Tracks Okayama [W.I.P] scratch made

And a preview of the short 2km version of Okayama track (called Piper, because of the turn name, where the track turns back). Track cams are done for it (same as for the gp layout).

Looks quite advanced, and already with a lot of details. I've noticed that you physical mesh might be a bit too low, as ambient shadows seems to be invisible. IDK how much above surfaces ambient shadows are rendered, but I suppose something like 1-2cm above the surface.

Looks quite advanced, and already with a lot of details. I've noticed that you physical mesh might be a bit too low, as ambient shadows seems to be invisible. IDK how much above surfaces ambient shadows are rendered, but I suppose something like 1-2cm above the surface.
Shadows are ok, double checked. If you have any proof (like an image) where the shadows are not ok, let me show.

Sure :)
3olBJG0.jpg

OK, now seriously:
5Ya0bnc.jpg

It should be dark underneath the car, like there:
screenshot_ks_mercedes_amg_gt3_spa_5-7-116-19-13-2-jpg.142658

And this is not a shadow?
ok16_18.jpg

ok16_18b.jpg

Works fine, as said, maybe you didn`t see well, or the video converter makes up the colors so badly, that is not well recognizable (its reduced 10GB to 100MB, it should be seen these some where, right ;) ).

Just for the info physical mesh is exactly at the same level by Z axle as visible mesh, only some ups and downs because of the bumps or holes are here and there.

Last edited:
The static car shadows are definitely missing in the video, nothing to do with the dynamic shadows or colours.

Maybe check if body_shadow.png and tyre_[0-3]_shadow.png exist in the folder of that Merc.

It is likely an issue with the groove. If you drive off the groove the static shadow may return. In some cases when an object is set to transparent = true you lose the static shadow.

It is likely an issue with the groove. If you drive off the groove the static shadow may return. In some cases when an object is set to transparent = true you lose the static shadow.
Exactly what it is. So is there anything I can do? Groove (as far as tested), must be set with transparent on true, else there are graphical glitches between grooves (racing line and skidmarks).

But I don`t really get it? Are there 2 types of shadows? Isn`t there only one shadow in reality, just depending on the opposite side of the sun? It could be, that under the object (if low to the ground) can be darker, but that you can see this in AC? the example that you showed, is the sun facing almost perpendicular to the ground, so no side shadow... I suppose.

Distribute your transparent objects between separate .kn5 files
Yes? Will it help? If so, I can try, no problem what so ever :)
But will have to wait for a bit, now I am dealing with walls (damn, its quite demanding job, to get around all the things). Before was much easier, with just defining all the objects that needs to be a wall, as a wall, LOL. But now more like an AC style.

Yeah I believe it has something to do with when you have an object in a kn5 that has multiple materials (aka sub objects) and it breaks the static shadow on transparent objects. Putting the transparent objects in a separate kn5 fixes that. Just make sure all objects only have one material in that kn5. This is still just a theory but it seemed to be the reason when I did Riverside.

Put grooves into a new nk5, but the problem is, if there is anything bellow it (white lines), it will not appear (and color are flickering). So it has to have the option transparent to true! I just dont know how to fix it.

Put grooves into a new nk5, but the problem is, if there is anything bellow it (white lines), it will not appear (and color are flickering). So it has to have the option transparent to true! I just dont know how to fix it.
You should be able to have it set to transparent = true as long as it is in the other kn5. If not there is another way to fix it but I'm not home at the moment and I don't remember exactly how to do it.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.