(Oh So) Real Onboard Cams by shnala

Misc (Oh So) Real Onboard Cams by shnala 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Awesome mod!

But there's a slight issue: on the normal T-Cam Offset, the reverse view does not work! Can you please fix this? Thanks!

You're first with this issue, I think.
Rear view work on every cam, are you sure you pushing the right button ? :geek:
Which team, which game mode do you play ?
Can you post the picture of that cam that, you say, doesn't have rear view, please ?
And, btw...:sneaky: your "vote" here doesn't count, you have to go on download page.
And give me all the five stars. :thumbsup:

Just kidding. :laugh:

Or not. :devilish:

:whistling::D

Pretty sure I have all the buttons correct. I set one button for Rear View (which was bugged) and one for Look Back - but in the end both didn't work as expected.

I found it only happened in Career. It is probably caused by driving going out on track (no flying lap), then returning to the garage (by driving into the pits) and then again going out on track. I did this with Toro Rosso in Austria.

Camera: LNG_CAMERA_HEAD_CAM_REVERSE. It does work on the camera T-Pod, though.

Another thing I found is that the custom camera doesn't work when I leave the pit garage. It only works on the first attempt, and after that it shows the "Far Chase" (when leaving the pit garage), whilst I have the LNG_etc camera appointed as my default camera.

Ok. I'll check it out.

And in the meantime.... :)
http://speedy.sh/Z6FBX/F12014-Merc-Red-v.1.3.1.rar (go for "Limited download", "Slow download")
Here's two cams, let's say v.1.3.1, work in progress, for Mercedes and Red Bull.

What is the difference instead of regular 1.3 ?
Well... have to say, and don't get angry...:geek: until now I modify T-cam by just looking at real life picture but now (BUT NOW, with capital letters!:)), and let me tell you it's really not world most interesting job (for some, that's it, for me - it's pretty much close to that:D) I edited cam, take a game screenshot, exit, edited that shot, through some filters, then lay that pic over real life pic and... (did you lost me till now?:D) and compare the differences.Then (just) repeat that for about 47 times. :inlove::thumbsup::laugh:
Of course, ther's so many trials and errors, but let me tell you... I really think, looking at two finished teams (Mercedes and Red Bull. Red Bull is maybe not entirelly finished, say 95%) that it worth it !!! Ferrari, hard to do it right, is close to finish (about 80% done) and Williams, even harder:D, is just started, some 50% done. And then I'll do the rest. Let me tell you... I need a day (don't have whole free day, ofc) for 3 or 4 teams. So, yes, this is really time consuming. But highly rewarding. For me at least.

So... without any further delay... here's two teams that I feel like I can publish.
Hope you'll like it. Naaah.... I know you will. ;) Link is on the top of the post.

edit:
I'll attach a couple of screens as soon I finis them.
Ok, here's the screens. Hope you'll understand them.
shnala_04c.jpg

shnala_05c.jpg

shnala_06c.jpg

shnala_12c.jpg

Done. :)
Have a nice weekend!

Last edited:
Thanks. :p

Just to say... be4 I go (not for ever, don't worry, just for a weekend:D) I just noticed that we're :confused:
ON THE UNBELIEVEABLE 4 (FOURTH) PLACE ON F1 2014 section, by "Top Resourses" category.
Here: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/f1-2014.38/?order=rating_weighted
Amazing. And it's only because you voted for it so much. And voted good. :)
Thank you guys for all the support. I'll try even harder not to dissapoint you in my further releases.
Stay tough.

gamer19 aka shnala

Pretty sure I have all the buttons correct. I set one button for Rear View (which was bugged) and one for Look Back - but in the end both didn't work as expected.

I found it only happened in Career. It is probably caused by driving going out on track (no flying lap), then returning to the garage (by driving into the pits) and then again going out on track. I did this with Toro Rosso in Austria.

Camera: LNG_CAMERA_HEAD_CAM_REVERSE. It does work on the camera T-Pod, though.

Another thing I found is that the custom camera doesn't work when I leave the pit garage. It only works on the first attempt, and after that it shows the "Far Chase" (when leaving the pit garage), whilst I have the LNG_etc camera appointed as my default camera.

This happens to me sometimes with any camera mod which uses altered code names for the cams in camera.xml, or when headcam has been changed to allow for any cam while pitting (haven't tested which is the cause). Really isn't a big deal, it happens rarely and when it does i save session and reboot game!

To gamer19... I know how hard it is to edit cams, keep up the AMAZING work!

Just to inform you that this all new true:)true to life version is coming... slowly. Reaaally slowly.
For many reasons - it's harder that I imagine, real real life kicks in, you guys doesn't seems interested (not even one :alien: feedback after testing this new true:)true to life versions for Merc and RedBull) and v.1.3 update is released not so long ago so... I don't think you like to donwload update after update...
Anyway... off I go... to watch some, condensed (didn't I've just told you I have a busy schedule:giggle:), NFL matches....

see ya:cautious:

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

Just to inform you that this all new true:)true to life version is coming... slowly. Reaaally slowly.
For many reasons - it's harder that I imagine, real real life kicks in, you guys doesn't seems interested (not even one :alien: feedback after testing this new true:)true to life versions for Merc and RedBull) and v.1.3 update is released not so long ago so... I don't think you like to donwload update after update...
Anyway... off I go... to watch some, condensed (didn't I've just told you I have a busy schedule:giggle:), NFL matches....

see ya:cautious:
Just saw on your new version previews that you used my 1996 Helmet Pack and chose Jean Alesi's helmet :D

Just saw on your new version previews that you used my 1996 Helmet Pack and chose Jean Alesi's helmet :D
Yes, you've noticed that well. :D
I love retro F1 (but only realistic F1 you know, like your is, not some kind of "what if"), I love your pack:thumbsup: and why Alesi...? Well, it look best on the top and I need that for screenshots.
But, just for the record... I'm (a huge) Jacques Villeneuve fan. :giggle: As you can see from my avatar of course. :)

Awesome mod!

But there's a slight issue: on the normal T-Cam Offset, the reverse view does not work! Can you please fix this? Thanks!
Sometimes when I drive in to the pits in practice and Q, look back doesn't work next time I get out. When I go back to the pits from the menu it works great. I don't know why, and I am not using this mod so it is not because of the mod

Sometimes when I drive in to the pits in practice and Q, look back doesn't work next time I get out. When I go back to the pits from the menu it works great.
I don't know why, and I am not using this mod so it is not because of the mod
Then, may I ask, why you're writing this here ?? :unsure:
But he is right, I can't look to either side or back on that camera with your mod
??
Which post are you talking about ? It would be nice if you use "quote" next time.

Regarding this mod... have to say... Like I already said, 5-6 post above, I started latest - true to life T-cams, but... you know... I get tired with F12014 a little (ok, not little) bit, there's so many (better?:sneaky:) games. Like Assetto Corsa say. So I'm not sure would I ever finish and publish this version. Too bad perhaps, cause it really look like real TV view. Maybe.. sometime... who knows...
See ya around.

I used quotes, I have replied to Levano's post about Look back and rear view doesn't work on a T-Cam, which was happening to me without this mod, but then I installed the mod I realized that he was right. On one of the T cams you can't look anywhere but straight with this mod. That's what I was saying

BTW, the cameras are great, and I like how any camera while pitting works with it, but the T-cams are a little high, so I can't see where I'm going from the Session end time and Flags. You know some way to disable those?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back