MGP15 MotoGP 15 release date and preorder bonus announced

The release date for MotoGP 15 has been announced, along with the preorder bonuses.

MotoGP fans won't have to wait much longer: Milestone has confirmed that the next installment of the motorcycle racing series will be available on June 19th.

As previously announced, MotoGP 15 will be available on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, thus carrying some cross-gen bits and pieces along.

The preorder bonus for the title is a pack containing 20 4-stroke bikes and riders that made the history of the last 10 years of MotoGP, like Colin Edwards (on his 2005 Yamaha M1), Sete Gibernau, Casey Stoner, Shinya Nakano and so on. Included in the DLC pack are 18 special events that recreate the highlights of these pilots' careers.

The add-on will also be available on day 1 for the price of 12,99€. While this is far from the worst offender in terms of DLC policy, that doesn't sound very good either.

Are you looking forward to MotoGP 15? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, the new feautre of the career mode (personal team) could have been great, but it's not really well done. Sponsors are fake, livery choices are limited..expected more from this feature

This was released a couple of days before the Catalunya GP: Yamaha's track telemetry.

Catalunya-track-map-Yamaha-telemetry-728x485.jpg
As you pointed out this is from before the GP, obviously as a reference for Lorenzo and Rossi, and when compared to his on-board footage Lorenzo's setup was close to this reference, albeit NOT the same. Thanks for posting this nonetheless, as it shows even in this graph exactly what I was talking about. He already switched to 1st at over 200 km/h (imagine that gear ratio he's got there), then down to 86.1 km/h at the "slowest" spot and does not shift into 2nd until approx. 211.4 km/h. I'm not sure what you are even trying to show? Green color is 1st gear and I told you MotoGP riders use 1st gear and NOT just for hairpins. Ask any engineer - this depends on your bike's engine mapping and personal preference as a rider. Almost half the field stayed in 2nd gear at that turn, this graph is just YAMAHA. Some riders prefer a real "pop" when coming out of a corner, others prefer a more gradual acceleration, which is also smoother on the tire. You know this yourself.
Again, look at it - that 1st gear turn at Catalaunya is NOT 100% a hairpin, just a much tighter corner then the rest. If anything it is a very uneven hairpin. Sepang, now that is a hairpin, Texas that is a hairpin and in Formula 1 Montreal is a true hairpin, geometrically even. Not tight and then opening up, or the other way around. You're the one who stated: "In real life 1st gear is never used, so unrealistic." Well, either way you flip it, no matter how many telemetry data printouts you post, that statement will always be wrong. But, you would be right to say, lots of MotoGP riders do not use 1st gear, depending on their engine mapping. The whole gear scenario is the same as rear brakes, a matter of personal preference, they trying to combine that with how the bike behaves in different gears. Rear brakes - Dovi can't live without it and Laverty might as well not have it. There are plenty of riders who do not "like" the rear brake for their style, but you don't see me posting "Nobody ever uses rear brakes in MotoGP - so unrealistic".

Last edited:
As you pointed out this is from before the GP, obviously as a reference for Lorenzo and Rossi, and when compared to his on-board footage Lorenzo's setup was close to this reference, albeit NOT the same. Thanks for posting this nonetheless, as it shows even in this graph exactly what I was talking about. He already switched to 1st at over 200 km/h (imagine that gear ratio he's got there), then down to 86.1 km/h at the "slowest" spot and does not shift into 2nd until approx. 211.4 km/h. I'm not sure what you are even trying to show? Green color is 1st gear and I told you MotoGP riders use 1st gear and NOT just for hairpins. Ask any engineer - this depends on your bike's engine mapping and personal preference as a rider. Almost half the field stayed in 2nd gear at that turn, this graph is just YAMAHA. Some riders prefer a real "pop" when coming out of a corner, others prefer a more gradual acceleration, which is also smoother on the tire. You know this yourself.
Again, look at it - that 1st gear turn at Catalaunya is NOT 100% a hairpin, just a much tighter corner then the rest. If anything it is a very uneven hairpin. Sepang, now that is a hairpin, Texas that is a hairpin and in Formula 1 Montreal is a true hairpin, geometrically even. Not tight and then opening up, or the other way around. You're the one who stated: "In real life 1st gear is never used, so unrealistic." Well, either way you flip it, no matter how many telemetry data printouts you post, that statement will always be wrong. But, you would be right to say, lots of MotoGP riders do not use 1st gear, depending on their engine mapping. The whole gear scenario is the same as rear brakes, a matter of personal preference, they trying to combine that with how the bike behaves in different gears. Rear brakes - Dovi can't live without it and Laverty might as well not have it. There are plenty of riders who do not "like" the rear brake for their style, but you don't see me posting "Nobody ever uses rear brakes in MotoGP - so unrealistic".

You're over thinking, my friend. 'Just posted a telemetry... nothing really special.

Last edited:
A bug I spotted is that in parc ferme the plastic visor of the bike wasn't trasparent, but jus grey

There are some new animations (when you enter the track, the rider rises up and go on the bike, or when you finishes the race your rider may be disappointed with the result going back to the box)

Also the A.I. seem to be too easy...

As I watched in one video, we can only choose riding style from 5 available... why didn't they add a customizable riding style like it was in Ride?
Private team seemed to be interesting option, but I have question for you:
Is it possible to employ AI rider for the second bike in a team?
Probably no, but there is a hope. Shame that sponsor's logo is only in two places :/
And I can see stupid development system - only one lap (time doesn't matter) to achieve data pack... Better system was in SBK 2011

jonix i get the dvd version are two dvds so the phisical version but when i try to install on my pc it says that i can not continue the istallation til 23 cause it's releted to steam i have steam on my pc and when start the istallation of dvd automatically start steam so it's blocked
it's really **** i purchease a game dvd for 40 euros and cannot play also offline if i go offline on steam can not continue istallation. i' m really pity i' really think to stop to play videogames in this way
i spent my money and i want no i charge to play FREE a word that don't have moare meaning today

Last edited:
I forgot that polerst..Yes the cool riding style editor isn't there, there is only the classic style selection..About the AI employment, I'm not sure (don't have time these days to test a lot) but I don't think it's possible. Though it's possible to buy different bikes for your team during year (Mahindra, KTM, Honda) but they cost a lot of credits

sagnok that's weird, it should install offline...otherwise I fear you'll have to wait until 23rd

I don't know why people complain about that...? It's not like you don't get all the bikes, they just don't fit the game size. This year there are 200+ bikes in the game, some have to be downloaded.

What I would complain of is which bikes have to be downloaded. I would rather have complete 2015 rosters (moto3, moto 2, motogp), and have to download all the others (2014 all classes, legends and 2004-2006). This way I could start the career normally. I don't know why they keep releasing it like this (some 2015 bikes, some legend bikes, etc).

Anyway this year is the last licensed one for Milestone. Maybe some other company will buy the license, maybe not, we'll see.

I don't know why people complain about that...? It's not like you don't get all the bikes, they just don't fit the game size. This year there are 200+ bikes in the game, some have to be downloaded.

What I would complain of is which bikes have to be downloaded. I would rather have complete 2015 rosters (moto3, moto 2, motogp), and have to download all the others (2014 all classes, legends and 2004-2006). This way I could start the career normally. I don't know why they keep releasing it like this (some 2015 bikes, some legend bikes, etc).

Anyway this year is the last licensed one for Milestone. Maybe some other company will buy the license, maybe not, we'll see.
I'm with you, man!! Totally agree!!! It is EXACTLY as expected, we get the current grid and that is it, the rest we have to fiddle with. So sad that they do not address A.I... @Jonix already indicated that they are so slow in the same sections as in the previous game. What is with that? A.I. goes through the "S" in Austin like a snail, just unacceptable. And I am even more worried about editing the A.I. Drivers, because we tried everything, and you will not be able to get A.I. right. They will either be too slow or too fast by over 1 second, but I decided to take advantage of it - one has to sacrifice real life lap times and has to go with how fast you are as the human player. You base the A.I. on your level, and while that will yield semi-satisfactory results it is a long way off from reality. Again, I fear we are facing the same dilemma now. Think about it, really truly weigh it out in your head - there is literally 0 advantage to "upgrading" to 15 version, other than the grid. Milestone has no problem saying they are at the tracks to study, when in fact, they have learned nothing. Milestone (and I do not care if there would be a game or not, rather have no game than this) is, has been, and will always be the WORST COMPANY for games...PERIOD. And now stop it with the excuses already, again, I'd rather not have a game than this crap...crap that has been piling up for YEARS!!! Shame on Milestone. Shame, shame, shame...

I don't know what's behind that, it's not really a lot of work to fix the stupid problem. I mean if you test the game, it's very annoying to see they are ****ing unrealistically slow in the fast sections. It's not really a thing you don't spot, at least for 3 consecutive years

I don't know what's behind that, it's not really a lot of work to fix the stupid problem. I mean if you test the game, it's very annoying to see they are ****ing unrealistically slow in the fast sections. It's not really a thing you don't spot, at least for 3 consecutive years
I know man. Just sad, because I'm worried to not get the A.I. balance quite right once again, even with us editing it. Anyways, many thanks for your diligent updates, research etc. Much appreciated.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.