Multiplayer Postponed

What I don't get is why are they posting Multipalyer videos, when they insisted that something was broken in Single Player mode when implementing MP. I smell lies at this point and starting to think not only SP was broken, but MP wasn't even ready last Friday and that was just a better excuse after asking for a week delay. The whole situation feels weird, I don't mind waiting a bit longer to get a proper experience though.

So... no MP today!

EB5-visa-investors-say-I-Want-My-Money-Back1.jpg

What I don't get is why are they posting Multipalyer videos, when they insisted that something was broken in Single Player mode when implementing MP. I smell lies at this point and starting to think not only SP was broken, but MP wasn't even ready last Friday and that was just a better excuse after asking for a week delay. The whole situation feels weird, I don't mind waiting a bit longer to get a proper experience though.

What I reckon is they had some rought form of multi ready, then started adding more in the week off and thats when issues started popping up

Has it occured to you or anyone else that has doubts that maybe Kunos is simply showing you that they ARE working on multiplayer and not making this all up? The short videos are nothing more than proof that AC multiplayer does exist and that they haven't been sitting around doing nothing for the last few weeks. I don't understand why this is so hard to understand, really I don't.

Some people are way too frantic/desperate about Multiplayer. Sure I'm eager to try it out, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't eagerly awaiting it's release, but I don't need to question their work ethic just to show how I feel.
Just have some patience. We know they're working hard on it, and it's near it's completion, so just be patient and it'll come when it comes.

Also, comments akin to that of kyriakos's are completely self-deluded. If you don't like something that Kunos are doing, then post it in a constructive manner on their official forums, that's what they're there for.

Its simple, the MP aspect has code shared with SP. If MP code then breaks SP code, the shared code must also be checked. That means any tweaks made to the shared code needs MP and SP to be re tested.

My point is, I would've been happy with a single video of Multiplayer and a few progress reports instead of a bunch of MP videos. I'm more interested in the status of that patch than testers driving around Nürburgring, if you get what I mean. I never questioned that Multiplayer will eventually come, I never lost my faith in Kunos' work and that's why I bought the game on the night of November 8, the day it was available on steam. It's just that I sometimes don't get the logic behind their communication.

The vids show that MP is working...they don't show if any of the beta testers game crashed afterwards....

I thought the crowd was a little more mature over here but that was my bad.

So You want them to seriously put out a patch that crashes the game to a black screen; a showstopping experience for every SP player just so you can play MP a few days earlier. Wow is all I can say.

No, not at all.

On steam, there is an option in properties for all of your games to opt into a beta build of a game completely separate to the main stream build. Those that want to play SP need not opt in, those who want MP can opt in and use MP.

It's literally what it is for, releasing a patch for those who wish to test a newer version of a game before it is forced upon everyone.

A little more mature than you'd thought, maybe?

Its not what its for :) Thats an option for beta testers, which early access members aren't.

Knowing how most people struggle with just installing a simple game, handing out such features to everyone will only cause more support workload to the team, not to mention bad publicity as people first will put the blame on the developers before realising they didn't install the game correctly.

My point is, I would've been happy with a single video of Multiplayer and a few progress reports instead of a bunch of MP videos. I'm more interested in the status of that patch than testers driving around Nürburgring, if you get what I mean. I never questioned that Multiplayer will eventually come, I never lost my faith in Kunos' work and that's why I bought the game on the night of November 8, the day it was available on steam. It's just that I sometimes don't get the logic behind their communication.

+1 to that.

It's not that I feel I have a right to MP just because they announced it, it's the lack of communication both on the day of supposed release and since. I mean really, they didn't announce that it wouldn't be out or that they were having problems at all until like 7pm BST? Kind of obvious to us all by then that it wouldn't be out anyway but still. It takes literally 20 secs to whack a message on twitter.

I have hopes that the video of the devs playing MP means that they might have a fix for it and were checking that MP worked after implementing it but again, no communication so we don't know.

Its not what its for :) Thats an option for beta testers, which early access members aren't.

Knowing how most people struggle with just installing a simple game, handing out such features to everyone will only cause more support workload to the team, not to mention bad publicity as people first will put the blame on the developers before realising they didn't install the game correctly.

We're essentially part of the alpha of the game, that's still a testing phase.

Opting into a beta build takes about 3 clicks and opting out takes the same. Steam does all of the installing work for you. Used it extensively in the ArmA 3 Alpha.

3 clicks for some people are 3 clicks too many for others. its software and even the simplest thing can be very complicated to many.

You are part of an alpha and you are part of a testing phase too, you are right. But its the developer that decides what build the public can test, and that is most likely done after ironing out showstopper bugs by their internal team.

I wonder why they only started posting videos about multiplayer now. We all know that they usually post some videos on the personal facebook pages before actually release core the features (for example, AI). That wasn't the case with multiplayer.
Can this mean that they never actually had the MP working as it should before?
Maybe I'm just being crazy, but...

Last edited:
No communication from Kunos: they suck!
Kunos posts a movie: They suck even harder!
Kunos posts an announcement: they suck hardest!

As you can clearly see, whatever they do, they will always get negative comments.

In the 90's, we would be okay waiting for software for months, now the internet explodes after a delay of 1 week.

Makes you wonder; where does this demanding attitude come from? Why do so many people feel entitlement to 1) the MP RIGHT NOW, and 2) if not the MP, all the reasons for delay RIGHT NOW. If you are among this group, please send me a PM to explain where your entitlement finds it roots, as I don't see any (legal) foundation for it.

As this thread is full of so much dissatisfaction, unreasonable anger, unjust entitlement claims and basic ignorance, I will put this thread on my ignore list. Would anyone try to convince me, please use a private message.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back