Poor FPS / Performance difficulties

Msportdan

@Simberia
So after weeks of pretty much playing AC with the new update. I put on GSC, I was looking forward to it long time away and I thought it will be a blast...long time away and all that?!

errr.... maybe not

I was disappointed with it it felt so lacking performance wise so to speak.. I don't want to get bashed here as I'm just trying to be honest and I will be, you all know me by now.

The gfx, which really suffers and not only that I cant sustain 60 fps with this game on full whack, replays can drop to around 20fps on my i7 gtx 970. Theres glitches around tracks etc etc/// Its a little disheartening after running pcars and ac at full whack solid 60fps. The ai have issues and its plain to see. Its just this engine has been flogged to death and reiza have should be proud by it .

The thing for me is that on high shadows (unlike rf2), the shadows dont go on/inside the cars, and sometimes looks very unauthentic/flat. Max shadows kills my fps in shadows heavy tracks/time..

I'm so sorry guys.. I love your work, but I think we need to move on technologically speaking.

Last edited:
You said you tried multiple settings, but is the game actually using your videocard at max power? In your nvidia profiler, set "power management mode" to "max performance". If that doesn't fix it, well, you can use MSI afterburner and see if your CPU and GPU are actually running at full power, and what kinds of resources the game is actually using.

You say "replays tank" are they that inportant to the game ?
With my stone age 2core PC on WinXp, I can get at least 60fps on medium settings
images.jpg

Reactions: hex
nope updated w10 driver last nite. didnt make any odds.

as i said i think it will be the opponent detail.
It wont be certainly not to that extent. I feel like I am repeating myself here but you need to start at the beginning. On a GTX660ti I could run everything maxed out with some AA in nvidia inspector no problem maintaining over 60fps even at somewhere like Sebring at dusk with 20 cars.

Did you try to run videocard at max performance? Did you check what might be wrong with MSI afterburner? Maybe cpu or videocard are underclocking, because windows thinks SCE doesn't require power...

I have 550 ti, core 2 quad q8200 at 2.3 ghz... solid 60 with everything at max except shadows and special effects. 8x csaa, 4x anisotrophic...

please enlighten me how i should upgrade from a
GTX 970
i7 3770k
16gb ram

this is a recent upgrade, if gsc cant run properly on this then its the software.
I know I've stated this in the past.. I'm running a GTX980, i7, and 16gb - SCE runs just fine with detail set to max on most every setting. Maybe I'm easily satisfied...

I too divide my time between multiple sims/games - SCE, R3E, pCARS, rFactor 2, AC, Dirt Rally, etc.. I find good and not so good in every one but I don't dwell on the not so good. I take it for what it is and either wait for a fix, an improvement, or spend my time on those that provide the most fun at any particular time. I can complain all I want but the developers can only do so much. I enjoy every one of the above, some more than others.
Of course you have the right to complain, but some have just commented in this thread as you seem to like to point out the faults of every one of the above sims at some point or another, then rehash again and again over time. Again, I'm not saying you are wrong but are getting feedback that comes with the territory.
My $.01

okay I'm just about to reinstall GSC, but I'm getting a steam error.. content servers unreachable or something. Anyone have.

nevermind working now lol

soz

To the above comment, I actually agree with you, its a negative point about how I look at sims. I know. I'm going to try better

I try to look how lucky we are to have these fantastic sims available with loads of free content and amazing peripherals.

It wasn't that long ago i was playing Nigel Mansells F1 on the snes (well 30 years ago).

Keep taking the pills Dan.

Dan, did you actually follow the guide that Renato suggested back in the first page? You've replied to everything except that post, looks like.

I also have a 970, 16GB of RAM, and a much older processor (i5 2500k) and I don't have the issues you mention - but I do follow that guide.

fab

I actually tried the aa method, did not make any difference. I'm going to go thru the individual settings now and pinpoint what is giving me the drop. I'm just reinstalling now (well downloading on my 1.5mb)

ill keep you posted thru this evening. My two suspects are special effects and opponent details.

but ay lets see.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back