About the Track
Ottawa Motorsports Park is a fictional fantasy road course, built on a real-world site in the hills above the Marais Des Cygnes river, near Ottawa Kansas (a small town about an hour from Kansas City). It's intended to be fast, fun to drive, and modestly technical. The track is laid out with an FIA Grade II certification in mind, with a wide main road and track verge zone, generous runoffs and gravel traps, and multiple configurations with range of speeds and complexities. Across the entire course, there is more than 140 feet of elevation change.
The terrain this track has been built on was derived from aerial LiDAR data (though as a fantasy track, obviously the circuit itself is not). Terrain textures are similarly based on aerial photography for realism. High-definition textures are used throughout, with high-impact areas benefitting from 8k texture maps. Additionally, OMP has been built to take advantage of the extended functionality that mods like Sol and the Custom Shaders Patch provide on top of the base Assetto Corsa experience.
Other features include:
- 6 track configurations
- 32-car grids and pit slots (North and South layouts; the Drift layout only offers
1214 slots due to size)
- Working and reasonably competitive AI lines for all layouts
- Replay cameras
- Functional 3D semaphore lights at the start/finish line
- Dynamic racing groove
- Custom track maps for all layouts
- CSP support, including:
- GrassFX configuration
- Track lighting for night races
- Approximated bounce lighting support
- Vertex AO patches
- Animated track objects (It's Kansas, of course we gotta have wind turbines!)
- RainFX support (requires Sol and a supported CSP build)
Low-poly RV models in the infield are by @Rigel from the Assettocorsamods.net forum.
Thanks to @LilSki, @Johnr777, @Mascot and others who've helped me troubleshoot issues and bumble my way through various CSP-related issues.