GRID 2 Modding Questions

narkohol - Hi thanks for pointing out the tool... but how do I get TrackIR working with it? Any tips?

I have been adding the head-cam / head-cam_reverse section manually from a 'Dirt 3' car to the cars in GRID 2 as it has some acceleration based shaking already there, which is enough for me... @ 40 degrees fov which seem right for triple screens... and tweaking the x,y and z axis accordingly and getting rid of blurriness too.

Also, along with head-cam & head-cam_reverse I have been adding 2 more 'Bonnet' cams... one for LHD and one for RHD, both fractionally lower as I can't stand racing from the middle of the car (apart from the MP4-12c that is)

I'm happy to upload them all once completed, but my USA VPN bandwidth ran out last night, so have wait until the game is reactivated in the UK to continue my progress.

Any tips on getting TrackIR working alongside it would be appreciated though :)

My TrackIR 5 just worked right out when using an interior "head camera" view as all the previous CM games.

I didn't do anything special at all besides loading the TrackIR software before launching the game.

Try my file and see if your TrackIR works ok with it.

Please could you send me a link to your file... or put it in the mods resource... you have been modded!

EDIT.... yup... Game is activated now and TIR works with my files too... I just didn't have it fired up yesterday :)

If just someone can come up with a proper list of correspondant cars/game folders it will be of a great help.

I am going to try to edit the tyre grip for more realism and the other cars cameras, but without a proper list it is going to be a pain in the a$$...

I'll try to help... I'll post a list of the 3 letter car names in another thread, it will be useful going forward.... we can fill it in as people contribute

Good find,.... just spent the last 30 mins creating that list DOH!

Here's my progress so far ... for triple screens and 4 extra views - Head cam, Head cam reverse, LHD Bonnet cam and RHD Bonnet cam

I'm working though the cars currently and have the Sylvia, Mustang Mach Turbo and Giulietta done so far

.... Sylvia finished....:

Not sure if its possible to do but can we get rid of that hideous sunshine that ruins basically every CM game for me? Everything looks very very good under normal conditions but when the sun comes around the corner and blinds and disorientates you the fun is over.

Rear view mirror is needed for online badly with bonnet cam, please say it's possible. Game is very very fun online but this is a deal breaker for me for longevity, too hard to know where people are

hello everyone i am new here but i have been doing some texture mods for some older ego engine games an im trying to do one for grid 2, im trying to replace some sponsors but im getting a bug, check out the screeshot
bugy.jpg

the image is the retaks logo on the car it is saved as DXT3 ARGB 8 bpp | explicit alpha with a resolution of 400x140
does anyone knows how to fix this?

I have a mod request and have tried to alter the icon files myself with no luck. Fanatec wheels have xbox button illumination on the pc however in game the buttons are shows as numbers. Is there anyway to mod the so that the fanatec wheels have the xbox icons matched to the proper buttons on the wheel ? I believe a mod for Grid 2 would be easy to adapt for other codemasters games as well. I would be happy to do the work if someone could at least point me to the right direction. I have only managed to break things when I try to achieve this.

Hello all, thank for the work about the interior cam.
I want to put your attention on another issue very frustrating to me :
When the team guy is speaking the sound of the car is quieter.
When it's happening in a tight turn it make me miss the grip/drift threshold (same problem when changing gears based on sound)
I tried to turn down the speech volume but it change nothing to the diminution of the car sound and by the way i couldn't hear what the guy is saying anymore.
I tried put "dynamic range" on high or normal and it doesn't change much things.

I want (if possible) to have no volume diminution at all when the guy speak.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back