NASCAR - The Game 2011

Sorry Magnum can't say that I've experienced most of those issues. Also with Eutechnyx' track record I've faith that most "problems" will be fixed as soon as possible using various patches.

> Dustin,

Thanks for the heads up, fixed the mistakes. :)

Good review Robin, enough to reinforce my gut feeling that I don't need this title in my collection right now but if its on sale somewhere in the future with a few patches under its belt then who knows! 6.5 is a fair score from reading a number of reviews.

Magnum50;804308 said:
Sorry...expected better from RaceDepartment. What about all the game killing bugs and design decisions. Like the pace car staying out on track during some MP races, what about not having control of your car till it's too late and before you can control it your in the wall or another car, what about the sync problems that make MP almost completely un-playable, what about the fact that you have to pit for fuel and tires but most times the AI does not, and what about the stupid NASCAR points popping up in your face, or the brake now notice or slow down notice... all in your way of racing in cockpit view.

Sorry, we got an ALPHA build here and they need to be called out on it.

Eutechnyx already has a patch that will be sent off to Sony and MS this week sometime if all goes well. If you would quit *****ing and check the manual, or, heaven forbid, the options menu, you would know you can adjust most of the HUD items. As for bugs and glitches, yes, the game suffers from some issues, but it's no where near "unplayable". Frustrating at times, yes, but out of approximately 100 races online, I experienced maybe 10-15 races that started with cars rolling or other issues. That's 10-15%...not too bad considering ALL games have online issues when they come out. Just look at CoD:BO. It took Treyarch 6 patches to make the game reasonably playable.

"Read the manual", lol.. I did... only options in game is to turn off that draft tunnel thing... oh and change your cars speedometer from KMH to MPH... nothing in the manual or in game says anything about being able to turn off HUD items. Hey... I played about 20 races myself, never once got a good race because of sync issues or bugs... so I shelved it, waiting for the patches... but as a reviewer, I think (and only IMO) that Race Department has/had an obligation to tell it how it is. Believe me, I want to like the game... but if I'm going to recommended it to others for 60 bucks a pop... I want my info to be correct and accurate in a review. Love Race Department, love their past reviews... just thought they were too nice with this one.

Magnum50;804525 said:
"Read the manual", lol.. I did... only options in game is to turn off that draft tunnel thing... oh and change your cars speedometer from KMH to MPH... nothing in the manual or in game says anything about being able to turn off HUD items. Hey... I played about 20 races myself, never once got a good race because of sync issues or bugs... so I shelved it, waiting for the patches... but as a reviewer, I think (and only IMO) that Race Department has/had an obligation to tell it how it is. Believe me, I want to like the game... but if I'm going to recommended it to others for 60 bucks a pop... I want my info to be correct and accurate in a review. Love Race Department, love their past reviews... just thought they were too nice with this one.
Look again ;)

:)

Easily. Leave alone the PS3/PC platforms and you still have:

GAME vs simulator.
Not very moddable/expandable vs countless add-ons and mods.
Limited graphics capacity vs unlimited capacity.

oh and the realism for crashes is non existent in the NR2011 game as well. Its fine to bring in casual "crash happy" casual players, but hardcore sim/nascar fans are not into the wrecks, just the racing.

Its easily on par with the EA games of the last few years, but they fell short in every level of NASCAR realism as well. There are a ton of threads comparing the 2 (NR2k3 and NR2011), which are easily accessed through Google if you would like to see more.:)

"NEED" wasn't part of my thought process, but driving around a 2.6 mile track with 4,5 or 6 cars isn't as much fun as it would be with 12 or 16 or whatever they promised in online races. In other words, just more competetion that's all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back