Multiplayer Postponed

Having friends who play the same sim can be beneficial though, especially if they're as serious as you. It allows for more input on a track or setup, given you drive the car similarly. Which has been the case for me. There are more benefits I'm sure, I just can't think of any at the moment.

Not to mention the added fun you'll have by having someone you actually know being their with you.

On-topic: A bit saddened they postponed it, I know what it feels like to expect something only to find out you'll have to wait that much longer. But I can definitely relate to the reasons they did it, if other people don't understand the development process, it's their issue.

I do like this for the fact I'll have my new wheel when MP launches though. :thumbsup:

Not that I am getting impatient or anything now, but I do not get the lack of info by Kunos regarding their progress, whilst posting multiple videos of their own Multiplayer races. This seems to be sending mixed messages, for me anyway.

I thought there was massive development going on, yet they are having multiplayer races, and posting the videos. So is it in a ready state to be released yet, or not? I know single player was the impacted part, but surely then the focus must be on single player.

Also, they keep saying "before Friday", yet tomorrow is already Friday. Have they discovered a bug so big that it has taken them to rewrite a lot more of the code base than they initially envisaged?

I really hope I'm reading too much into the situation.

I Will be the first to admit that i swear, it just comes out when talking with friends on t/speak, i get a little excited and out it comes. I don't mean to do it but it happens every now and again,
But i dont know about you guys , it takes me more to type it. Its a secondary reaction..

Please refrain from swearing. I for one don't like to see it ..
Yes i can be called a hypocrite for this view...
But come on we have users of all ages visit our forum.

I personally don't even what to see F**k. trying to hide the word when we still know what it means..
We don't use a word blocker on the site. and don't feel its the right way to go.

ive not gone through every post ill leave that up to you guys to sort any words out.

thank you for your understanding :)

i can wait... but what gets me, is the lack of updates... posting videos of mp great... just give the public a whiff of whats going on...

Exactly. I don't care if we don't get another update within 2 months, but at least then I would like to know that it might take that long. Obviously in programming there is no exact timeframe for anything, but you always have an idea of how long it might take you.

They post a video of them using multiplayer and give absolutely no update as to their progress? Really?

Release a damn beta patch on Steam with the MP working for those of us that don't care about the SP.

Seriously Kunos, keep testing our patience...

@AC_assettocorsa said:
the update will get out ASAP. Not delayed for Friday. We release when bug is finally ironed out, at anytime. Hence no ETA

For those wondering if it'll be fixed by Friday.. at this point, I really don't think so. It works, clearly but no. We still can't use it. It's not ready. :cautious:

On the other hand though, when you watch the Lotus video from alst night, there were a lot of warpy moments.

This could simply be due to being recorded off a non-server side reply but it could also mean some unfortunate netcode issues.

The vids show that MP is working...they don't show if any of the beta testers game crashed afterwards....

I thought the crowd was a little more mature over here but that was my bad.
They post a video of them using multiplayer and give absolutely no update as to their progress? Really?

Release a damn beta patch on Steam with the MP working for those of us that don't care about the SP.

Seriously Kunos, keep testing our patience...
So You want them to seriously put out a patch that crashes the game to a black screen; a showstopping experience for every SP player just so you can play MP a few days earlier. Wow is all I can say.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 71 30.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 49 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 5.9%