Ottawa Motorsports Park

Tracks Ottawa Motorsports Park 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
You can easily have 50 of them and it works fine. On Assen, all tyres on corner apex, cones and pitlane signs are physical, and I've never experienced any issues. You just need to have a simple collision object with a complex visual object attached (which you can assign LODs to, as well).
1600414408452.png

In this case, the physical object has the same level of detail as the LOD1, so I could use the LOD1 as physical, but meh. (note: usually these 9 models align nicely into a stack of 3 tyres. For demonstration purposes they are "unraveled")
In ksEditor just batch filter them on name, make the POBJECT not renderable, make the LODs have LOD distance, and done. It's really no hassle at all :)

I haven't tried Ottowa yet, but it looks great from pictures! I like your approach to this as if being a real circuit. Well done :)

Last edited:
I did a review but also wanted to say one thing that was a surprise to me. The Drift/Kart track you now provide
is a great addition. I am always looking for more Karting type tracks for Assetto Corsa. Want to thank you for this
additional track map along with the normal track maps for the big cars.

Thrashy updated Ottawa Motorsports Park with a new update entry:

1.0 - Final release! CPU optimizations, replay cameras, and CONES!

Ottawa Motorsports Park is finally complete! Thanks to everybody who's tested it out and provided feedback -- your help has been invaluable. I started this project on a lark -- what would I do if I won the lottery? Build a race track, of course! -- and it quickly turned into a huge labor of love that has reignited my love of simracing and game modding. I'm glad to see that so many people are enjoying my little hobby project!

So, you ask, what does 1.0 bring to OMP? Truthfully...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Has the lighting been adjusted? I don't remember OMP being so dark and high contrast, even at midday, bright sun in the middle of June. When RainFX is active it gets extremely dark.

Last edited:
Has the lighting been adjusted? I don't remember OMP being so dark and high contrast, even at midday, bright sun in the middle of June. When RainFX is active it gets extremely dark.

Other than the vertex AO bake (which is not especially dramatic in effect), no -- the night lighting changed a bit, but I haven't done anything dramatic to textures or material settings that might change how it looks in daylight in few versions.

I did fix some fresnel/specular banding on the asphalt material that required me to rebalance the other settings on it, which could have thrown off its base albedo. That would have been in the last version. The asphalt has always been dark compared to most tracks, though -- it's supposed to be a fresh surface.

Last edited:
Other than the vertex AO bake (which is not especially dramatic in effect), no -- the night lighting changed a bit, but I haven't done anything dramatic to textures or material settings that might change how it looks in daylight in few versions.

I did fix some fresnel/specular banding on the asphalt material that required me to rebalance the other settings on it, which could have thrown off its base albedo. That would have been in the last version. The asphalt has always been dark compared to most tracks, though -- it's supposed to be a fresh surface.
Apologies mate, seems there was a conflict between the time of year set in CM and Sol config. I normally race in June but for some reason - not knowingly done by me, I swear - the date got changed to February, which makes everything a LOT darker.
I said I was sure OMP looked normal before, and that explains it. It's so hard knowing if visuals remain constant with new CSP and Sol updates, and if they don't, what's causing it. Glad to get to the bottom of this one. Apologies again if it's wasted your time.

Last edited:
This track has never worked for me and I can't figure out why. It will load up, but the screen keeps turning black when braking or moving around the track.

Apologies mate, seems there was a conflict between the time of year set in CM and Sol config. I normally race in June but for some reason - not knowingly done by me, I swear - the date got changed to February, which makes everything a LOT darker.
I said I was sure OMP looked normal before, and that explains it. It's so hard knowing if visuals remain constant with new CSP and Sol updates, and if they don't, what's causing it. Glad to get to the bottom of this one. Apologies again if it's wasted your time.
No worries! That said, I did spend a bit of time with the latest RainFX preview build of CSP and I think I may have overdone the rain-darkening effect just a bit. There's probably room for a 1.01 release with a bit of tweaking, but I'm not going to stress it right this instant. :)

Hi! Just encountered a small bug on the drift layout. I believe there aren't any intermediate splits on the track, which means at the start of the race, it counts 1 lap as soon as you cross the line, meaning you get 2-6 second laps. Please take a look at it when you can :thumbsup:

Hi! Just encountered a small bug on the drift layout. I believe there aren't any intermediate splits on the track, which means at the start of the race, it counts 1 lap as soon as you cross the line, meaning you get 2-6 second laps. Please take a look at it when you can :thumbsup:
I've tracked down and corrected this issue, and plan to put out a 1.01 release rolling up this and a few other small refinements sometime in the next week or two. Thanks for catching it!

Last edited:
Thrashy updated Ottawa Motorsports Park with a new update entry:

1.01 - Bugfix and Quality of Life Updates

This update fixes the phantom lap issue on the Drift layout and squeezes a couple more pit stalls into the layout, making it a more useful course for all your Formula Student, microcar, and forklift-based shenanigans. Additionally, it includes some modest QoL improvements based on feedback that has come in after the initial release, such as addiing an independent physical road mesh to the south paddock area, adding more cones/barriers to clearly define track layouts, and some very minor...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Seems like a great update, and I've been enjoying it thus far. Though on CM it says it's in the USA, when Ottawa is in Canada? Just a minor thing lol
Quoting OP here: Ottawa Motorsports Park is a fictional fantasy road course, built on a real-world site in the hills above the Marais Des Cygnes river, near Ottawa Kansas (a small town about an hour from Kansas City)

Last edited:
The confusion is entirely understandable. Ottawa (KS) is hardly the worst offender; the American Midwest is full of small towns named with delusions of grandeur. I grew up about an hour's drive from Paris, Versailles, Mexico, Cairo, Glasgow, Florida, California, and at least two Florences!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea