(Oh So) Real Onboard Cams by shnala

Misc (Oh So) Real Onboard Cams by shnala 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
gamer19 updated (Oh So) REAL onboard cams by shnala with a new update entry:

ALL (on board) cam are STATIC now! Also, four (4) completelly new cameras. And many more...

From readme file:
Well, if you liked 1.0 you'll absolutelly adore this one!
And that's the promisse. ;)
Things that work fine didn't touched too much BUT many other thing I did.
Also, many new features, like STATIC cameras for ALL onboard cameras [cockpit shouldn't be static, right?] and 4 (four) completelly NEW onboard cameras.
This is like 2.0 version but I thought to avoid any confusion... I'll stay with 1.1.
You still have cockpit all the other cam. I didn't delete any of those. Cockpit improved more.
Check all the three folder inside the file you have downloaded! ;)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Your Mod is very nice but the Time in the Qualifying (last 5 Minutes) and Fast Laps is precisely in the field of view.
Can you make this higher?

Your Mod is very nice but the Time in the Qualifying (last 5 Minutes) and Fast Laps is precisely in the field of view.
Can you make this higher?
That's completelly another file. I think it's in the FRONTEND but... I think I can change it. I mean I can make it transparent, so you won't be seeing ANYTHING. But to move it on another place on screen... that could be harder.
And I must tell you I won't change angles of the T-cams cause they MUST look that way. There won't be any compromisess.
I'm puzzled... why nobody changed this already. All the earlier F1 Codies games have these transparent changes. I guess it's just question of time.
You know... there's a couple files that change "no wrong way" sign and "no start light". They change the files you been asking for. Maybe you/we could ask them. And we can always wait for me. Only problem for me doing it now is that I'm not at home and I don't have those files with me now.

I have tested the 1.1. version pretty much. Everything working great, didnt find glitches. Only one thing I would like to ask you. Is there a way to edit this camera to make it look more playable? Maybe to raise it up a bit or something (I'm not really good at editing :D)? On my resolution (1280x720) I barely see whats happening on the right and left side, so if you could edit it a bit to make it more playable, cause it's a really awesome camera to play! :)

Attachments

• mclaren_01.jpg
    mclaren_01.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,106
I use one of these awesome new cams only now so thank you very much for this mod.

I am wondering about something though. I use the tv-pod cam that's toward the back (I forgot what it's called), and with both that cam and the normal tv-pod cam, the "Qualifying" timer in the last 5 minutes of qualifying is in a position where I can barely see the road. Is there a way to fix that?

I use one of these awesome new cams only now so thank you very much for this mod.

I am wondering about something though. I use the tv-pod cam that's toward the back (I forgot what it's called), and with both that cam and the normal tv-pod cam, the "Qualifying" timer in the last 5 minutes of qualifying is in a position where I can barely see the road. Is there a way to fix that?
Well, wellcome to the club. If you scroll up you'll see a couple of guys asking for the very same thing. I'm just about releasing new mod but it solve start light, wrong way and intro videos. Where are the files for those (so annoying) timing infos ...I'm not sure still. But I hope someone will know, and tell me. Maybe someone who modify this from earlier games.

Last edited:
I have tested the 1.1. version pretty much. Everything working great, didnt find glitches. Only one thing I would like to ask you. Is there a way to edit this camera to make it look more playable? Maybe to raise it up a bit or something (I'm not really good at editing :D)? On my resolution (1280x720) I barely see whats happening on the right and left side, so if you could edit it a bit to make it more playable, cause it's a really awesome camera to play! :)
So you talking only about THIS cam, right?
mclaren_01-jpg.69465

Glad you like it, it's my idea. It should present someting like T-cam just zoomed in.
So you want to see ...what? mirrors? I can tell you what to change if you want. Move camera to back (and/or up) or increase the FOV (field of view). The both solution will solve your problem but it just won't be the same camera. :-/ So that's why I wouldn't make it official. But for you personal use... it should be ok.

Well, wellcome to the club. If you scroll up aou'll a couple guys asking for the very same thing. I'm just about releasing new mod but it solve start light, wrong way and intro videos. Where are the files for those (so annoying) timing infos ...I'm not sure still. But I hope someone will know, and tell me. Maybe someone who modify this from earlier games.

My mistake. I didn't read the discussion. I'm sorry about that. Thank you for replying.

So you talking only about THIS cam, right?
mclaren_01-jpg.69465

Glad you like it, it's my idea. It should present someting like T-cam just zoomed in.
So you want to see ...what? mirrors? I can tell you what to change if you want. Move camera to back (and/or up) or increase the FOV (field of view). The both solution will solve your problem but it just won't be the same camera. :-/ So that's why I wouldn't make it official. But for you personal use... it should be ok.

I'm bad at editing, but you can send me instructions on how to increase the FOV?

I don't have files with me now but I will soon. But I'll try from my memory....
Open "cameras" file from some team (but please make a backup first) and scroll down to.... somehow like.... "shnala_TV_zoomedTcam" and within that camera look for something like "field of view" or "FOV" it must be something like it, somewhere at the beggining, in about 10th row. Change it to something, I guess you want wider angle so it's, if I can recall, 44 now. Try increasing it for ...5 say. To 49. If that's not enough, then try 54. If you find one gives you too small angle and another too big, go for some number in between those two.
Good luck. I know you can do it. ;)

We just turn 1.000 (one thousand) !!! :thumbsup:
And all that in less then a week! :geek:
Thank you so much guys. It gives me a boost to keep improve them some more.
If there's not some personal issues I would release 1.2 untill now. But.. I will. Soon.

Author:
gamer19

Total Downloads:

First Release:
Oct 23, 2014
Last Update:
Monday at 21:24
Category:
F1 2014 Misc

All-Time Rating:
20 votes

We just turn 1.000 (one thousand) !!! :thumbsup:
And all that in less then a week! :geek:
Thank you so much guys. It gives me a boost to keep improve them some more.
If there's not some personal issues I would release 1.2 untill now. But.. I will. Soon.

Author:
gamer19

Total Downloads:

First Release:
Oct 23, 2014
Last Update:
Monday at 21:24
Category:
F1 2014 Misc

All-Time Rating:
20 votes
For version 1.2 you could bring back the centered t-cam, would be really nice.

Love this mod! It works with my 2015 mod too!
;)
For version 1.2 you could bring back the centered t-cam, would be really nice.
Sorry pal but centered T-cam (ex bonnet cam) doesn't seems realistic to me.
We can't see that on real cars are we ? Exept for some exhibitions runs. If you want it, I know you can make them for yourself (or go public) but I won't make them official under my name.

For who like or use centered T-cam is an option to be added in next update but not to be replaced. I use and i like very much actual 1.1 T-cam.
Don't worry mate, like I said, centered cam is unrealistic.
To me it's unrealistic as dynamic T-cam, say. :)

But... for the next update there WILL be some changes:

- T-cam slightly changed for all teams (to be even more accurate);
- Ex bonnet cam (look like regulat T-cam now with bigger FOV) changed for all teams;
- Two first cameras mounted on side of the car some changes in position and FOV (second);
- Looking back T-cam (this will change, imho, quite much - to be as real as it gets);

- And I thought to make chase cams STATIC to prevent them to move away from the car when you accelarate. It seems logical to me.

ALSO, I thought to release two versions (in one file) one for the people that wants to have all the cameras available annd the other for the peoples who think that switching between 10 cameras takes too much of the time (also not really easy while you're speeding on Monaco streets;)).

(3) Cameras I want to delete (only in this version) are:

- One chase cam (most probably chase cam FAR);
- Bumper cam (you don't see any part of the car with it so I think you won't be missing this one too much);
- The last one (third) camera mounted on the side of the car. It's mounted too low and too far back, I doubt anyone use this one for driving (and if you are - there's still standard version with ALL 10 cams).

So, as you can see (and count) this version will have 7 cameras to choose for.

Hope you understand cause some people said to me they a little bit lost with all this cameras to choose for (although I know some mods for earlier F1 series with about 20 cameras!?:alien:) and, like I said, you can always chose which version you'll install.

Well.... 'till next time.... cha cha. :geek:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%