GRID 2 Modding Questions

Hi guys, this game looks great! but has more potential in the physics and ffb department. Please do mod the hell out of their physics! and also the sound balancing in car for the existing in car cockpit view are a bit off. maybe some sound mods would be great too. Looking forward to making this game perfect as codemasters should have done in the first place.

Luckris.... you can do this easily... change the attribute in the xml file for hidden="false" to hidden="true" for each camera you don't want to use.

Of course this assumes you have the ability to change the xml to binary first and back again once edited....loads of stuff/utilities available to do this on here.

You have to this for each car too :), although you could write a script to do it for you I guess.

Hi all, great work on the cockpit mod. In GRID 1, I used to play with the roofcam mod, is it possible to make one for GRID 2? I had a look but could not see how to make changes this time. Seems you know how to? Any help would be much appreciated!

Does any one know how to get to the cam files for the DLC cars:

Headstart Pack (DLC)
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 GT

McLaren Racing Pack (DLC)
McLaren MP4-12C GT3

GTR Racing Pack (DLC)
Nissan GT-R Spec V

IndyCar Pack (DLC)
Dallara Indycar

Hi, guys :)
It would be awesome, if someone can fix or change the handling of GRID 2 cars completly.
I hate the tendency to drift.
Hope that is possible.

Also it would be cool, if someone can make some graphic mods like improved textures, enhanced effects etc.

i can help with the textures, if i would know how to extract and where to find the right textures.

greetings
FreeZatE

I fixed this thing. I edited some cars and is possible to remove totally the tendency to drift.
Now i have find an excellent handling and realism (I think it uses the same engine of F1 2010/11/12).
The problem is SAVEGAME!!
I think grid2.exe have some checksum for modded files and is impossible to continue career.. it dont save progress!

Anyone have solution tell me.

Hello guys. So, yeah... Downloaded Grid 2 Cockpit Camera Mod (Grid 2 Modders Camers v12) and it doesn't work. I can change camera to default but I cannot change to modded cameras. Any help?

Paul Walker
Nissan GT-R Spec V (not sure with that) try it pls
GRID 2\cars\gtr

sorry dont know the other.
can´t find the correct folders.

you have to try cameras.xml in the folders, which you don´t know to which car it belongs.
make a back up, edit the cameras.xml and look, if it has an effect in game.
than try the next folders.

Hope, I help you

FreeZatE

I think the files for DLC cars are in GRID 2/download folder.
The problem is that those are packed in one .nefs file for each car and i still couldn't figure out how to unpack them.

How do I add custom liveries? I've seen people do it but I'm not sure how

Here's an example
uuQWCl3.jpg

Hello everyone,

can we remove the sponsors of all cars? is that someone can address this issue? ......

Thank you all for your replies ...... ;)

Sorry for my broken English :unsure:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 105 69.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 39 25.7%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 30 19.7%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 32 21.1%
  • No 3pa registration pages