General Paid mods post your opinion

I don't know if it made any sense this idea, from Daniel when he first released the Honda Accord, he released a "demo" car with no lods and a basic skin and it also had a payware version with the full lods, full quality.
I don't know how well he made, if he made any "profit" or whatever return he expected. But it would be a nice step, I personally want cars that behave correctly, 1st of all, then sounds, and at last graphics, we all make this thread and most of the modders are 3d guys, but the sounds of the mods are as much a pita as the 3d itself, it's really hard to make a mod car sound good. It's like the sound guy would be like the drummer of a band, and there are much less talented sound modders than 3d artirts probably IMO.

but whoever is against paid mods, I understand and even they make mods for free, hats off to that. We really apreaciate it for sure and most of the times the quality is not affected by that because they are made by passion. I even did some tv cameras for the replays, it's an easy job but it's the passion that fuels me make that, though I'm pretty basic.

Reactions: CC
I don't know if it made any sense this idea, from Daniel when he first released the Honda Accord, he released a "demo" car with no lods and a basic skin and it also had a payware version with the full lods, full quality.
I don't know how well he made, if he made any "profit" or whatever return he expected. But it would be a nice step, I personally want cars that behave correctly, 1st of all, then sounds, and at last graphics, we all make this thread and most of the modders are 3d guys, but the sounds of the mods are as much a pita as the 3d itself, it's really hard to make a mod car sound good. It's like the sound guy would be like the drummer of a band, and there are much less talented sound modders than 3d artirts probably IMO.

but whoever is against paid mods, I understand and even they make mods for free, hats off to that. We really apreaciate it for sure and most of the times the quality is not affected by that because they are made by passion. I even did some tv cameras for the replays, it's an easy job but it's the passion that fuels me make that, though I'm pretty basic.
I might make a track , release it for free ,
and make a payware version with tarmac :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

It was my Prelude (not Accord), and it didn't turn out as I've expected, in fact, it was a mess :roflmao: but, can't say I didn't try! just look where that got me now, so no regrets.
I remember that it was the detonator of a previous payware war on the official forums and after that they closed down the mod section.
One thing is for sure, those who purchased it always got the latest update according to the official AC versions released.

But Kunos are not riding anyone else's coat tails. Their product is stand-alone all their own work. A commercial mod for AC has no value without AC yet I bet no modder ever sent any payments to Kunos, without whose hard their mod would not have existed.

I blame Kunos. If the game wasn't moddable, we wouldnt be having this discussion. AC would also be dead. :D

Cant say im a fan of the concept of paid mods. I dont have a problem with people doing it but I get worried about it becoming the norm, ive seen that happen to several genres. I respect the teams a lot, some of them are very talented while others are the lowest of the low effectively becoming the stain on the name of paymods. But I have the common sense to know its optional so if I dont get it the world will not end.

Take RSS for example, they have currently only made open wheelers which is a catagory I currently dont have interest in, as a result im not gonna buy it (i got the hybrid since people made it seem like its jesus on wheels(it did drive on water soooooo)).

In the end people can do whatever they want, if I like it and the price isnt taking the mic then ill likely get it provided im still interested in this genre at the time.

I might make a track , release it for free ,
and make a payware version with tarmac :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
sy0roLR.jpg

psh, who needs the tarmac :roflmao:

That picture confused me for a few mins, I thought it was a view from the top and the normals were messed up! Looks lovely though, we need it in AC for sure :p
add it as a air balloon , and simply pretend its run out of fuel and doing a slow approach ,
my 747 look awesome :D

That as a spectator view during a race (baloon_cam) would be epic!!!

As for the Tomcat it's got 60+ DOFs with up to 5 conditional loops - no way. I could provide it as a parked Museum piece on one of the airfield tracks :D.

I think paid mods are great. I personally like to see a handful of youtube videos and reviews first but generally speaking people asking for money for any mods they are making are making mods at the quality of standard content of any one game if not of a higher quality.

The best example for AC at the moment is RSS. Now at 4 Euro a car (or a discount on buying all of them at once) you are certainly paying a bit more than you would for an AC DLC. However you're getting cars of equal or better quality than the content released by Kunos AND you're getting content that you'd not be getting from Kunos if you didn't have such a competitive modding scene.

I'll be honest with the 3rd party modders that come in to make all the official DLC these days for AC isn't all the DLC just paid mods? I think if the quality is high and the cars interesting and un-represented in the sim they are being made for why not? The RSS Formula 79 is awesome and well worth the 4 Euro, especially when you slam it around Nords for a couple of hours.

Paid mods are great for everyone. End of. If you don't personally like them then no one is forcing you to part with your money. If you do like them, wonderful, spend your money. There is never need for this discussion or people getting angry with paid mods. You DO NOT have to buy them therefore WHY would it ever be an issue. :/

I think paid mods are great. I personally like to see a handful of youtube videos and reviews first but generally speaking people asking for money for any mods they are making are making mods at the quality of standard content of any one game if not of a higher quality.

The best example for AC at the moment is RSS. Now at 4 Euro a car (or a discount on buying all of them at once) you are certainly paying a bit more than you would for an AC DLC. However you're getting cars of equal or better quality than the content released by Kunos AND you're getting content that you'd not be getting from Kunos if you didn't have such a competitive modding scene.

I'll be honest with the 3rd party modders that come in to make all the official DLC these days for AC isn't all the DLC just paid mods? I think if the quality is high and the cars interesting and un-represented in the sim they are being made for why not? The RSS Formula 79 is awesome and well worth the 4 Euro, especially when you slam it around Nords for a couple of hours.

Paid mods are great for everyone. End of. If you don't personally like them then no one is forcing you to part with your money. If you do like them, wonderful, spend your money. There is never need for this discussion or people getting angry with paid mods. You DO NOT have to buy them therefore WHY would it ever be an issue. :/

Couldn't agree more. And I insist on the fact that none of us who make paid mods complain about free mods at all. Gee, I wonder why that is? :rolleyes: :D

Couldn't agree more. And I insist on the fact that none of us who make paid mods complain about free mods at all. Gee, I wonder why that is? :rolleyes: :D
Free mods are awesome man ,
some of the best cars I have played in AC to date have been free mods from RD actually ,
dont know with any RSS cars never played with any :p

Free mods are awesome man ,
some of the best cars I have played in AC to date have been free mods from RD actually ,
dont know with any RSS cars never played with any :p

Hmm not where I was going. Wasn't talking about mods quality, but about people complaining and wanting to split the content in two.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back