Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Not so quiet on the track. My best lap has me on top I think...for once! :coffee:
1:25.986
Doesn't seem to have generated the same interest as Willow Spring for some reason.. Nice job on the time Robert, good to see you up there. I've only run half a dozen laps here this week so am a mile of the pace and doubt I'll be in any shape to get in anything close to a decent race but will enjoy the drive around this track and hopefully find sine kind of form before the end.

Reactions: Rob
Thanks for the race tonight guys, totally didn't expect to be competitive tonight having had so few laps here and over three seconds off everyone's autolog pace. The Ford was a very nice car to drive although the gearing would definitely need some adjusting.. I only went into 6th great one or twice all race. The final corner was the one that I struggled with and took it much sloweer than others who seemed to almost drift around it using a lot of outside kerb while I broke very early and even went down into first gear. Probably cost me some time but I just wanted to keep it in the track and not overdo it.

Had a nice early fight with Robert and then got past Michael when he lost it at the corkscrew (what a fantastic corner!!) and gradually pulled away while keeping the gap to Railer to around 6 or 7 seconds. Once he started to pull away I reigned it in a bit and just managed the gap to the guys behind, trying to keep it around 8 seconds. Delighted to get into the 1:25's and very happy to consistently hit the 26's which was enough to keep the gap steady. Opened it up a bit at one point but then had a couple of iffy laps so calmed it down afterwards and just made sure to hit my marks and keep the car on the grey stuff.

Great consistent pace from Railer and it seems that Robert and Michael had a stellar battle for most of the race.

Love this track and more than happy to come home with another second place to follow on from Willow Springs :thumbsup:

Video up tomorrow...

Thanks for the race tonight guys, totally didn't expect to be competitive tonight having had so few laps here and over three seconds off everyone's autolog pace. The Ford was a very nice car to drive although the gearing would definitely need some adjusting.. I only went into 6th great one or twice all race. The final corner was the one that I struggled with and took it much sloweer than others who seemed to almost drift around it using a lot of outside kerb while I broke very early and even went down into first gear. Probably cost me some time but I just wanted to keep it in the track and not overdo it.

Had a nice early fight with Robert and then got past Michael when he lost it at the corkscrew (what a fantastic corner!!) and gradually pulled away while keeping the gap to Railer to around 6 or 7 seconds. Once he started to pull away I reigned it in a bit and just managed the gap to the guys behind, trying to keep it around 8 seconds. Delighted to get into the 1:25's and very happy to consistently hit the 26's which was enough to keep the gap steady. Opened it up a bit at one point but then had a couple of iffy laps so calmed it down afterwards and just made sure to hit my marks and keep the car on the grey stuff.

Great consistent pace from Railer and it seems that Robert and Michael had a stellar battle for most of the race.

Love this track and more than happy to come home with another second place to follow on from Willow Springs :thumbsup:

Video up tomorrow...

Railer drove a stellar race, as expected, but he had a Porsche, practice, and a tune. You didn't have anything but a rental. To say that you drove one of the most phenomenal races I have ever seen you drive is an understatement. Incredible driving Peter. This track requires precision and patience at the same time, and you had both...plus you had a strategy, all on a dime. If I could, I'd give you the win. lol. (j/k).

Railer is going to be strong in that Porsche. He seems to get an extra second or two out of it and still keep it nailed to the track, so the GT3 races will be interesting. What's also interesting is that the slower the cars get, the better the racing becomes. Hmmm. I really thought I'd be able to keep up with you, but when Michael passed me I thought I was being lapped, so I sort of didn't push, but when I realized I was in third at the time (duh!) I really pushed. This may be the first long-ish race where I didn't have a single off. So I'm proud of that. May have been my best race ever, to date. It just seemed to come together, but I have to admit, without Michael's offs he would have gotten me. All in all, everyone seemed to have a great race, even considering Michael's blistering lap times. That's something to be proud of. Can't believe this was such an intense and enjoyable race with just us four. Goes to show, I guess....

Results and Standings After Laguna Seca

Sprint Race:
1. Railer - 25 (1:25.386)
2. Michael - 18 (1:26.933)
3. Peter - 15 (1:27.666)
4. Robert - 12 (1:28.722)

Feature Race:
1. Railer - 25
2. Peter - 18
3. Robert - 15
4. Michael - 12

Points To Date:
1. Railer - 75
2. Peter - 66
3. Michael - 65
4. Robert - 51
5. Karl - 43

Enjoyed browsing the end of this thread. I was never PC Sim guy but I get the connotations. I played Race 07 mostly online. Victory:AoR, GTL, GTR in Steam Library. But moved from 2011 all in one HP and working towards gaming PC. Now on Dual Core with 1Gig of Ram and low end ATI. So sims are retro (GPL & GTR)
But most racing on Xbox 360: NFS Shift:1&2 included. Was looking for community for Slightly Mad's early works.

Well, would love to have you in the little revamp section that sort of preps us for pCARS and may go further if the interest is still there (you know those pCARS leagues are going to be all serious). We alternate this and Autosport. Wish both had pits, but the manage to do, on the console, what Forza never did, IMO, despite it's huge sales numbers...which is convey the essence of racing. Sure you have to tinker with settings a bit, but better that than endless league rules and parts upgrades...not to mention tuning that is vague at best.

Well, would love to have you in the little revamp section that sort of preps us for pCARS and may go further if the interest is still there (you know those pCARS leagues are going to be all serious). We alternate this and Autosport. Wish both had pits, but the manage to do, on the console, what Forza never did, IMO, despite it's huge sales numbers...which is convey the essence of racing. Sure you have to tinker with settings a bit, but better that than endless league rules and parts upgrades...not to mention tuning that is vague at best.
Word up Robert. I run Autosport most online now. FM4 reserved for club gatherings. I have $20 on PCARS reserved. Race Pro waiting patiently for any sign of life. :)
For what it's worth, my Gamertag is: roist510
I'm on Pacific Time and and down for whatever racing.
Thanks!

Word up Robert. I run Autosport most online now. FM4 reserved for club gatherings. I have $20 on PCARS reserved. Race Pro waiting patiently for any sign of life. :)
Thanks!

Well, hell, you will fit right in. Send me a friend request (OctoberDusk06) on the 360 and visit the Autosport section (under GRID) where there is a "league" area...our is the only one...and then you can sign up for the series, or just various races. If you want to be invited today (we are running Nakeel @ Dubai) then just send me a message on the 360.
Thanks!

Bence, you will need to get licensed here to run a race, I believe. I'll double check, but this may not apply to club races. Better to go do it anyway, it's real simple: http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/become-a-licensed-member-here.4/

We are at London on Shift2 this coming weekend. 5pm GMT on Saturday.

NOTE: IGNORE THE HEADER. I CANNOT CHANGE IT. THIS RACE WILL TAKE PLACE AS IT APPEARS ON THIS POST HERE:

Shift2 International GT Series

March 7, 2015 @ 9:30pm GMT; 4:30pm EST U.S.
Streets of London Whitehall Drive
_____________________________________​
Current Results and Standings can be Found here
For previous results, you will have to scroll back through the Shift2 general thread. For, future results and standings, they will follow the particular race thread, even if it is merged with the general Shift2 section.

The game is very inexpensive, around six quid. To participate you should download the DLC that unlocks ALL of the cars (not cars and tracks, but that's cheap too). It's very inexpensive, about six quid also, and worth every penny. This can be avoided by buying the cars with game cash.

XBOX 360 SERIES
Race Director: Robert Waddell
Race Steward: Railer Cantrell

Your host will be OctoberDusk06 and this race is open to all who wish to participate, whether a full time driver or not.
Base Setups are tunes for each car available here: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/renown-tuning-unleashed-™.196236/
Tuning Explanations are available here: http://www.racelinecentral.com/RacingSetupGuide.html

1. The first race will be in time attack mode with the Hardest A.I. filling out the field. The time will be set to "long" which is about 8 minutes on most tracks. Standing start and no restarts. The A.I. will not be included in the standings, but they are "part of the track" so to speak, so contact with them is never faulted. The finishing order of this race is the lineup (in order of finish), for the next race. Full points for this race.

2. The second race will be a standing start with a parade lap so that wheels can be fixed and we can get in the proper order from the first race. Single file start with no A.I. The number of laps will be as close to 45mins. as possible, according to the fastest A.I. ties. Points will be as explained below with no points in either race for pole or fastest lap.

The scoring system is as follows:

Points System

Points: 1-25; 2-18; 3-15; 4-12; 5-10; 6-8; 7-6; 8-4; 9-2; 10-1
(Each Race scores points)

ALL RACES WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THIS SECTION, WHICH WILL SERVE AS A CATCH ALL FOR THIS SERIES.

Notice To: @Peter Hooper, @Railer Cantrell, @Matthew Booth, @Karl Fuss, @Wessel Slagter, @Chris Hempsall, @Michael Watts, @Vence Alfred

NOTE:
- The game will not allow pit stops
- Damage will be “full”
- Collisions will be “on”
- Tuning will be allowed.
- No assists; helmet or cockpit view only.

NOTE We ask that you record your own race (it's an option at the end of the race and goes away if you are not careful. Since races will be recorded, all contact, whether intentional, unintentional or protested, *will be* reviewed (if possible) by the director and Chief Steward for any driving infractions and unsportsmanlike conduct.If the Director or Chief Steward is involved, it will be reviewed by a randomly chosen third party, along with another non-involved party. The least severe punishment decided will be issued (or none at all) and appeal may be made.

Please review the League Introduction Page for a complete list of Rules and Sporting Regulations for these races. This can be found here.

Eligible GT3 Cars For This Race:
BMW Alpina B6 GT3
Aston Martin Racing DBRS9 GT3
Chevrolet Corvette Z06R GT3
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 GT3
Matech Ford GT GT3

Porsche 911 (997) GT3 Cup R

Please sign up by noting your name and gamertag below. Help us pass the time until the glut of new games arrives on the next gen systems and get a very small peek at pCARS at the same time, from the same studios.

Driver Sign Up:
1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06
2. Vence Alfred / roist510

Last edited:
Thanks a ton Robert. I have my kid next weekend. But I will definitely try to be there @9PST. Will give this some practice tonight. Perfect excuse to spin my NFS:Shift 2!

Do you mind posting some times so I can benchmark. :)
Vence Alfred: roist510

Last edited:
Well, hell, you will fit right in. Send me a friend request (OctoberDusk06) on the 360 and visit the Autosport section (under GRID) where there is a "league" area...our is the only one...and then you can sign up for the series, or just various races. If you want to be invited today (we are running Nakeel @ Dubai) then just send me a message on the 360.

Bence, you will need to get licensed here to run a race, I believe. I'll double check, but this may not apply to club races. Better to go do it anyway, it's real simple: http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/become-a-licensed-member-here.4/

We are at London on Shift2 this coming weekend. 5pm GMT on Saturday.

I believe I received a Race Department license back when I was running Race 07 heavy; about 2 years ago. Not sure. Is there a way for me to check? I peeped my profile and didn't see any indication.
BTW, via the Lotus Elise, I was able to raise enough feddies for the Abina. Being a huge Beamer fan, went against my better judgement and chose it over the DBR 9 which was 70 racks cheaper and better statistically. A standby of mine on Forza 4 is the Vantage.
Thanks Robert.

I believe I received a Race Department license back when I was running Race 07 heavy; about 2 years ago. Not sure. Is there a way for me to check? I peeped my profile and didn't see any indication.
BTW, via the Lotus Elise, I was able to raise enough feddies for the Abina. Being a huge Beamer fan, went against my better judgement and chose it over the DBR 9 which was 70 racks cheaper and better statistically. A standby of mine on Forza 4 is the Vantage.
Thanks Robert.
You can pick up the all tracks and cars DLC so there's no need to buy all those cars individually Vence. I tihnk we've all gone that route as it so muhc simpler when time is limited but it depends whether you have the time to go through the loops required to earn the cash to buy things I guess.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%