GRID 2 Modding Questions

I'm just Curious, Because of all this annoying hate towards the missing Cockpit view.

Question: Don't you think it will be possible to create some kind of Cockpit view as a mod for the PC version ?..
It probably demands a very creative thought to do it, but Camera placement and maybe a texture with transparent view to simulate the view out of the window, could do the trick ( like with looking out through a helmet )

I'm just wondering, :o)

Gran Turismo did something similar to the standard cars, and that works fine..

We'd all love that :) But is there anyone out there willing and capable of producing high-detailed cockpits (including movable parts such as a steering wheel) for a ton of cars? Even then I wouldn't know if it'd be compatible online. Maybe an experienced modder can help us out!

Just got the game. There seems to be textures, and models for the interiors. So maybe if we can get the proper changes done to the cameras.xml file we can enable an interior view.

EDIT: I just did a test. I can confirm interior view works. The textures look awful though.

2013052700001u.jpg

Edit2:
I think the cockpit view can be improved immensely. The screen you see there was just a quick try, and the reason for the blur is because of the camera settings that I copy/pasted straight from the original grid.

Ryder25 You're a legend, haha!

I'm waiting for the people on the CM forums to go into full rage mode now and say ''butt if codmastr did cockpit already y cant we dirve it''

I'd assume that these low-res cockpit models with low-res textures are in the gamefiles because when the car is displayed in the menu, we can see it through the windows?

There seems to be a blurring effect, though. Maybe to cover up the low-res textures. If, in the enormously awesome case, someone would manage to create a highly detailed version of the cockpit.. I think that creating a moving steering wheel isn't possible?

What do you reckon?

BTW: Suppose, everything would come together and we'd end up with a working and presentable cockpit-view in the future, we'll call it a RaceDepartment exclusive, eh? :D

I'm sure once everyone gets their hands on the game, they'll be working on making a solid cockpit mod. That's probably the first thing on people's minds in terms of mod. The picture is just for demonstration purposes, but I believe it can be made waaay better.

I think the cockpit view can be improved immensely. The screen you see there was just a quick try, and the reason for the blur is because of the camera settings that I copy/pasted straight from the original grid.

Just got the game. There seems to be textures, and models for the interiors. So maybe if we can get the proper changes done to the cameras.xml file we can enable an interior view.

EDIT: I just did a test. I can confirm interior view works. The textures look awful though.

2013052700001u.jpg

Edit2:

can u please post the " cameras.xml " file or upload it somewhere, cause due to hard disk space and internet speed i will not download grid 1 (eu release 31rst ) from the bonus pack
or will probably gift it away. so on which file on grid 2 folders do we replace it to ?
also , will u please test if it works on multi ?
regards, thanks in advance

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 8.0%
  • < 5 years