F1 2010 My youtube series: Let's Play F1 2010 Career mode on Expert

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
SEASON TWO HAS STARTED

That's right Season 2 of this let's play coming at you! I have heavily modded my game to bring you the closest balls to the wall offline racing you'll ever see.

Sticking with Team Lotus but now as their no 1 driver, join me for another crazy season dissing drivers from all continents in the hunt for my second consecutive WDC crown!

Round 1: Bahrain GP: Round 2: Australian GP:
Round 3: Malaysian GP
Round 4: Chinese GPRound 5: Spanish GP

SEASON ONE

sup guys,

Been working on a youtube series with commentary where I take you along for the ride for an entire season of F1 2010 in career mode with the Lotus on expert difficulty (so no assists, legend ai, fuel and tire sim activated, also no mods installed except the cockpit cam mod).

Includes tips and tricks on how to tackle the circuits and how to handle the car, random ramblings about real F1, the occasional jab at codemaster's not always too masterful coding, and much more!

Check the vids out linked below or you can find all of them on my channel. Please subscribe and give me feedback if you like it :)Hope you enjoy and that it helps some of you guys struggling on expert settings.

race1 Bahrain: 2nd place (no video for that, only thought of doing this series after that race lol)

race 2: Australia - Melbourne

race 3: Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur

race 4: China - Shanghai

race 5: Spain - Catalunya

race 6: Monaco - Monte Carlo

race 7: Turkey- Istanbul

race 8: Canada - Montreal

race 9 : Europe - Valencia

race 10: UK - Silverstone

race 11: Germany- Hockenheim

race 12: Hungary- Hungaroring

race 13: Belgium- Spa Francorchamps

race 14: Italy- Monza

race 15: Singapore- Marina Bay

race 16: Japan - Suzuka

race 17: Korea - Yeongam

race 18: Brazil - Sao Paulo

race 19: Abu Dhabi- Yas Marina

Hey Steve,

Thanks for putting all the effort into the editing etc, it must take some time! I enjoy all your vids, especially the Malaysia one recently. I think the China vid could have done with a few instant replays though; like in the first corner and the AI accident late in the race. Are you looking to add some replays in future races?

Steve, another great Vid.
By the way I am doing season 2/7 in the lotus. (Legend AI)
With the various upgrades the car in Canada felt transformed. A bit like the Redbull in GP mode.
Went from fighting to make Q3 in career mode to P1 in all practices and also Q1 and , Q2 and P2 in Q3. P2 in race. 18 points when all season I had 3 points so far.
Either that or the AI are like really slow in Canada. Ill know in Valencia I guess.
Keep it up.
Do you think Jarno will be getting some sports psychology guy to help him soon?
It must be hard getting thrashed every week when you are paid driver.

Steve have you ever thought about doing a help video.

What i mean by this is because your such a smooth driver you seem to know your stuff. Being the fastest out there is not important cause speed comes with practice. But say if someone sent you a video and said i am having problems on this track i can never do this corner right can you help Steve you could take the vid look at it and overlay it with your comments and maybe show yourself side by side racinf the same track so we could all see where we were going wrong.

Of course its alot of work for you but as you seem to be such a nice guy and enjoy your videos alot its a thought

Steve, I had a thought. Possibly include 1 lap of the race in each Video as an "onboard lap" ie no voice over and in game sound only like the other (real) F1. Would seem quite authentic and some finer points of the line and shift points would be more discernible. Maybe one where Rob is making sense too!

Hi
There is a question. In Spain - on video 9:07 the car has gone to drift - the back part has gone in left how it you so have leveled the car? Looks very much not naturally and similar on "autopilot":tongue:

it's the good 'ol 'slam the brakes when spinning trick'...it's an arcade element of the game that allows you to correct spins in a silly way. I wish it wasn't in the game but since it is and there's no way to turn it off, I sure will use it to my advantage lol ;)

More in detail it is possible about it? :confused:

I look your videos as textbooks... Trying to understand as correctly to operate by car.... But much I do not understand all the same . In Spain my qual is- 23 position whith time 1:25:430

One other thing that works on the start of a slide is gear up quickly this then looses power fast and gives grip back to the back end of the car resluting in less speed loss but doing the same thing. Its a trick that takes a little time to master but it can save your bacon quite often. If the back end has gone completly then yes steve is right slam the brakes on and the car rights itself.

Sorry steve didnt mean to interrupt your thread :)

Hi Steve,

What ride height did you use for the Monaco race? as your car didn't seem affected by going over the kerbs on the corner at the tunnel exit and the chicane kerb at the swimming pool exit, I use a 3 front 3 rear height. Whenever I try to attack those kerbs the car almost spins. Enjoyed the vid too, bit of a shame you were on your own though.

Might surprise you, but I used 2-1 ride height. The nouvelle chicane at the tunnel exit is a tricky one, but one where you can use the kerbs to your advantage. It's hard to see in the vid, but I actually use the slight slide you often get on the first kerb to launch myself into the 2nd part of the chicane. I find it's one of the only kerbs in the game where you can make them work to your advantage.

hav done Monaco quali for career, haven't gotten round to do the race yet, prolly tomorrow evening, vid somewhere next week

nah i'm not into it for the epeen and see how many subscribers/views I get. I briefly checked into it tho, but getting on machinima is too much hassle for what is purely me having fun, don't wanna make it feel like work lol
I like feedback for sure, it helps keep me going, but subscribers and views will keep coming as long as I make good content that people enjoy so i'm not too worried whoring myself out everywhere begging for more subs.
Been doing gameplay commentay since long before I started doing them for F1 2010, and It just helps me enjoy the games I play even more when I get to fiddle with editing gamplay vids, and gives me a platform to spout my asinine ideas ;)

Wow you almost managed a pole in ur first season with that retarded car at Monaco :D I could only have managed 4th in 4th tier car and that is with a lot of cheating I.e. Going slow at certain corners and behind cars ram into my back recklessly and they end up spinning or damaging front wings...

I have probably spent about 13 seasons now but my DS3 is getting me nowhere improved.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.