Nürburgring Nordschleife

Tracks Nürburgring Nordschleife 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Maybe because it isn't a full update but an intermediate release:
Version 0.9.4 download - for playing -This is an intermediate release to check out the layout. It does not have 3d grass and there are some holes that have opened up. A.I. and cameras won't work here. Once the layout is done I will include more fixes and release v 1.0.

These tracks are really appreciated and though I'm about to complain I'm not trying to take away from the efforts/work people are doing. We keep seeing all these mostly Rfactor (or ISIMotor 2) based conversions show up and they all feel a bit wonky, much too bumpy and the cars react in strange ways on them.

The best conversion I've seen so far is still Joux Plane from Richard Burns Rally and the issue is not present with that. All of the Rfactor ones have this overly bumpyness to them, even when it seems there has been an attempt to smooth them out I notice really strange behaviour happening. For example cars having stability issues when driving straight and bouncing over the surface, losing surface traction and sometimes getting airtime when I shouldn't be even sniffing such a thing.

I feel like I want to drive the tracks, but I download them and then feel letdown by myself when it feels so plastic and lacking compared to the official tracks.

Seems to be a point in the track that gives the driver the wrong-way sign. And if you keep on, it boots you to the pits, as a one-and-only warning.

It happens right there on the first odd asphalt bend, right to left. In the middle of the bend you'll get the sign.

Anyone else noticing this? Or am I crazy?

Alan

far less grip, shorter straights and new bumps in 0.9.8 version, have to significantly adjust braking points.

Suggestion for grip levels in surfaces.ini

[SURFACE_0]
KEY=1ASPHALT
FRICTION=1.03 (1.02 to 1.04)

[SURFACE_6]
KEY=1ASPHALT1

[SURFACE_7]
KEY=1ASPHALT2

Friction values tested with Z4 GT3:

0.97 was the original value and is deffinitely too low
1 is borderline driveable
1.01 still evokes no confidence
1.02 is close
1.03 is enjoyable, balanced and recommended
1.04 is 'let's do this, Leeeroy Jenkins!'
1.05 and above is like on rails

Last edited:
far less grip, shorter straights and new bumps in 0.9.8 version, have to significantly adjust braking points.

Suggestion for grip levels in surfaces.ini

[SURFACE_0]
KEY=1ASPHALT

[SURFACE_6]
KEY=1ASPHALT1

[SURFACE_7]
KEY=1ASPHALT2

Friction values tested with Z4 GT3:

0.97 was the original value and is deffinitely too low
1 is borderline driveable
1.01 still evokes no confidence
1.02 is close
1.03 is enjoyable, balanced and recommended
1.04 is 'let's do this, Leeeroy Jenkins!'
1.05 and above is like on rails

Umm the nord gp track is .98 friction.....

You mean to tell me the most slippery bumpy road public track has more grip than a gp circuit?

Tmanning first go at the track the grip was set to 1.0 and road cars on road tires drive like they had soft slicks on.

.97 is close but if anything is too much grip since people are smashing wr times in real life by 10 seconds or so.

If anything lower friction values would bring the track closer to real.

1.03 friction enjoyable? sure if you like ezy mode wr times.

Umm the nord gp track is .98 friction.....

You mean to tell me the most slippery bumpy road public track has more grip than a gp circuit?

Tmanning first go at the track the grip was set to 1.0 and road cars on road tires drive like they had soft slicks on.

.97 is close but if anything is too much grip since people are smashing wr times in real life by 10 seconds or so.

If anything lower friction values would bring the track closer to real.

1.03 friction enjoyable? sure if you like ezy mode wr times.
You can dislike my post, Scott, however that won't make my research less factual. You can't compare grip levels across Kunos' and mod tracks and you can't compare iRL laptimes on the Nordschleife with ones driven in AC. During our first race on this track on the 05.21.14 people drove laptimes under 7 mins (see picture below) - this is of course on the 'Nordschleife only' varient. You have to omit laptimes driven on the 24h / VLN varient, which add 20 to 25 seconds overall. See laptimes in links below. Laptimes driven on the Nordschleife in game are not possible iRL anyway.
I've driven many Nordschleife versions, and every one from snoopy since version 0.6.0. I'm telling you, currently this track has too less grip and some passages are not correct. Laptimes are not a reliable indicator of grip levels. You are assuming a perfect track routing - only a laserscanned version will deliver that, which of course snoopy's version is deffintiely not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nordschleife_lap_times_(racing)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nürburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times

You have to present credible proof to strenghten your claims, otherwise I can't take you seriously.

Last edited:
You can dislike my post, Scott, however that won't make my research less factual. You can't compare grip levels across Kunos' and mod tracks and you can't compare iRL laptimes on the Nordschleife with ones driven in AC. During our first race on this track on the 05.21.14 people drove laptimes under 7 mins (see picture below) - this is of course on the 'Nordschleife only' varient. You have to omit laptimes driven on the 24h / VLN varient, which add 20 to 25 seconds overall. See laptimes in links below. Laptimes driven on the Nordschleife in game are not possible iRL anyway.
I've driven many Nordschleife versions, and every one from snoopy since version 0.6.0. I'm telling you, currently this track has too less grip and some passages are not correct. Laptimes are not a reliable indicator of grip levels. You are assuming a perfect track routing - only a laserscanned version will deliver that, which of course snoopy's version is deffintiely not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nordschleife_lap_times_(racing)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nürburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times

You have to present credible proof to strenghten your claims, otherwise I can't take you seriously.

I also know from testing the first versions of the track and running multiple grip tests, and debating heavily on the forums when the grip levels were debated. Road cars do not handle at all like road cars at 1.0 grip no matter how you slice it.

I was arguing for .96 friction or .965 but i dunno what cars you are driving that 1.0 plus grip feels right.

EIther way when the laser scanned version arrives we will see there is no doubt that the ring has varying grip levels but all race tracks in game none of them have 1.0 grip and when they have variable asphalt levels they range from .96 to .99. or there abouts wo digging through al the surface.ini to check atm but i have looked at them enough.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea