Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

PC guys can be very condescending and arrogant. They brag about what video cards, connections speeds, they have and the latest greatest processors to run the newest games. I used to be a PC guy 12 years ago but I got tired of playing catch-up (with expensive upgrades) every time a new game came out pushing the limits of the CPU's performance. At least with a console you don't have to pay attention to system requirements before buying a game and hoping you don't have to reduce the frame rate and turn details off to make it run smooth. The only downside is you can't mod the games, but that makes for better online play because PC guys can "cheat" the coding.

Haha. I've always looked over the F1 forum. Nothing has changed. If anything this is a good thing as my main responsibility is to look over the console based forums. So XboxOne here we come! Also I will definitely be getting SHIFT now as well. I looked over the car and track selection and I cant believe I don't already have it!

Keep your grubby paws off of the Autosport section. :laugh:. Seriously, it's good to have one of "us" look over "us" or...well...whatever it is that the position entails. Oh hell, it's a free site and all voluntary. Carry on....lol.

PC guys can be very condescending and arrogant. They brag about what video cards, connections speeds, they have and the latest greatest processors to run the newest games. I used to be a PC guy 12 years ago but I got tired of playing catch-up (with expensive upgrades) every time a new game came out pushing the limits of the CPU's performance. At least with a console you don't have to pay attention to system requirements before buying a game and hoping you don't have to reduce the frame rate and turn details off to make it run smooth. The only downside is you can't mod the games, but that makes for better online play because PC guys can "cheat" the coding.

Can't say I've had that experience here Michael. I have found the PC guys over at the Project Cars section (for the most part) very nice and tolerant of my stupid questions. Of course, you do get the odd master race mentality, but there are just as many console users who don't get along as well, IMO. And I can't say that I can blame the PC users for not wanting to mix it up with your average 14 year old. I think we tend to forget how lucky we are here, as console users. And when I was considering going PC, they also were pretty helpful in giving me the pros and cons that you just described, but in much more detail.

Guys, I'm not sure what's going on here, but while we were diligently reviving an old games, someone thought it best that our threads (race one in particular) be "merged" into the meaningless and irrelevant 460 odd post that was created for the original "Shift2" that has been here since the game came out.

I'm not sure why there is a need to do this, since we have a completely separate thing going on, it bothers nobody, and there are hundreds of posts here, many irrelevant or dormant, and we HAVE been currently successful and it will continue in this "league-format-that's-successful-but-not-a-league-that's-approved" sort of way.

So, while "Drive Club" has its own separate section, and no interest whatsoever, we, as a viable and active "league" (although with no home), are left to wade through archived threads just to find the next race. At least that's what seems to be happening. Maybe it's the new staff that's been hired. Not sure. But, either way, just wanted to let you know that "race one" got merged with all the other garbage, and so this one might too. Maybe @Bram can explain. If there is a good reason, like resources or something (I can't think why, but what do I know), then we will just have to cope.

If it's console based...I'm gonna be there ;)

There is no escape now :sneaky:

Well, then are you the one who is merging all of our Shift2 threads in the "other games" (section that nobody can find or cars about) section into one, so none of the many dedicated and hard working members who have spent lots of time trying to revive an old game (successfully I may add) have to wade through a 450+ irrelevant and dead thread? :cautious:
If so, WHY!!!! :(
If not, can you make it stop! :O_o:

Well, then are you the one who is merging all of our Shift2 threads in the "other games" (section that nobody can find or cars about) section into one, so none of the many dedicated and hard working members who have spent lots of time trying to revive an old game (successfully I may add) have to wade through a 450+ irrelevant and dead thread? :cautious:
If so, WHY!!!! :(
If not, can you make it stop! :O_o:
That wasn't me. I'll have a look but doubt I'll be able to do much about it.

That wasn't me. I'll have a look but doubt I'll be able to do much about it.
Thanks bud. We will manage in any case. Hope you can join us with Shift2. If you play on a M/S wheel, you will be fine. Otherwise, it takes some tinkering, but I think we could get you straight, as Railer has a Madcatz and Michael a Fanatec and me a broken Fanatec (I agree with Peter...never buy Fanatec).

Really :mad: Thats bullshit.. Bloody typical after I mentioned the archiving of the old Grid Autosport stuff earlier eh Robert :rolleyes:

I don't really understand the need for that form of archiving anyway tbh, especially for active threads...

Really :mad: Thats bullshit.. Bloody typical after I mentioned the archiving of the old Grid Autosport stuff earlier eh Robert :rolleyes:

I don't really understand the need for that form of archiving anyway tbh, especially for active threads...

Well, as usual, I think Bram has come in to save the day. He offered to create an entire pCARS forum for the console users, where we could take our Shift2 (explained the connection between Shift2 and that's part of why we are running it) races and have a ready-made League Forum when pCARS arrives. Problem solved.

Blimey it's been quiet in here hasn't it :cautious: Not had any real chance to practice for this one but looking forward to it nonetheless. I'll be several seconds off the pace to start with but hopefully will pick up the pace as the race progresses and maybe pick up some scraps if anyone runs into trouble.. What car is everyone using here? I had one bash with the Ford yesterday and that was horrible.. car was swaying all over the place so thought maybe my settings had got screwed.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 23 12.8%
  • Friday

Votes: 63 35.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 100 55.6%