AC Multiclass WEC @ Mugello - Saturday 25th of March 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Has race control ever considered to host these races with a rolling start? I mean a pace car wouldn't be needed as long as the pole sitter of each class dictates a reasonable speed on the pace lap? :)

We have looked at rolling starts, but they only add confusion and crashes, seen it so many times, on paper its brilliant in reality, there is always a driver or 2 who loose out before the race even begins. Too much weaving around and breaking, guys not holding their line in corners. So standing start is how we do it. safer for all...

thanks for the post though. :thumbsup:

We have looked at rolling starts, but they only add confusion and crashes, seen it so many times, on paper its brilliant in reality, there is always a driver or 2 who loose out before the race even begins. Too much weaving around and breaking, guys not holding their line in corners. So standing start is how we do it. safer for all...

thanks for the post though. :thumbsup:

I understand. Thought it would add a bit of immersion but I'm fine with standing starts for club races. :)

Has race control ever considered to host these races with a rolling start? I mean a pace car wouldn't be needed as long as the pole sitter of each class dictates a reasonable speed on the pace lap? :)
We already did rolling starts before, though never with such a big grid.
But to consider this opportunity with a full grid I need all the drivers connected to Teamspeak to give the proper instructions.
@Rupe Wilson using rolling start, though with small grids, usually we had less incidents at T1 because there was more car to car distance at the braking point.

Well gentlemen, I'm going to setup the server for the race of this evening.
So far the entry list will be composed of:
  • 3 Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
  • 1 Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015
  • 4 BMW M3 GT2
  • 4 Ferrari 458 GT2
  • 3 Corvette C7R
  • 9 Porsche 911 RSR
There will be no mandatory pit stops, so free race strategy.
Only if all the 24 the drivers will be connected on Teamspeak and will give positive response of receiving the instructions, there will be a manual rolling start.
Otherwise, standing start as usual, with drive through penalty in case of jump start.
Teamspeak installation guide.

Hey i have to sign out unfortunately. Didn't sleep at all last night.
Rather want another driver to jump in who's actually going to have some fun, and not trying to fight the sleep for 2 hours...
So one Corvette free now.
I probably won't make the Monday race (60s GT) as well :( i will know tomorrow evening, and post it in the appropriate topic

Server is up.
@Ruben De Wulf, @Geof, for you and other guys that will join to the reserve list, I can't guarantee your desidered car, because eventually you'll receive the car that has been made free by a driver that may drop off.
In any case, if at 19.40 GMT (5 mins before qually ends) you'll see any free slot in the server, you are entitled to take it and join the race.

To all the GT drivers: under blue flags be predictable and keep always your racing line. Let the LMP1 driver to make the move. On straights do not deliberately lift off or stay away from racing line, it's just necessary to leave enough road clearance on one side.

To all the drivers: in case of incidents/mistakes/spins, etc., please do not abandon the race, it's a form of respect for the other buddies and, by the way, there is not a better chance to improve driving skills than these kind of races, even struggling in the last positions.

Hey i have to sign out unfortunately. Didn't sleep at all last night.
Rather want another driver to jump in who's actually going to have some fun, and not trying to fight the sleep for 2 hours...
So one Corvette free now.
I probably won't make the Monday race (60s GT) as well :( i will know tomorrow evening, and post it in the appropriate topic
No problem mate, @Ruben De Wulf will be happy of your Corvette.

@Glaurung , If it's possible I would try it with the 919 2016,
otherwise I'll take whatever come, It will be great too. Thx!
And if there no room, try to have fun without me. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back