PC2 PCARS 2 DLC Previews Revealed- Porsche 917/10

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 4.png

Project CARS 2 is set to receive a new Porsche themed DLC pack soon, and to celebrate SMS have released some nice previews of the awesome 917/10...

Set to feature nine models from throughout the 70 year racing history of the brand, the upcoming Porsche Legends DLC will be made available to both console and PC variants of the title alongside a new track, unconfirmed in title but labelled as "intimately associated" with the well known German marque.

Slightly Mad Studios have yet to confirm all nine models to be included in the content pack, however we do know that as well as the previewed 917/10 we will be getting a 2017 spec 911 RSR and the lovely 1948 356... cool.

So while we await release later this month, check out the latest preview images below:

Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 99.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 88.jpg

Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 1.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 2.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 5.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 6.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 7.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 33.jpg

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the 'Porsche Legends' DLC? What models would you like to see included in the pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • ronniej

@Dirk Steffen So, did you find out (or know) if it's a matter of SMS not communicating with AMD, or AMD not supplying a driver for Crossfire w/PC2? ..... I wanted to support AMD last time around and purchase their Vega, but the availability was terrible at launch and I already had a couple of GTX980ti's. I used to run 3way SLI at one point, but in the end I mainly run just one now because I get a headache with constantly messing with settings, and Nvidia inspector, unsupported games, etc.

I'll try answering the question asked and say I'm very much looking forward to it and to any Porsche cars.
+1

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't play PC2 that often, but I've enjoyed the handful of races I've had...Certainly wouldn't call it a "broken train wreck", so I'm genuinely curious is to why you would say that.

It's more of a meme than anything.

The amount of sim racing YouTubers embarking on three, five, even seven hour marathon livestreams of pCars 2 indicates that the pros certainly outweigh the cons. Broken games don't have this kind of following.

I'd be lying if I straight up said there weren't any bugs, but I think the volume of false or misinformed reports versus actual, genuine bugs is what causes the "broken train wreck" sentiment to continue to circulate.

Unplayable may sound a bit harsh, indeed. But for some people it is close. I for one have a massive problem with the "World" movement settings. Imo the world should not move. Setting it to zero solves that for the greatest part, but then the up/down movement of the dashboard when climbing or descending is way too harsh and the world still moves when on a crest. It is causing me nausea after a short while (depending on the track, flat tracks are not too bad).
Secondly: the clutch does not work as it should. A HUGE flaw and completely out of place in a "sim".
Third: no matter what settings, I still get landscape objects popping up when I'm passing them (even visible on the center screen alone. I get to see a kind of blanket moving over the water of Bannochbrae, really disturbing.
Four: my PC's specs are high enough to set most if not all on ultra. But then the framerate is nowhere near playable. PC2 needs some optimalisation clearly.
All these things have been mentioned and discussed on the official forum in hundreds of pages, nothing has been done after almost half a year !
There is more, a lot more, but I could live with that.
I've been driving over 1500 hrs in pC1, so it is not that I am opposed to the idea using something from SMS, but all the things I mentioned above are making that pC2 is not playable for ME.

So, all this just to answer the topic question: none of the DLC interests me until these issues are solved
(And yes, I also bought the season pass).

Last edited:
I thought this was to be a thread about which ones of the Porches you would like to drive - and not the 100´th thread about whether PC2 is good or bad... It´s getting a bit tedious when every post about something in PC2 - ALWAYS become a thread to state that it dosen´t work... and oh yes... by the way - I voted for the 917.;)

How you guys can disagree with my post above is a miracle to me - are you stating that, "No, PC2 actually does work on my configuration." ? Or is this just a "Nah, f… you" disagree you whip out as someone criticizes a video game you like to play?

Calling the sim a "completely broken train wreck" is different than, "I can't get it to work on my particular oddball setup". If I can't get a particular game to work on my machine, I don't universally pan the game. PC2 works for 99.9% of people out there. Sure, it sucks that you can't enjoy it, but to rant on and on about it seems a little ridiculous when the devs have acknowledged your situation and are working on it.

To the people who disagreed with my post above:
But the thread is about the Porsche DLC. If you have an issue with PC2 there is a proper place to vent your frustration: This isn't it.
I am curious as to why you want to make your problems mine.
Are that upset that you must spoil others enjoyment too? If so this is definitely not the forum you need!

917! It's going to be brilliant trying to keep it on track :)

To the people who disagreed with my post above:

If you pre-purchased a software, that launches with significant game breaking bugs (triple screen with AMD GPUs with crossfire with ALL screens flickering of ALL reflective textures) and 6 months after release that bug is still not solved, sorry, you do have a train wreck.

PCars2 is completely broken for me since day 1. I have been extremely patient with following through with many tech support threads and a lot of patience and willingness to experiment and follow advices that essentially all ended in the usual sentence of one of the mods:

"…sorry to hear, the issue is noted and well known by the devs, the issue will be worked on but the issue has no priority, you have to wait."

When patch 1.4 was released I didn't believe my eyes that the issues prevail. PCars2 is unusable for me (all screens flicker constantly).
My machine easily exceeds minimum requirements.
I have tried all suggested workarounds you find on the forums, I went through driver versions from all the way 2 years ago up to the just recently released AMD drivers.
The issue lies with PCars2 and the devs know about this (confirmed by the mods at the official forum).

How you guys can disagree with my post above is a miracle to me - are you stating that, "No, PC2 actually does work on my configuration." ? Or is this just a "Nah, f… you" disagree you whip out as someone criticizes a video game you like to play?
CrossFire is a thing of the past, you should move away from it.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/3005-amd-moving-away-from-crossfire-with-rx-vega

if your setup ( AMD + CrossFire + Tripple screen) is something that 0,1% people have, you can't be surprised that it might not work as for the rest of the people

if someone buys a new steering wheel and the game doesn't support it, it's nobody's fault,
yes it's annoying, but it's not surprising

I play on single screen on GTX1070, and also on OculusRift and in neither I'm experimenting flickering textures or anything like that so yeah, I disagree with your post ;)

I have slightly shimmering/flickering shadows, which is extremly annoying and also has been there from day1, but that's not reason to call the game broken

I have pretty bad flickering around the around the track with some textures in my Oculus, i provided evidence of this with video. I've not had any acknowledgement from SMS that its been looked into. For me they do put me off playing the game or shall we say contribute to not playing alongside other issues. So personally i can understand his frustration.
There tends to be a knee jerk reaction to any criticism towards the game on here & i accept SMS get some unfair treatment but if you are just dismissing all those who are critical it can't be good for the game or fanbase imo.

To the people who disagreed with my post above:...

I agree that there are issues with PC2 but I have yet to find it as unplayable as you describe. Perhaps it is your set-up. I play single screen and have not had an issue with GFX. I do play with a number of guys who use Oculus but only one has ever had GFX issues.

While there are a number of bugs in PC2 that need attention, I would take a hard look at your set-up to see if the issues you are experiencing start there instead of the game itself.

It is too bad you are having the experiences you are having as I find the game satisfying for my needs.

Guys..... someone leaked the DLC in Youtube a couple of weeks back...the video is taken down but i saw everything :sneaky:

Carrera GT........................Road C
911 RSR...........................GTE
911 2.8 Carrera RSR ......VTGA
935 Moby Dick.................Gr5
935 MOMO Moby Dick....Gr5
959..................................Road E
917/30.............................Can am (new class)
917..................................Vintage Proto-A (new class)

Track, Porsche Test Track Leipzig
Damn i wanted the 993 turbo 3.6, 550A-Spyder, 2002 Boxster S, 930 Turbo 3.3 :(

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play