Old Australian Circuits Group (OACG)

Old Australian Circuits Group (OACG)

This thread is to propose a collaborative effort to produce some more old Australian circuits. The idea is anyone interested, be they Australian or otherwise, can get onboard and help with creating an old Australian circuit. By now most of us are well aware that it takes quite a while to produce a good rendition of a circuit, so by pooling talents and dividing workloads we might be able to produce higher quality circuits and more quickly.

Tasks could be divided into circuit layout, terrain, textures, trackside objects, gathering reference material, etc.

Some people have experience with the major programs like photoshop and 3D studio Max, others are quite new track making and are just getting into BTB but are full of new ideas and enthusiasm. Some participants might live much closer to the old circuits or roads and be able to provide material and real-world experience.

Obviously this has a chance of turning out badly with people getting in a huff and withdrawing their work from projects, but hopefully a common interest in the circuits could keep people together and working happily. Users can be as involved as they wish, or merely model a building or two if they choose. There should be no obligation to continue with a project if you lose the inclination, but it would be nice if you could allow others to continue your work.

and here is a link for some inspiration : http://tasman-series.com/misc/lostcircuits/lostcircuits.asp

http://rfactorcentral.com/list.cfm?cat=Tracks&region=Oceania has a list of currently available rFactor circuits from the Oceania region though most are more modern versions.

So, if anyone is interested (you don't need to be Australian), post a reply and perhaps name an Australian circuit that you would like to see in rFactor/Simbin titles.

I'll start the bidding with Lobethal 1937-48 :smile: It would be a lot of work and that's why I wouldn't want to do it on my own. And I don't live anywhere near Lobethal.
more info: http://tasman-series.com/misc/lostcircuits/lobethal/lobethal.asp

Cheers,
woochoo

looks good already, as usual, textures right up there.

just thought id drop in and say ho, and with the impending inclement euro weather (snowing already, yay) ill be back into paramatta park again soon...

howd that tree x-pack go btw?? any chance of a copy? ed@v-eight.com :cool:

cheers
ed

the tree xpack, good news and bad news.
I've packed up the Longford trees into one pack so i can start tidy for Lobethal. The bad news is, i've already made three or four new trees in the last week. I could post the pack with Longford trees, but i want to do a little fine tuning for it too. So, if you just want the trees from Longford, it's nearly ready.
There should be a house xpack available soon too.
The power poles aren't ready, i'll be updating them for Lobethal, including a good number of Stobie poles i'm sure. If anyone wants to rip the powerpoles out of Longford with 3Dsimed that's ok with me, so long as i get a credit of course.

Finally got computer 'upgrade' fixed & can now run BTB with no problems.....
With the much appreciated help of legendsatlunch, we eventually worked out that the problems Ive been having getting Bungonia to Export was the height data itself, so Ive got to go & do that all over again.....
In the mean time, what started out as a short experiment to see that it was only Bungonia's heights that were,....er, bung, I ran a couple of other routes through BTB....all the others work.
One of them was of the longer flowing road nature that is a bit of a hoot (I thought) to drive, & so Ive been fiddling with it......
So let me introduce Peel from Bathurst circa either 1927 or'32 (no ones really sure of a date)
Appart from the route it wont be accurate & will look/be a bit more of a hybrid track for now.
Im only going to add some trackside furniture & trees so as to aid the eye through long approaching corners & to try & at least partially hide the rather slack terrain (its only a ribbon with the road slightly sunken.
Also it'll be a bit of an experience builder....hopefully after Bungonia I'll redo Peel to something closer to how it was & how it is- ie; two versions, one 1920's gravel & the other as it stands today, all but fully sealed).
By the way, it's 33.9 km to a lap.
Ive trimmed it down a little to avoid bringing the track all the way south to the Great Western Highway so as to avoid building all the suburbia that the track would otherwise run through.
If anyone is interested I also have working height data for the Vale circuit at Bathurst & Hartely Vale at Lithgow plus some motorcycling related reference material, so drop us a line if your looking for a new project & I'll send them on as I reckon these other two suckers are going to keep me busy for a while to come.
Have a good one all,
BLeeK

Attachments

• Vale.JPG
    Vale.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 222
  • Hartely Vale.JPG
    Hartely Vale.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 250
  • Peel-Sofala Rd in GT40.JPG
    Peel-Sofala Rd in GT40.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 245
  • Peal-Peal Alternate-Sunny Corner.JPG
    Peal-Peal Alternate-Sunny Corner.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 249
  • Peel-Bypass road turn off.JPG
    Peel-Bypass road turn off.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 252
  • Peel_BTB.JPG
    Peel_BTB.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 264
If there were a competition for most kilometers made with BTB, BLeeK would have to be in with a shot, with only a couple of tracks! I look forward giving them a razz.
There should be an xpack of selected Longford houses appearing soon as well, with thanks to Jonathan Johansson

Thanks woochoo, Kris, Ed & all you other awesome folks out there that I cant remember right now that have been a huge help & a great inspiration to me.
This Noob wouldnt be doing any of this if it wasnt for you guys, but most especially to legendsatlunch for being there to help with all those stoopid little 2am type questions that are so simple but make ALL the difference.
Give me another day or two & I should have a half decent beta up for you all to try.
By the way, the other route (the largest one) in that photo there is Sunny Corner dating from either 1921 or'27 (no-one is sure), it ran anti-clockwise & measured in at a whopping 62.4miles or 100.4km.....the route is here if anyone wants a crack at it (I think Im gunna be busy for a while, even with out it!)
For anyone else interested check out this following web address, it's got NEARLY every track ever run........in the world. (Soz, bit of Clarkson there ;-D )

http://theracingline.net/racingcircuits/racingcircuits/index.htm

Im really looking forward to your Longford Xpack woochoo, we're all grateful to you & Jonathan for it....will it be just Houses or will some of those wicked Tele' poles & other roadside furniture be in it?
All the best,
BLeeK

I thought I could last a bit longer before my BTB needed a licence & now it's a Public holiday
(I gotta go to the bank first)
I wasnt far off Exporting 0.2d last night for beta testing so in the meantime here's a couple of pic's & I may even slip out this version to a few for testing.....
Your call.......
Happy Ozday to all!
BLeeK

Attachments

• Peelv0.2c- 200mph_Prepare for take off.JPG
    Peelv0.2c- 200mph_Prepare for take off.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 217
  • Peelv0.2c-Lime Kilns rd_Full onStrait on.JPG
    Peelv0.2c-Lime Kilns rd_Full onStrait on.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 236
Thanks Kris,
but those luvely sunsets are purely 6e66o's handywork.
He deserves the credit for making what was a big empty background into a
beautiful center piece.....
Thanks 6e66o!
Quick, here's another gratuitous sunset shot.:wink:

Attachments

• Peelv0.2c-Lime Kilns rd_Another Gratuitous Sunset Shot.JPG
    Peelv0.2c-Lime Kilns rd_Another Gratuitous Sunset Shot.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 229
Hi everybody, i have some Xpack news. Hompe has packed up a selection of houses from Longford, built by both myself and Gustaf from the original GPL Longford project. It's now available -> http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bobs-track-builder-37/longford-67-houses-4228/ At least one of the houses have additional colour schemes that don't appear in Longford, and the textures should be quite easy to repaint should you wish to.
Secondly, my Utility Pole xpack is just about ready to go. But it won't be including any power/phone lines, because at this stage i'm not sure i'm using the best method of creating them. Anyway, it will include around 50 types of pole and a couple of extra bits that you can attach for customisation

Ok, sorry guys, new version, 1.01 is available
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bobs-track-builder-37/utility-poles-longford-67-1-01-4248/
To anyone who had downloaded the old version, it shouldn't cause you any trouble, it will just be missing pole #26, which will instead load #20. v1.01 has fixed that. There are a few poles quite similar to 26 so you could probably get by with the old version if you've already planted hundreds of poles and can't be stuffed doing it again (as i'm doing for Longford currently, for the 3rd or 4th time...)
Enjoy!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back