Modding Questions Thread

Does anybody find anyware the driver body mesh for F1 2012? I found the Steering Wheels, cars, tracks, but nowhere the driver body, hands or gloves. Please anyone can help on that?

Does anybody find anyware the driver body mesh for F1 2012? I found the Steering Wheels, cars, tracks, but nowhere the driver body, hands or gloves. Please anyone can help on that?

Gloves are in the helmet texture, in characters/models folder are the files (hightx_xxxx) with the face, cloth, helmet (there its the gloves), etc. This files are when the driver its out the car!

The files in car/team/livery_00 or 01 are the helmets (with the gloves) and cloth, when the drivers are in the car!

I have search over F1 2012\characters\models\driver_model.pssg and looks like the mesh of the driver. Also file size says that thats maybe the file. But 3DSimED opened but nothing in it..... Please help.....

Any ideas?????

I've been messing around with the cameras lately trying to get the ideal view for my setup.
I just had this idea for a useful program. I'm going to start working on it myself but I figured I'd post the idea here and if someone with better coding skills wants to use it well then go for it.

basically, the program will show you a screenshot of your default cockpit view and it will have some text boxes with the camera position values, fov, and a few other useful parameters from cameras.xml.

Then, when you edit the numbers, say position for an easy example, it will update the screenshot accordingly (possibly by scaling the image size to 'simulate' the different camera position, or maybe using a screenshot database with different values for say 0.1, 0.2, 0.3 on the x y z of cam position).

I haven't put too much thought into it yet but it definitely seems doable.

Ill be sure to post it up if I get a working version.

Mod edit: The modding programs sticky thread seems like a better place to post this info/idea. Thread moved.
Graham Laing

(Translated from French)

Hello,
Can someone tell me how to remove a team (HRT)?
I find nothing in the database.
Thank you very much!

EDIT :
ok I found in the previous pages, thank you ^ ^
So I deleted HRT, but my backup is corrupt.

With the old database, the problem disappears.
Apparently I'm destined to lose my backup if I want to use my new database: (

Ho do you edit driver names? I thought you do this inside the database file but the 2013 mods have the old 2012 names in there (f1drivers column etc). So how do you change them?

Hey, I updated my game for 2013! So I removed HRT! So I have only 22 cars on grid. My problem now is the qualifying, because of removing hrt I have to become 15 in q1 and q3 is not top 10, its top 8!
So somebody know where i can change this in database?
BUMP ! I want to know the exact same thing lol. But still no one that knows where to adjust Qualify drop off ?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.