Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

Sorry to hear @Matthew Booth. Have you run one of these with us yet? I'm trying to pick your brain as to what you think of the game. Seems to be a love/hate thing going with it ever since it came out. I know you play with a pad, so, from all indications, you would get along just fine.

It's a tough time for me to make but if I can manage it I will be there. Probably not something I can be certain of until the afternoon of the race though i'm afraid.

Hope to see you there. We need a tour guide! :thumbsup:. I may be able to change the time back to our regularly scheduled time, but I'll let you know about that once I get my schedule for the week.

Hope to see you there. We need a tour guide! :thumbsup:. I may be able to change the time back to our regularly scheduled time, but I'll let you know about that once I get my schedule for the week.
Don't worry about it too much Robert.. I know it's difficult to fit things in with your new schedule now. I'll make every effort to be there as it's my home venue :thumbsup:

I'd strongly suggest yo do what peter and all of us have done and pick up the $12 DLC for all of the cars (maybe tracks too?). It gives you access to all of them with no hassle of trying to "buy" them through a Forza-esque system. WELL worth the money IMO. That was you can test off of the GT1, GT3, and Oval cars until your heart's content. You can get this online in the "store" section of the game. No time at all to d/l.

Thanks a ton Robert. I have my kid next weekend. But I will definitely try to be there @9PST. Will give this some practice tonight. Perfect excuse to spin my NFS:Shift 2!

Do you mind posting some times so I can benchmark. :)
Vence Alfred: roist510

I seem to recall that Peter posted a 1:4X or something, but that's bound to improve. I have been a low as 1:56 but there is plenty of room there too. Main thing is getting comfortable with the car/tune/wheel settings, and then practicing from there.

If you don't have "licensed" in the upper right of your profile I have to assume you are not, but it's real easy...just follow the steps in the thread. Free too!

Last edited:
Hopped on before bed. Long day. Managed a 1:52.777 with AI company. Definitely room to shave a bit but I guess wrong at the same 2 corners. First Track Mastered achievement. But the matter is consistently stacking them.
Like Matthew said, quite satisfying once rehearsal bears a rhythm.

Last edited:
Hopped on before bed. Long day. Managed a 1:52.777 with AI company. Definitely room to shave a bit but I guess wrong at the same 2 corners. First Track Mastered achievement. But the matter is consistently stacking them.
Like Matthew said, quite satisfying once rehearsal bears a rhythm.

You need to get licensed. Please do so,I beg you. Otherwise, we can't allow you to race by site rules.
(If Club races are exempt, please let me know, wiser ones). Thanks.

I reread the alert I have. Looks like the only way to get licensed is via Premium upgrade. However, the Premium requirement doesn't apply to console racers from understanding. I believe, and support the fact that funds are needed to subsidize servers. Yet with consoles, there is no need. 20 feddies a year is not bad at ALL. Even without me being available for all races that actually are compatible with my timezone.
For instance, I may have to take my daughter to softball tryouts this Saturday. I'm trying to work around this and get this Whitehall run in.

they got rid of the licence process a few weeks ago.

this circuit is very difficult. feels really choppy, can't find the flow.

Good to know Karl. Thanks. It is very choppy, but I find the GT3 cars very easy to get around here. Even a flow if you ignore a few curbs. Setup is key as always. And I'm always willing to share, but you are on the M/S and ran very well last time at Willow.

P.S. - Vence. Looks like it's a go. Glad you didn't have to go through the paperwork. I do think, in the long run, premium membership is good, but it's always up to you. The PC guys get more bang for the buck, though, for sure.

Good to know Karl. Thanks. It is very choppy, but I find the GT3 cars very easy to get around here. Even a flow if you ignore a few curbs. Setup is key as always. And I'm always willing to share, but you are on the M/S and ran very well last time at Willow.

P.S. - Vence. Looks like it's a go. Glad you didn't have to go through the paperwork. I do think, in the long run, premium membership is good, but it's always up to you. The PC guys get more bang for the buck, though, for sure.
I had one really good lap last night on lap 2 of a quick 10 lap race. but i was running 52s and 53s the rest of the race i think.

regarding the kerbs... i noticed in the video above the driver cuts the intended corner in a couple spots. Are we running with those racing lines or the intended ones? When i set my times last night i ran the intended racing lines, keeping within the kerbing through those areas.

Need to get some laps in here now it's at a time I can make. Not sure whether to go for the same car I used at Laguna or try something different. What are we all going for?
I might try something different tonight, but i was using the chevy last night.
I really do hate jumping in and out of different cars that all have different default settings and different feelings when driving so i may just stick with the chevy and work on that setup.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 36 13.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 30 11.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 36 13.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 33 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 87 32.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 153 57.7%