MGP17 MotoGP 17 Mods WIP Thread

Anyway, I changed the contact patch of the tyre on the tarmac.. and it looks more realistic now
MotoGP17 2017-07-01 09-21-20-241.jpg

The lean angle is massively improved, finally the knee touches the asphalt
MotoGP17 2017-07-01 09-23-16-138.jpg

Last edited:
This time Proton KR 2005 with Shane Byrne :)

Attachments

• MotoGP17 2017-07-01 15-57-14-72.jpg
    MotoGP17 2017-07-01 15-57-14-72.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 176
  • MotoGP17 2017-07-01 15-57-28-51.jpg
    MotoGP17 2017-07-01 15-57-28-51.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 191
how did you do this? :O. It's AMAZING!!

Tyre contact patch is defined into defaultbikemotogp.bml under the section "front" and "rear".
The string is fTrack (default is 0.14 front and 0.2 rear): by lowering it, the bike leans in a lower position giving an increased tyre section on the groud.

Lean angle is not determined by the leanlimit string into defaultbikemotogp.bml, but it's limited turn by turn based on tyre grip, speed and other parameters.
So if you limit the lean angle, to say.. 50°, the bike can't lean more than that even if the tyres have more to give, but if you limit it to a proper higher value (let's say 64) the bike can lean as much as the tyres can without crashing: it could be 54°, 59° or even more. By doing so I can find the optimum tyre grip values by looking at the lean angle:
grip = tan(lean angle) ex: tan(59°) = 1.66

Reactions: rkh
Tyre contact patch is defined into defaultbikemotogp.bml under the section "front" and "rear".
The string is fTrack (default is 0.14 front and 0.2 rear): by lowering it, the bike leans in a lower position giving an increased tyre section on the groud.

Lean angle is not determined by the leanlimit string into defaultbikemotogp.bml, but it's limited turn by turn based on tyre grip, speed and other parameters.
So if you limit the lean angle, to say.. 50°, the bike can't lean more than that even if the tyres have more to give, but if you limit it to a proper higher value (let's say 64) the bike can lean as much as the tyres can without crashing: it could be 54°, 59° or even more. By doing so I can find the optimum tyre grip values by looking at the lean angle:
grip = tan(lean angle) ex: tan(59°) = 1.66

I don't understand haha. inside playerdata, defaultbike, what are the files I need to change with what values?

Sorry my very bad English. I have bml editor opened with file defaultbikemotogp.bml. What are your values for the leaning of your mod? ;) :thumbsup: and by the way, AMAZING WORK, as always ;)

Sorry my very bad English. I have bml editor opened with file defaultbikemotogp.bml. What are your values for the leaning of your mod? ;) :thumbsup: and by the way, AMAZING WORK, as always ;)
Surely he will release his work ;) patience...and you want to be looking for "fTrack" within the defaultmotogp.bml. you'll see the value for the front at 0.14 and 0.2 for rear. change those values and see what happens in-game...:ninja:

Surely he will release his work ;) patience...and you want to be looking for "fTrack" within the defaultmotogp.bml. you'll see the value for the front at 0.14 and 0.2 for rear. change those values and see what happens in-game...:ninja:

From what main menu there is ftrack? I can't find it ...:(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back