NASCAR - The Game 2011

NASCAR The Game 2011 FAQ

Official NASCAR The Game 2011 FAQ

We are constantly looking through the forums and trying to answer each and every question. However, we are noticing a few duplicated questions and have decided to pull together an FAQ. This will be updated regular and we will pick out and answer the key questions that you guys are asking.

Official Site: http://nascarthegame.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated: 13th October 2010:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMEPLAY

Will the AI be realistic in the way of fuel consumption and tire wear?
-Yes, the A.I. operates under exactly the same conditions as the player.

Is there a live running order?
-The game will feature a live ticker during the race which updates with the current running order.

Live Points Updates when getting close to the chase if a driver is in or out?
-The ticker does change to indicate if the driver would be in the Chase if they finished in their current position.

How will going from day to night during a race impact a cars performance, if at all?
-Unfortunately the transition doesn’t have an impact on the game. However, we may look to do this in any future versions of the game.

Will cars go on fire? Or will smoke billow out if a car blows an engine or tire?
-Cars will not burst in to flames, this is a licensor restriction. However, if you blow a tire, smoke and sparks can be seen.

When using a manual transmission setting will you be able to "kill" gears if you mess up a shift?
-You cannot kill the gearbox by mis-shifting.

When you get hit on the front wheels will it affect the Camber/Caster/Toe settings and make the car handle differently?
-Yes, damage to the wheels will affect the cars handling.

Are all 43 pit crews going to be active at once on pit road? like let’s say everyone comes down, will you see every pit crew at work?
-All the cars can pit but the player will only see their pit crew.

Will there be windshield build-up?
-Yes, during the race build-up will occur.

Do you have full control of the car under yellow flags and down the pit road?
-Under yellow, you do not control the car in to the pit road, only under green.

Will the AI cars be involved in realistic wrecks too?
-Yes, the A.I. do get involved in wrecks.

In the Career Mode can the player create their own team?
-Yes they can.

Will there be "FULL" race weekends. As in 2 or 3 Practice Sessions to test Qualifying and race trim.
-Right now we just have qualifying and the race. Our aim is to make the game as accessible as possible to all and we felt a full race weekend could be quite daunting for the less hardcore players.

Is This Game A Sim or Arcade?
-It is a full simulation however we have certain assists which the player can utilize to help them create a handling feel that works for them.

Will the catch fences at the tracks also have realistic physics?
-The catch fence and safety barrier have physical properties, and will move when the car hits them.

For the damage, if you’re on pit road, will there be tape, tools, etc. and the pit crew actually trying to fix the car?
-The pit crew make handling adjustments to the car but will not be seen to repair the damage.

ONLINE:

Will there be a spectator mode?
-Unfortunately this won’t feature in NASCAR The Game 2011 but we are looking into the possibility for future versions.

Will there be lobby's to set up races and will you be able to invite you're online friends?
-Yes.

Will there be a league management feature?
-No, but we may visit this for future versions if enough people want it.

Will there be online split-screen? What modes will feature split-screen?
-There is split screen but you cannot race this is an offline mode only.

Server issues have blighted previous versions of the game, what will Eutechnyx be doing to ensure a good online experience?
-We will be using first party servers i.e. Xbox Live and PSN so we don’t envisage any problems.

CUSTOMIZATION:

Can you upload your own images or do you have to use the in game paint booth?
-We have built a fantastic in game tool for users to design their cars. This will give users complete control over the look of their car and as such must use this feature.

Will there be a setup trading feature in-game or will it be the old school 'type your setups out on the forums, and then have to enter them manually' way of doing it?
-There aren’t any trading features.

Will we be able to make Custom logos?
-Yes.

COMMENTARY:

Is there anyone like Dale Jarrett or anyone doing commentary?
-Both Doug Rice and Mark Garrow from PRN perform the race introductions.

GENERAL:

Can we please have Trucks and Nationwide cars in future releases of the game?
-Possibly. We are definitely looking into it if the demand is there.

What will celebrations involve?
-The player can perform burn outs in the car and then the driver will be seen to perform certain actions when they climb out of the vehicle.

What kind of cameras will there be in the game. Mainly in the replays...in the old NASCAR games the replay cameras weren’t good...is this game going to have TV type cameras in replay modes?
-The cameras are based on those used for the broadcast with a couple of special ones thrown in for good measure.

Source - Pulled directly from the thread on the official forums by Gregg Baker (Community Manager for Eutechnyx)

• gojrracing

I like this game! I want to play this with different fastest cars. Thanks for sharing it. Its almost like the nascar driving experience, kin of like driving a real nascar race car :D

• gojrracing

I like this. It kinda make my stress gone. I think that I love race! :D

Screenshots

1_0.jpg

3.jpg

Graphics look fantastic. texture quality is amazing and looks like they are using bumpmapping on the walls, very nice. Probably gonna be a big power hog though to run, but its nice to see a racing game do a leap in graphics, sadly the ones that do are usually the ones that didnt spend enough time on everything that matters.

• Ramathorn

I'm well up for this, especially after my PC blew up, meaning no more ARCA.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 91 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 65 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 14.0%