MGP14 MotoGP 14 Modding Questions Thread

certainly better the way the Mod is currently. Suzuki looks nothing like Yamaha, nor does the Aprilia look like a Honda. Where did that come from?? Of course it doesn't look like PBM, but that clearly was the best solution. More importantly are the results and therefore the riders performances and team performances have been adjusted. I just released the 2015 Team Performance Mod.
of course, I only talk for better textures implementation. Your mod is a very good first step

Does anyone have idea how to improve AI difficulty? But I don't mean changing riders' performance or time generation... I have a "maximum" values for a lot of them and I still win...
I mean improve all riders once. :)

I think the problem with the AI is poor programming I doubt it can go notably faster without an extensive rewrite. The line and braking is already totally pathetic, no way it can go as fast as a player.

I also have a question, where are the meshes for the rider's helmets?

Hi all friends!!

A simple question...

Is there any way to change the order of the circuits in career mode? It's boring to run the same circuits in the same order season after season...

Perhaps we can also include Laguna Seca and Donington in career mode...

Thanks in advance for your answers!!

I was interested in it, but I have not looked for this.... until now :)
Well, look up in the data/db folder.
It might be in db_championships, in db_gameenitytracks... maybe db_careerseasons in data/db/career... I don't know, only my suggestions. :)

Last edited:
I was interested in it, but I have not looked for this.... until now :)
Well, look up in the data/db folder.
It might be in db_championships, in db_gameenitytracks... maybe db_careerseasons in data/db/career... I don't know, only my suggestions. :)

I will take a look.. but every help will be appreciated.

It's the last one, which I said. This is a bit bugged, but it works.
I replaced Texas with Qatar and after two races in Qatar, computer counted only first race, but after Argentina - it counted all of races :)

Last edited:
It's the last one, which I said. This is a bit bugged, but it works.
I replaced Texas with Qatar and after two races in Qatar, computer counted only first race, but after Argentina - it counted all of races :)

Good news but, can we change the races during a season? Does the savegame became corrupt? And which tool do you use to edit these bml hell-files?

Thanks in advance for your answers and help.

To edit bml files I use hex editor.
This doesn't affect for the savegame - I mean it works for savegame :)
But remember - always do backup.
I will try to learn if tracks from MotoGP08/MotoGP13 or Superbike 2011 will work with this game :)

To edit bml files I use hex editor.
This doesn't affect for the savegame - I mean it works for savegame :)
But remember - always do backup.
I will try to learn if tracks from MotoGP08/MotoGP13 or Superbike 2011 will work with this game :)

I'm trying with hex editor but it seems to be cryptic... I don't understand it very well...

In other way, are we able to use Laguna Seca and Donington in career mode??

About the savegame I mean that I'm inmersed in career mode, in my second year. If I do changes in the circuits, does my career will continue with no errors?

I replace it when I was after Motegi race and I saw in calendar that there are "two Qatars". And after end of a season, I rode two weekend there, so it works without errors - only with some kind of bugs, what I said :)
About Laguna Seca and Donington - probably yes, if you mean MotoGP14 version of these tracks. Unfortunately I don't have these circuits, so I won't see.
Well, about hex editor... don't changes dots, only letter - so if you have:
...t.e.x.a.s.....
you can change this into:
...q.a.t.a.r.....
You don't have to change amount of signs - it must be constant.

I replace it when I was after Motegi race and I saw in calendar that there are "two Qatars". And after end of a season, I rode two weekend there, so it works without errors - only with some kind of bugs, what I said :)
About Laguna Seca and Donington - probably yes, if you mean MotoGP14 version of these tracks. Unfortunately I don't have these circuits, so I won't see.
Well, about hex editor... don't changes dots, only letter - so if you have:
...t.e.x.a.s.....
you can change this into:
...q.a.t.a.r.....
You don't have to change amount of signs - it must be constant.

It's clear. And what are these bugs?

I have Laguna Seca and Donington wiil be available in 30 of november.

And if I try to add Laguna Seca, which name should I have to use?

Bugs:
Between two races in Qatar, I have no "garage menu" - I have started second weekend immediately.
One bug I wrote before - about points in a standings :)

I don't know about Laguna Seca - I have no this one, we will see what is available soon :)

Bugs:
Between two races in Qatar, I have no "garage menu" - I have started second weekend immediately.
One bug I wrote before - about points in a standings :)

I don't know about Laguna Seca - I have no this one, we will see what is available soon :)

I will try adding Laguna Seca and I will tell you the results...

Other question: And how about the possibility of seasons of more than 18 races? It's possible?

Because you add some signs - it will be difficult to change this short-name track. Try with Indianapolis - if this tag for Laguna Seca is "LagunaSeca", replace:
.I.n.d.i.a.n.a.p.o.l.i.s. to
.L.a.g.u.n.a.s.e.c.a.....

Because you add some signs - it will be difficult to change this short-name track. Try with Indianapolis - if this tag for Laguna Seca is "LagunaSeca", replace:
.I.n.d.i.a.n.a.p.o.l.i.s. to
.L.a.g.u.n.a.s.e.c.a.....

I don't understand you very well... What do you mean? I can't change circuits with different names' length??

If name of circuit, which you want to delete, is shorter than new track - it might be impossible - because it may crash.
If inversely - no problem :)

Definitely, this seems to be a puzzle and the result is not worth. I don't have so much time to spend with these bml hell-files, so I'm going to leave this discussion at this point.

Thanks friend for all of your help and answers!! Good luck!! ;)

Hope that Milestone will add the possibility of edit the seasons in career mode in future versions. This will be so good...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.