PC2 PCARS 2 DLC Previews Revealed- Porsche 917/10

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 4.png

Project CARS 2 is set to receive a new Porsche themed DLC pack soon, and to celebrate SMS have released some nice previews of the awesome 917/10...

Set to feature nine models from throughout the 70 year racing history of the brand, the upcoming Porsche Legends DLC will be made available to both console and PC variants of the title alongside a new track, unconfirmed in title but labelled as "intimately associated" with the well known German marque.

Slightly Mad Studios have yet to confirm all nine models to be included in the content pack, however we do know that as well as the previewed 917/10 we will be getting a 2017 spec 911 RSR and the lovely 1948 356... cool.

So while we await release later this month, check out the latest preview images below:

Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 99.jpg
Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 88.jpg

Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 1.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 2.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 5.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 6.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 7.png Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Preview 33.jpg

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the 'Porsche Legends' DLC? What models would you like to see included in the pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Really looking foward to it. The game is not my most favorite one but I still enjoy throwing some cars (also road cars) over the tracks. I just hope they don´t completely **** up the engine sound as they did with the 911 R....

Project cars series always had bad optimization for AMD cards.
Some settings results in a black screen when getting on track. But hey, I’m running a triple screen with one RX470 which by default is way underpowered for a game like PC2 in triple setup while it’s already depends heavily on the GPU. And it isn’t like it’s a secret that PC2 is optimized for nvidia.

But hey, when you see a PC2 headliner on the frontpage you can expect b#tching and moaning in 3, 2, 1. And yes, of course it’s got it’s peculiarities and issues unsolved since PC1. But makes that the game bad? With that mindset every game is just plain bad. There is no game in the world without it’s issues.

But enough to that, I really looking forward to the 356. A very significant car in the history of Porsche and sportcars in general. Though all three cars have significant stories to tell and all have their own place in Porsche’s history.

I would love to run these guys but i've stepped away because I can't find FFB that i'm happy with. I don't have any bugs and the content/visuals are spectacular, but for me...even with a DD wheel I just can't find a good place with the FFB. It's too bad, because I really want this game to be amazing. The content is top notch and this looks like another winner.

I had the same problem. But I recently started using Jack's new custom files. It sucks that you have to adjust the Volume/Tone balance for each, but it makes a huge difference. I was skeptical about it (the value vs pain of doing it), but it has proven to be worth it.

• Deleted member 99238

SMS needs to do something with 3d models of trees on the tracks. What is there is in the game looks much worse than in any racing game. Photorealism of their tracks under a big question.

• Deleted member 113561

AMD had in the past years always very bad optimized drivers in general. Generally SLI / Crossfire become more and more unoptimized because anyways barely anyone uses it and there are a lot of disadvantages (money, complexitity, gain/cost, etc.). So I wouldn't blame bad AMD GPU performance on the game if the game runs well with Nvidia.

I had the same problem. But I recently started using Jack's new custom files. It sucks that you have to adjust the Volume/Tone balance for each, but it makes a huge difference. I was skeptical about it (the value vs pain of doing it), but it has proven to be worth it.
Yep, I don't like the inconsistency of the FFB in pC2, you really need to tweak every car in order to get the feeling you want, but when you do they become awesome. I really hope they do that next title better, it is also a reason a lot drivers from other sims say the physics are ****, when in fact their FFB is not tweaked properly. Btw. AC, iR, R3E are also sims where you have to tweak your FFB alot aswell to get a good feeling, afaik only rF2 provides a very good stock FFB.

Unplayable may sound a bit harsh, indeed. But for some people it is close. I for one have a massive problem with the "World" movement settings. Imo the world should not move. Setting it to zero solves that for the greatest part, but then the up/down movement of the dashboard when climbing or descending is way too harsh and the world still moves when on a crest. It is causing me nausea after a short while (depending on the track, flat tracks are not too bad).
Secondly: the clutch does not work as it should. A HUGE flaw and completely out of place in a "sim".
Third: no matter what settings, I still get landscape objects popping up when I'm passing them (even visible on the center screen alone. I get to see a kind of blanket moving over the water of Bannochbrae, really disturbing.
Four: my PC's specs are high enough to set most if not all on ultra. But then the framerate is nowhere near playable. PC2 needs some optimalisation clearly.
All these things have been mentioned and discussed on the official forum in hundreds of pages, nothing has been done after almost half a year !
There is more, a lot more, but I could live whit that.
I've been driving over 1500 hrs in pC1, so it is not that I am opposed to the idea using something from SMS, but all the things I mentioned above are making that pC2 is not playable for ME.

So, all this just to answer the topic question: none of the DLC interests me until these issues are solved
(And yes, I also bought the season pass).
1) Never heard of anyone complaining about that, you are the first ... I personally have set every camera movement to 0. Deal with it.
2) What does not work at the clutch? Be more specific.
3) I think there are <5 tracks which this is not good, but compared to other sims, I don't see more noticable popping. At least for the mirror, I have less than in most other sims
4) Ultra is always meant for the most beefy computers you can imagine, there is a reason it is called ULTRA. Ultra in newer titles is also mostly built for 4K, ie. ultra Textures. I always set my ingame settings so I achieve 60 fps while driving with 2/3 cars infront & behind during Thunderstorm, Night, LeMans, Full field, 4 classes (LMP1, LMP2, GTE, GT3) and I have a GTX 970 and still run most settings on Ultra. I suspect you use some crazy supersampling andor have a weak CPU.

They are your issues, you don't seem to know how to handle the game. Very typical for customers of more complex products.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Never heard of anyone complaining about that, you are the first ... I personally have set every camera movement to 0. Deal with it.
I really don't need someone to tell me to DEAL WITH IT.
If you have not heard complaints about it, I would suggest reading pCars forum.
2) What does not work at the clutch? Be more specific.
Not going to discuss that here with you, go read the pCars forum.
They are your issues, you don't seem to know how to handle the game. Very typical for customers of more complex products.
Again, if you think they are only my issues, go read the pcars forum. And even if they were only my issues, I think I'm entitled to my opinion, even if it does not suit yours. in addition to that, I don't like your belittling tone of voice either.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 113561

I really don't need someone to tell me to DEAL WITH IT.
If you have not heard complaints about it, I would suggest reading pCars forum.

Not going to discuss that here with you, go read the pCars forum.

Again, if you think they are only my issues, go read the pcars forum. And even if they were only my issues, I think I'm entitled to my opinion, even if it does not suit yours. in addition to that, I don't like your belittling tone of voice either.
"I really don't need someone to tell me to DEAL WITH IT" - obviously you do need to, there are always things you won't like in a product, there is always a trade off, perfect doesn't exist, you must "DEAL WITH IT".
"go read the pCars forum" - it is a really huge forum, you again don't provide any evidence, so it falls under "rumours" sofar for me.
"belittling tone of voice" - says the guy complaining without any evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
generation x here and voted for the 911 RSR , I can't take blame for the AC vote as I don't play that game, plus I hate ferrari's for some unknown reason :)

I respect the classic racing roots but prefer modern tech.
I agree with you on post 90’s era Ferrari’s except the 550 and 575 Maranello GT racecars. But as an 80’s kid I just love the 288 GTO. Why? Don’t know. Just the ultimate supercar for me. Wait, no... Remember the 288 GTO Evoluzione... The study for the F40? Now that’s the holy grail of the ultimate supercars to me. :cool::thumbsup:

Sadly the Evo isn’t available in any game as far as I know. :( Well, maybe an idea for @Ian Bell and his team as additional DLC? Would absolutely love it! :p;)

Whopping surprise this has become yet another Pcars bashing thread. And even less surprising there are no mods as far as the eyes can see.
Agreed, but on the other hand, as long as everybody kind of respectfully agrees to disagrees I think the mods don’t have a reason to intervene. Though it would be a welcome addition to a kind of golden forumrule that when going bluntly offtopic bashing and trolling you get a ban for a period of time with a three strikes (permaban) out system or something like that. Whether your a premium member or not.

The fact that most of the post isn’t about the upcoming DLC is quite bizarre. But I think what you mention is absolutely valid and also good to have in a derailed topic like this.

69% votes for the 2017 Porsche 911 RSR - tut tut tut bloody millennials, the same bunch of millennials who voted the SF70H in the Ferrari 70th pack (for AC)

Baby Boomer here so I guess my son is a millenial. I too love the old but like that they are truly representing the GTE class by adding the 911 RSR. I'm excited by the addition of a Can-Am class and hope to see some classic Can-Am cars to add to this area like Lola, McLaren, UOP Shadow.

I have pretty bad flickering around the around the track with some textures in my Oculus, i provided evidence of this with video. I've not had any acknowledgement from SMS that its been looked into. For me they do put me off playing the game or shall we say contribute to not playing alongside other issues. So personally i can understand his frustration.
There tends to be a knee jerk reaction to any criticism towards the game on here & i accept SMS get some unfair treatment but if you are just dismissing all those who are critical it can't be good for the game or fanbase imo.
I also had flickering in the Rift before update 1.4, so much so, that i stopped playing after around 10 hours into the career.
But 1.4 solved it completely for me (it is, btw, also noted in the changelog). No more flickering, and now Pcars2 is probably the most beautiful racing sim in VR. Everything just looks so real and natural, more "3D"ish and less "oh, there are flat tiles/polygons" as i sometimes encounter in R3E or even more in Assetto Corsa. Had my first club race in Pcars2 recently, and it was an absolute blast. Amongst my 3 best club races ever.

So while some people may still have some issues, and i feel sorry for them - blaming the game overall as being "worthless" or anything in that category is just pure nonsense and childish.
For me it's (now) the joint top online Sim together with R3E, and i know enough people who feel the same way

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.