Poor FPS / Performance difficulties

Msportdan

@Simberia
So after weeks of pretty much playing AC with the new update. I put on GSC, I was looking forward to it long time away and I thought it will be a blast...long time away and all that?!

errr.... maybe not

I was disappointed with it it felt so lacking performance wise so to speak.. I don't want to get bashed here as I'm just trying to be honest and I will be, you all know me by now.

The gfx, which really suffers and not only that I cant sustain 60 fps with this game on full whack, replays can drop to around 20fps on my i7 gtx 970. Theres glitches around tracks etc etc/// Its a little disheartening after running pcars and ac at full whack solid 60fps. The ai have issues and its plain to see. Its just this engine has been flogged to death and reiza have should be proud by it .

The thing for me is that on high shadows (unlike rf2), the shadows dont go on/inside the cars, and sometimes looks very unauthentic/flat. Max shadows kills my fps in shadows heavy tracks/time..

I'm so sorry guys.. I love your work, but I think we need to move on technologically speaking.

Last edited:
i will stick by my initial statement performance lets down my experience in GSC, in what is already the visually lacking sim. (compared to others)

This is were I think you are going wrong Dan, instead of asking yourself what am I doing wrong what can I do to improve things your immediate reaction is the blame game. With your setup you should not be having performance issues. Before I moved to a GTX970 my 660Ti was blowing your performance out the water. There must be something you are not doing or doing that is causing this.

Are you running DSR if so how much?

Do you have time scaling on. This should be set to none.

There are loads of things to check and tweak so in my opinion it is always worth taking the time to explore every avenue before the blame game starts.

i have done pretty much every gfx tweak there is laz... ive since turned off dsr. Time scaling is set to normal. Whatever i do replays tank and the odd first lap busy incident especially the new v8s.. Your right somethings not right as i can run pcars and ac almost full whack at a constant 60fp!

but to be honest its not new me having fps issues in replays and new cars (vees were a ass ache before) ive never had a constant 60 in this game when my rig should easily do.

i know your all coming to reizas protection, but it doesnt mean there isnt optimisation issues with the engine. its been noted several times by several users just check this board.

Last edited:
Time scaling is set to normal

Normal or None?

I am not coming to Reiza's aid they are more than capable themselves, it's just when the majority of people don't have a problem with a game then you have to have a look at your own setup. I would pare everything back to low and gradually add things back in to see if you can identify what it is. If you disable v sync with low settings you should get fps somewhere well into the hundreds then add settings in.

normal. i did have the micro stuttering but the ma rendered frames at 1 fixed that,

i personally think i know what its gonna be..

the opponent detail... but i dont want to sacrifce the models really.

oh the system memory etc. ive never found that helped. but ill try again.. :) may do a reinstall as well.
I know it's a faff, but if you can reinstall with no mods (not sure if you have any installed) start with the settings low and build it up from there, like I say in theory you should be able to max it with out too much issues.

Remember to set time scale to none!

don't think its as simple as that, same thing here, hardware not a problem, done all the graphics tweaks but still getting fps drops here and there, mainly with rfactor track conversions though?
You will get fps drops as with any driving game depending on the amount of detail on the track at that time. You can lower the track detail for a smoother experience and probably shadows. But you will see it vary around a particular track, just make sure your settings allow you enough headroom to run at or above your refresh rate of your monitor, or get G-Sync like I have and it no longer is a problem if it drops.

so you are saying just accept it, that's as good as it gets, even if your hardware should blow it out of the fricken park...that's just how it is?... Yep that works?
Well unless you know how reprogram the engine, I am not sure what else can be done. Like I say it happens in all driving games. I have a FPS counter running at all times and it varies massively depending on a number of factors in all of them (SCE, RF2, Pcars AC etc) What else is there to do?

i dont run any mods only reiza content, as i said i think the engine has hit its limitations and i dont think its down to mine or other peoples hardware.

for example on rre and AC and even pcars i can run 22 cars on a replay at solid 60fps.. Even ark survival evolved which is known as a pc killer, i can run that on high with around 50fps..

it comes down to how much faffing i want to do or just race another sim thats just as good and better looking...

but i will take the time to finally get to the bottom of this as i think reiza are worth it,

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years