PC2 PCARS 2 DLC Previews Revealed- Porsche 917/10

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 4.png

Project CARS 2 is set to receive a new Porsche themed DLC pack soon, and to celebrate SMS have released some nice previews of the awesome 917/10...

Set to feature nine models from throughout the 70 year racing history of the brand, the upcoming Porsche Legends DLC will be made available to both console and PC variants of the title alongside a new track, unconfirmed in title but labelled as "intimately associated" with the well known German marque.

Slightly Mad Studios have yet to confirm all nine models to be included in the content pack, however we do know that as well as the previewed 917/10 we will be getting a 2017 spec 911 RSR and the lovely 1948 356... cool.

So while we await release later this month, check out the latest preview images below:

Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 99.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 88.jpg

Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 1.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 2.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 5.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 6.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 7.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 33.jpg

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the 'Porsche Legends' DLC? What models would you like to see included in the pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I also had flickering in the Rift before update 1.4, so much so, that i stopped playing after around 10 hours into the career.
But 1.4 solved it completely for me (it is, btw, also noted in the changelog). No more flickering, and now Pcars2 is probably the most beautiful racing sim in VR. Everything just looks so real and natural, more "3D"ish and less "oh, there are flat tiles/polygons" as i sometimes encounter in R3E or even more in Assetto Corsa. Had my first club race in Pcars2 recently, and it was an absolute blast. Amongst my 3 best club races ever.

So while some people may still have some issues, and i feel sorry for them - blaming the game overall as being "worthless" or anything in that category is just pure nonsense and childish.
For me it's (now) the joint top online Sim together with R3E, and i know enough people who feel the same way

yep i read the notes in the patch. I'm not sure the flickering issue is the same. It happens with crash barriers where there are tyres behind the advertising board. Nuremberg, Brno, Monza & Fuji do it. The tyres clip through. It's a shame as otherwise the game looks really nice(apart from maybe severe popin at times)esp since they added sharpening recently.
But yeah the DLC is coming out, not like they are going stop releasing the DLC after people already paid for it (including myself) but i do feel there are cars within vanilla that really need a lot of love.

Yep, I don't like the inconsistency of the FFB in pC2, you really need to tweak every car in order to get the feeling you want, but when you do they become awesome. I really hope they do that next title better, it is also a reason a lot drivers from other sims say the physics are ****, when in fact their FFB is not tweaked properly. Btw. AC, iR, R3E are also sims where you have to tweak your FFB alot aswell to get a good feeling, afaik only rF2 provides a very good stock FFB.

Why AC and R3E, I only adjust the in-car gain. And that doesn't bother me, because it's a set it and forget it thing that I only have to do once per car/track (AC) or once per car (R3E). If PCars2 allowed you to save FFB settings per car or per car/track combo, like PCars1, I'd be fine with it. But the way it is now, you have to set it every single time you change cars. And to make it even worse, once you go into a session, you can't see the actual car model you're driving. So if it's one you're not familiar with, and you don't note the model name before starting the session, it's hard to find it on the Jack's Vol/Tone list. Or, if the model is listed somewhere in session, I'm missing it. :unsure:

Why AC and R3E, I only adjust the in-car gain. And that doesn't bother me, because it's a set it and forget it thing that I only have to do once per car/track (AC) or once per car (R3E). If PCars2 allowed you to save FFB settings per car or per car/track combo, like PCars1, I'd be fine with it. But the way it is now, you have to set it every single time you change cars. And to make it even worse, once you go into a session, you can't see the actual car model you're driving. So if it's one you're not familiar with, and you don't note the model name before starting the session, it's hard to find it on the Jack's Vol/Tone list. Or, if the model is listed somewhere in session, I'm missing it. :unsure:

My .02
When I first started playing I was a little underwhelmed with the ffb and started playing with every ffb setting, than jack spade files which added to the strength but still felt bad.
I than went back to the 3 pre set flavors and played with them and started adjusting....finally I settled with stock Immersive.....absolutely amazing on my wheel!!! Thrustmaster TX
It has built in autotune that adjusts the strength up or down based on the car after a lap or 2. Not constantly changing throughout the session that some think it does nor have I ever felt it adjust during a race session, you might if you jump in a race with a car you've never driven and no practice.
I switched to it back in oct. and I haven't touched a ffb setting since.
I have no complaints and in theory for me it works just the same as other games with per car ffb multiplier....only difference is I dont need to exit a session adjust and save it does all the work for me :)

But I understand the need for it with raw settings. Good preset but too much adjusting per car.
I found immersive the most informative and natural with minimal tweaking. Many T300 user like the informative but I found it weaker in regards to the details I look for.

Again ffb is subjective :)

Last edited:
yep i read the notes in the patch. I'm not sure the flickering issue is the same. It happens with crash barriers where there are tyres behind the advertising board. Nuremberg, Brno, Monza & Fuji do it. The tyres clip through. It's a shame as otherwise the game looks really nice(apart from maybe severe popin at times)esp since they added sharpening recently.
But yeah the DLC is coming out, not like they are going stop releasing the DLC after people already paid for it (including myself) but i do feel there are cars within vanilla that really need a lot of love.
You should try moving the "near clip" or something like that in the graphics options, it's a slider that should regulate the flickering between near and far objects, try if increasing or decreasing it makes it look better.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.