F1 2010 My youtube series: Let's Play F1 2010 Career mode on Expert

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
SEASON TWO HAS STARTED

That's right Season 2 of this let's play coming at you! I have heavily modded my game to bring you the closest balls to the wall offline racing you'll ever see.

Sticking with Team Lotus but now as their no 1 driver, join me for another crazy season dissing drivers from all continents in the hunt for my second consecutive WDC crown!

Round 1: Bahrain GP: Round 2: Australian GP:
Round 3: Malaysian GP
Round 4: Chinese GPRound 5: Spanish GP

SEASON ONE

sup guys,

Been working on a youtube series with commentary where I take you along for the ride for an entire season of F1 2010 in career mode with the Lotus on expert difficulty (so no assists, legend ai, fuel and tire sim activated, also no mods installed except the cockpit cam mod).

Includes tips and tricks on how to tackle the circuits and how to handle the car, random ramblings about real F1, the occasional jab at codemaster's not always too masterful coding, and much more!

Check the vids out linked below or you can find all of them on my channel. Please subscribe and give me feedback if you like it :)Hope you enjoy and that it helps some of you guys struggling on expert settings.

race1 Bahrain: 2nd place (no video for that, only thought of doing this series after that race lol)

race 2: Australia - Melbourne

race 3: Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur

race 4: China - Shanghai

race 5: Spain - Catalunya

race 6: Monaco - Monte Carlo

race 7: Turkey- Istanbul

race 8: Canada - Montreal

race 9 : Europe - Valencia

race 10: UK - Silverstone

race 11: Germany- Hockenheim

race 12: Hungary- Hungaroring

race 13: Belgium- Spa Francorchamps

race 14: Italy- Monza

race 15: Singapore- Marina Bay

race 16: Japan - Suzuka

race 17: Korea - Yeongam

race 18: Brazil - Sao Paulo

race 19: Abu Dhabi- Yas Marina

I see you put monaco video already... Well, I just managed to win at Monaco on expert with Lotus as well... I started from last place as well - AI was slow on extreme wets and I managed to make up to third by lap 18/23, by then the rain was mostly cleared. Webber and Alonso pitted for inters/hard tyres and I stayed on full wets, so managed to win by 4/5 seconds.

For sure this is happiest moment of my career, better than any win of the entire career.

do you drive with fuel and tyre sim on?

Without a doubt Steve Stoop is a good driver in this game, so yes all of his "Expert" races were with fuel and tire sim turned on. But he also did these races with no mods installed as he wanted to show people what the game given to us from Code Masters was like. The default AI and default database from Code Master is not as challenging as some of the mods that are available. There are AI and database mods that would making winning in "Expert" almost impossible, even for a good driver such as Mr Stoop.

yea all sims are on, that's where the 'expert' mode comes in ;) You can clearly see they're on as well as the hud shows my tires wearing and on occasion a fuel light flashing as i'm running low. I dunno why people keep doubting that I race legit on expert mode with no cheats, I mean what more evidence do you need than a full season race by race recorded on video, in total about 60 vids of f1 2010 career, TT and multiplayer.

as my993c2 said, for season 2 i'm now using an ai mod that makes it damn near impossible to win in a Lotus, thus making the game much more fun ;)

Steve sure does race with all the sims on, as he said in season 2 he uses the Ai mod in order to make the game harder and more in line with what you would expect but you cannot keep a good racer down and it shows. I have personaly learnt a lot from Steve dont doubt him learn from him.

Stoop, the only question for you is, how the heck is your car so maneuverable? I'm in my 3rd season, first with Lotus, then Torro Rosso and now with Sauber, and with all of them I suffer(ed) from understeer badly. On most turns I have to turn my wheel full left/right and even then my car barely wants to turn. Yet I quickly watched one of your video, Australia Season 1, and you take turn 9 with plenty of room to spare on the left side when you exit, and you only turn your wheel about 50 deg.
I think I will record one of my videos and post them. Maybe you can let me know why on earth my game punches me with ridiculous oversteer.

Yeah it was Expert difficulty (all sims on and all assists off + legend AI). I still managed to win the race in an upgraded lotus in rain from last place. The AI brake so early - I can overtake someone every 3-4 turns.

But as rain went off the AI got faster. Only if the AI stayed on wets and not change to intermediates for last 5 laps of the race I wouldn't have had chance to win because they were starting to pull away from me.

Steve Stoop is off to Nigeria. Steve keep up the great work your loyal fans will have to wait till you figure out how to upload there.
Enjoyed the 1,000 subscriber special. Best Trulli train ever and the first 2/3 really tested the commentators. (Bit like Valencia did Brundle and Coulthard.)

That was a load of fun. It was really interesting trying to think of things to say when the race was so freakin' boring for the first 40 laps. Thanks so much to Steve for having me on, hope to do it again some time. Maybe an online race for his 2k subscriber special? Should be an interesting watch with Nigerian internet ;).

I never jumped into commentary because by the time I thought about it, Steve already had four videos out (and my driving sucks in comparison). Good to know someone out there doesn't mind the spastic dribble from some American F1 fanatic.

I'm really curious as to how you two managed to do the commentary, I'm guessing it was over the net? Matt, how how were you able to see Steve's vid in real time? Gives me a headache trying to figure it out.

You won't be surprised that I enjoyed the commentary far more than the race, at least until Steve pitted and pulled off lots off banzai moves lol.

It really wasn't anything that complex. Steve uploaded the video to Youtube but kept it unlisted. He sent me the link, and you can hear the 3, 2, 1, go in the second and third vid. As for the commentary we both got on Skype and used Audacity to record the audio. Nothing really that special. I don't know if you can tell but we were a little out of synch in vid 3, but no matter. I'm actually debating getting into commentary now. Will have to steal some of Bortz's vids ;)

It really wasn't anything that complex. Steve uploaded the video to Youtube but kept it unlisted. He sent me the link, and you can hear the 3, 2, 1, go in the second and third vid. As for the commentary we both got on Skype and used Audacity to record the audio. Nothing really that special. I don't know if you can tell but we were a little out of synch in vid 3, but no matter. I'm actually debating getting into commentary now. Will have to steal some of Bortz's vids ;)

Hey if you wanna do commentary on my vids you got a thumbs up from me, just tell me what I need to do to make it happen!

Also this is for Steve, how would you feel about in F1 2011 doing the co-op together and getting the video + commentary with you and Mulder?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.