game starts chugging at 30-50 FPS.

Ok, while I still stand by my general statement about max and high shadows, I have to agree something funky is going on with the SuperV8s. Did some tests on Bathurst, 20 cars, all settings max except Shadow Blur off, driving behind field.

Numbers are: Stock Car / SuperV8 / 10 SuperV8s

On the straight after turn 1: 250 / 200 / 270
In the righthander turning uphill: 200 / 70 / 200
Sharp left immediately after: 150 / 60 / 160
The two fast lefthanders up on the hill: 250 / 80 / 280
First sharp dipping lefthander in the downhill section: 120 / 50 / 95
Sharp dipping lefthander before the long straight: 150 / 50 / 100

Example:
http://i.imgur.com/Mkot6ji.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/l0pJSOC.jpg
FPS Counter is rather small, upper left corner.

This kinda makes me want to turn on max shadows again and not drive the SuperV8s :(

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back