PC2 PCARS 2 DLC Previews Revealed- Porsche 917/10

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 4.png

Project CARS 2 is set to receive a new Porsche themed DLC pack soon, and to celebrate SMS have released some nice previews of the awesome 917/10...

Set to feature nine models from throughout the 70 year racing history of the brand, the upcoming Porsche Legends DLC will be made available to both console and PC variants of the title alongside a new track, unconfirmed in title but labelled as "intimately associated" with the well known German marque.

Slightly Mad Studios have yet to confirm all nine models to be included in the content pack, however we do know that as well as the previewed 917/10 we will be getting a 2017 spec 911 RSR and the lovely 1948 356... cool.

So while we await release later this month, check out the latest preview images below:

Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 99.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 88.jpg

Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 1.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 2.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 5.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 6.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 7.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 33.jpg

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the 'Porsche Legends' DLC? What models would you like to see included in the pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
How do you know that the 356 will be part of the DLC? I read the SMS note and it only says that the 356 was the first Porsche, not that it is included in the DLC.

Thanks and regards.

• ronniej

Too bad PC2 is still a completely broken train wreck, so I wont even be able to drive them :-(
How so? I don't play PC2 that often, but I've enjoyed the handful of races I've had...Certainly wouldn't call it a "broken train wreck", so I'm genuinely curious is to why you would say that.

*I play single player hotlaps and races with AI. While not perfect, I haven't seen anything that made me go.."Phk this!!, it's a broken piece of $hite!!"

If you could share some recent examples, that would be appreciated.

• Deleted member 113561

There are some small minor bugs, some of them are a tad annoying, but the game runs really smooth. Keep disagreeing, without providing proper evidence, no one will believe you anyways!

To the people who disagreed with my post above:

If you pre-purchased a software, that launches with significant game breaking bugs (triple screen with AMD GPUs with crossfire with ALL screens flickering of ALL reflective textures) and 6 months after release that bug is still not solved, sorry, you do have a train wreck.

PCars2 is completely broken for me since day 1. I have been extremely patient with following through with many tech support threads and a lot of patience and willingness to experiment and follow advices that essentially all ended in the usual sentence of one of the mods:

"…sorry to hear, the issue is noted and well known by the devs, the issue will be worked on but the issue has no priority, you have to wait."

When patch 1.4 was released I didn't believe my eyes that the issues prevail. PCars2 is unusable for me (all screens flicker constantly).
My machine easily exceeds minimum requirements.
I have tried all suggested workarounds you find on the forums, I went through driver versions from all the way 2 years ago up to the just recently released AMD drivers.
The issue lies with PCars2 and the devs know about this (confirmed by the mods at the official forum).

How you guys can disagree with my post above is a miracle to me - are you stating that, "No, PC2 actually does work on my configuration." ? Or is this just a "Nah, f… you" disagree you whip out as someone criticizes a video game you like to play?

If you pre-purchased a software, that launches with significant game breaking bugs (triple screen with AMD GPUs with crossfire with ALL screens flickering of ALL reflective textures) and 6 months after release that bug is still not solved, sorry, you do have a train wreck.

PCars2 is completely broken for me since day 1. I have been extremely patient with following through with many tech support threads and a lot of patience and willingness to experiment and follow advices that essentially all ended in the usual sentence of one of the mods:

"…sorry to hear, the issue is noted and well known by the devs, the issue will be worked on but the issue has no priority, you have to wait."

When patch 1.4 was released I didn't believe my eyes that the issues prevail. PCars2 is unusable for me (all screens flicker constantly).
I have tried all suggested workarounds you find on the forums, I went through driver versions from all the way 2 years ago up to the just recently released AMD drivers.
The issue lies with PCars2 and the devs know about this (confirmed by the mods at the official forum).

How you guys can disagree with my post above is a miracle to me - are you stating that, "No, PC2 actually does work on my configuration." ? Or is this just a "Nah, f… you" disagree you whip out as someone criticizes a video game you like to play?
if your setup ( AMD + CrossFire + Tripple screen) is something that 0,1% people have, you can't be surprised that it might not work as for the rest of the people

if someone buys a new steering wheel and the game doesn't support it, it's nobody's fault,
yes it's annoying, but it's not surprising

I play on single screen on GTX1070, and also on OculusRift and in neither I'm experimenting flickering textures or anything like that so yeah, I disagree with your post ;)

I have slightly shimmering/flickering shadows, which is extremly annoying and also has been there from day1, but that's not reason to call the game broken

Nobody's going to argue with you with that pCars isn't usable with those details. Blanket statement like 'it's a train wreck' will trigger people at some point! ;)

It's obviously working as intended for a majority of people.

I would love to run these guys but i've stepped away because I can't find FFB that i'm happy with. I don't have any bugs and the content/visuals are spectacular, but for me...even with a DD wheel I just can't find a good place with the FFB. It's too bad, because I really want this game to be amazing. The content is top notch and this looks like another winner.

917 is a tough one to handle. Raced together with a couple of other sim enthusiasts a weekly challenge last week around Nordschleife Endurance. What a beast of a car. Doing a clean lap with some pace was a real challenge for every one (from beginner to alien). So looking forward how it handles in PCars2.

PS I race PCars2 each day for a couple of hours. Thanks to the supportforum I found right ffb and in VR with motion sim it is a real joy to experience this racesim. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back