MGP15 MotoGP 15 release date and preorder bonus announced

The release date for MotoGP 15 has been announced, along with the preorder bonuses.

MotoGP fans won't have to wait much longer: Milestone has confirmed that the next installment of the motorcycle racing series will be available on June 19th.

As previously announced, MotoGP 15 will be available on PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, thus carrying some cross-gen bits and pieces along.

The preorder bonus for the title is a pack containing 20 4-stroke bikes and riders that made the history of the last 10 years of MotoGP, like Colin Edwards (on his 2005 Yamaha M1), Sete Gibernau, Casey Stoner, Shinya Nakano and so on. Included in the DLC pack are 18 special events that recreate the highlights of these pilots' careers.

The add-on will also be available on day 1 for the price of 12,99€. While this is far from the worst offender in terms of DLC policy, that doesn't sound very good either.

Are you looking forward to MotoGP 15? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I just read an italian game review. They tried the game in catalunya, I'll try to sum up the main changes:
-Feedback of pad and bike beahviour is improved, you have better responses now
-Major differences between arcade and pros sim mode. Easier to crash if you are too aggressive on some kerbs (I really look forward to this), careful with throttle and in changes of directions too.
Anyway game is not 100% Sim, it would be unplayable.
-Collision system: not many changes from previous version (unfortunately)
-A.I. has been approved! No more riders one behind the other one (like a train).
There are much more different actions that A.I. makes frequently: moves, mistakes, overtakes in braking. They are much less predictable then previous version.
Also, their reactions are improved, but sometimes they still ride into you, causing crashes (not good).
Maybe in the future we'll see real-life behaviours of any single rider, but not this year.
-The changes in career could be interesting (sponsors, contracts, targets).
-Beat the time mode: an update of the classic Attack time mode, it consists of challenges on different tracks comparing real life times.
-Online is up to 12 players (wether in the previous video they said 16 players idk)
-Bike 3d models are fascinating, details are awesome. Shaders are really close to real life now
-Dynamic lighting has improved
-30 fps are stable, game never gets lower then that, not even in slpit screen mode. 1080p for every platform
-Audio is really good (but the problem is that what humas hear is different from recorded sounds).

P.S. who would love to try this? https://instagram.com/p/0XV0GAB4F5/

Anyway game is not 100% Sim, it would be unplayable.
That hardly makes sense.
-Collision system: not many changes from previous version (unfortunately)
naturally.
-A.I. has been approved! No more riders one behind the other one (like a train).
There are much more different actions that A.I. makes frequently: moves, mistakes, overtakes in braking. They are much less predictable then previous version.
Also, their reactions are improved, but sometimes they still ride into you, causing crashes (not good).
A.I. has been improved? Let's see about those mistakes, unpredictability, etc.
Maybe in the future we'll see real-life behaviours of any single rider, but not this year.
LOL.

-The changes in career could be interesting (sponsors, contracts, targets).
That is all they say about a supposed major new feature to the game??

That hardly makes sense.

naturally.

A.I. has been improved? Let's see about those mistakes, unpredictability, etc.

LOL.

That is all they say about a supposed major new feature to the game??
Keep in mind that this isn't really a review, it's just a preview of the review that will be up in a week. Also it's hard to test career if you have only one chance to play it

jaW3eRC.jpg

while in real life first gear is never used (it was really unrealistic).
Did you see Catalunya? I have to retract my own statement, where I said you were partially wrong. Turns out it is entirely wrong. Lorenzo and 85% of the field uses 1st gear all the time in turn 7 or 8 (sorry whichever one is that sharp left-hander that leads you downhill. He does so in Austin and Sepang, Sachsenring and other tracks as well. I also saw a special with Andrea Dovizioso on motogp.com/videopass that is now available online. I will pull it up once I have more time, where he states that the rear brake is essential to his style and again about 85% of the field use the rear brake constantly. It also depends on which turn you approach and with what speed obviously. But, regarding the 1st gear scenario - it is now officially off the table - they use it A LOT!

No, they just use it in the harpins, mainly Honda and Ducati, Yamaha from this year. In the game we are forced to use it even in some high speed corners to gain traction and avoid understeer, which makes the game really wtf
You almost use it every corner

No, they just use it in the harpins, mainly Honda and Ducati, Yamaha from this year. In the game we are forced to use it even in some high speed corners to gain traction and avoid understeer, which makes the game really wtf
You almost use it every corner
First of all, the Catalunya spot for 1st gear is hardly a hairpin. There isn't one at all. It is over 100km/h in 1st gear and it is EVERYBODY. Last time I checked Laverty was on an Aspar bike, not a factory bike. You don't have access to on-board footage with all the new graphics by motogp.com? Got nothing to do with a hairpin, it is down to your preference, and actually mainly about engine mapping and it is certainly not just the three factory teams. In fact, it would be the opposite. A factory bike would allow you to avoid 1st gear, if it is considered a useless gear as you put it. If you would have just watched on-board footage from this weekend you would know this. Until then, you are simply incorrect.

Last edited:
You can watch a live coverage at this link: http://www.twitch.tv/masinivii
Game is much better. Unfortunately the tracks are all the same, some have some new textures and the grass is better. (Qatar still sucks).
On the other hand bikes shaders are great, bike models and riders are awesome!
AI moves more randomly, not more one behind the other. Online seems good but I have to try it.

P.S. The edited a little sepang kerbs (they are particular), so they look better.
In general, all tracks have been tweaked a little, apart from Jerez and Qatar (almost same as 2014)

Last edited:
sorry jonix witch version have you got? i have buyed the pc version the dvd version one hour ago, but is so ridicoulus that i can't istall on pc until thursday 23 cause is related to steam and is blocked so have the phisical and legal copy of the game but cannot play it it's the new era of videogames phua!:speechless:

You can watch a live coverage at this link: http://www.twitch.tv/masinivii
Game is much better. Unfortunately the tracks are all the same, some have some new textures and the grass is better. (Qatar still sucks).
On the other hand bikes shaders are great, bike models and riders are awesome!
AI moves more randomly, not more one behind the other. Online seems good but I have to try it.

P.S. The edited a little sepang kerbs (they are particular), so they look better.
In general, all tracks have been tweaked a little, apart from Jerez and Qatar (almost same as 2014)
Any issues regarding freezing and graphical problems like last year?

I have one question to the guys, who already have the game. Are the race results rich in variety? In MotoGP 14 were always the same drivers on the podium at every track.

Thanks for an answer!

Last edited:
No major bugs until now, what is good is that menu looks less heavy (in Ride and '14 it was slow and heavy to load). Loading tracks isn't really quick, but compared to last year is better.
Online looks good, they have a new architecture this year and they hope to fix the old bugs. Notice that lag doesn't depend on Milestone, but on the host, because online uses a peer to peer system (no servers).
Also the background of the main menu show the bike you use, and the details are really nice to see.

About the results: I can't really say...in MotoGP Rossi,Marquez and Lorenzo dominate the races, but sometimes win one, sometimes the other, other times they are really close with Dovizioso too. But however if we don't like we could always edit the params of race performance ;)

The A.I. seems to be much better, also breaking/throttle points which were off, seem to be alright

Also, about collisions, if you go into the inside line and brake too late, touching the A.I. will ause the A.I. to fall (more realistic than '14, where nobody crashes or it's only player who crashes).
Waiting for full grid DLC

@sagnok I don't understand which version you bought..?Physical or Steam? Because if it's Steam you will have to wait until 23rd

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%