Monitor & TV

My preference is also Samsung; especially the newer screens are so beautiful like Sander said. I have the 2693HM, but the 22" versions are the same.
Make sure you get a new model, the older ones have much lower contrast ratio.

• Andreas Mortensen

I use the Dell 2408 (24 inch) I know its not a 22 but if you are to buy a new screen i would recommend a 24 instead of a 22 it made me happy when i changed over from 22 :D

using samsung 2232BW which is fine, but I should have saved for a larger screen, really want to go to 26inch or higher, I've seen some good prices recently.

However I'd say samsung are very reliable, and most have very quick response times. Alot of people have them and are very happy with them.

My second screen is and old Dell Flat Panel, its 8 years old...not one dead pixel, I've got it wet, I've dropped it, puched it, spat beer all over it whilst laughing, its moved house with me many times, and its still going strong.

I use a Samsung 2232BW.

Last weak there is a thin red line (like a laserlight) at the right on my screen.
Samsung gonna pick up the screen at my home and deliver a new one.
But i'm happy with the performence of my sreeen
For me 22" is enough.

Got 2 x Samsung 226BW's here and an Iiyama 2201W ... BUUUUUUT ... I really whole heartedly recommend the Iiyama Prolite 2201W over the Samsung.
(new model)

The Samsungs are pretty piano black, but that prettyness is rubbish as it reflects background light and can be annoying/distracting. The screen itself is retina burning material ... you can adjust it, but every time I use my laptop with the Iiyama connected to it, I fall in love with it all over again. Its so much more capable of all things not just gaming.
(I have compared the two directly in dual view, and the Iiyama wipes the floor with the Samsung!!)

Go Iiyama I say ... for me its a much more capable monitor, faster, sharper, with far better backlighting and colour reproduction :good:

www.iiyama.com

Playing pc games on my TV?

Ok so I've got a new PC on the way and I'm planning on hooking it up to the TV occasionally.
Specs of my PC:
Asus P5QL Pro Intel P43
Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66ghz
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4670 512MB
2gb RAM
160gb hdd + 500gb ext hdd

TV
Sony KDL32V4000

Would I be right in saying all I need to do to hook it up is use a HDMI to DVI cable?
HDMI into TV, DVI into PC???
Also I'm assuming it should all run ok on those specs?

All help is appreciated.

Edit - If it helps, games to be played will be GTR Evo, Richard burns rally and rFactor.

Hi Lewis,

That PC will run fine with that TV, HDMI or DVI would be ok.
Bet you can't wait! I play on a 32" HDTV and love it!

Edit: Just noticed it doesn't have DVI but just use the DVI to VGA converter that came with your graphics card.

Just HDMI should be ok, Your card does have a DVI output doesn't it?

This adapter is what I mean by DVI>VGA
397298_27397517_o.jpg

i have a 37" viera plasma downstairs i use occationally. works fine in at vga or using the little tv out dimm to RGB. not a lot to choose between them. still think it looked better when we had lcd but she wouldnt listen :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back