GRID 2 Modding Questions

I downloaded the existing Cockpit cam mod to learn how to add a roofcam. My train of thought being that with the low res interiors, the roofcam would provide a good midcar view to tell if your sliding and still be able to time apex's as you would from incar.

I actually quite like the work that's already been done to add the extra 3 cameras. (1. drivers side bonnet, plus 2 incar).

I started with the existing set, added my roofcam, then moved on to the cars as I unlocked them.

I currently have 18 cars complete, with 7 more updated to roof only (no incar added yet).

so 2 questions.
1. is there a community interest in the roofcam ? because if not, ill just finish the roofcams on my own, and use them for personal use
2. is anyone interested in assisting with this project? its taking about 20 minutes per car to test and debug.

I understand that someone is already working on the incars, but the production speed is low. Im quite sure they don't have the kind of free time I have. But their work is excellent. So no offense to them whatsoever. But if I had backup, theres no reason this cant be 100% by the weekend.

JB
grid.jpg

grid2.jpg
grid3.jpg
grid4.jpg

Your work looks incredibly good & I would definately like to try these out. The panoramic wide FOV cockpit view is excellent but is it for a single monitor though, all I have sadly. I also like your bonnet view offset, looks great.

At the moment unfortunately I have very little free time between shift work, study and a 6 month old baby but I would encourage you strongly to continue as I have tried all the other cams and there is certainly room for your excellent set.

Hopefully get to try your cam set out soon. cheers mate, blanes.

i'm wondering if its possible to have the mini map on the left of screen and the tachometer/gear indicator on the right moved further towards the center of the screen ??

Very nice :)
But ...
... when I put the files of SweetFX in my GRID2 directory. and GRID2 start, the monitor remains black, but game is running, I can hear the sound.
If you know the problem?

You need to be on the alpha channel only. Turn off the other layers.

The add to the alpha channel what you have added to the texture file.

So in other words the Bosch sunstrip needs to be in white on the alpha channel.

I'm a nerd.
I edit the wrong car :O_o: :D
Working on cars that are not yet unlocked in the game for me, but drive with DLC cars - huge misfire in the brain.
For testing, I used the Golf R to see where the fault lies and behold .......
glassbosch001.png

Am I right in assuming that the additional cars from GTR Racing Pack, Head Start Pack, Indy Car Pack & McLaren Racing Pack are as .nef files in GRID 2 and are not editable?

dlcfiles001.png

Very nice :)
But ...
... when I put the files of SweetFX in my GRID2 directory. and GRID2 start, the monitor remains black, but game is running, I can hear the sound.
If you know the problem?

Hi

SweetFX 1.4/1.5 is working for me .I have nothing changed in the files. Simply download, unzip and copy .

Nvidia 580
Nvidia Driver 314.22

Sweet FX 1.5 might have some Problems with Grid 2 and Nvidia Cars ?!?
Have you testet 1.4 ?

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/sweetfx_shader_suite_download,5.html

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4581604&postcount=528

Update 2013-06-01 :
  • Fixed compatibility issues (Grid 2, Dota2...) :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/55w1kcn99k4nths/Swfx_Injector_20130601.zip

i tested your last link now! THX

No, the same problem, but it is not so bad, I use RadeonPro, since I can also use your SweetFX settings :) :)

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 32 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 84 32.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 150 58.1%