Modding Questions Thread

Program Files -> f1 2012 -> characters -> models then replace the corresponding files.

eg If you were updating Charles Pics gloves then you would replace the "higbody_glovescharles_pic.pssg" file.

Thanks, what editor do I need to open this type of file? Pssg editor shows nothing with no option to export.

I changed Schumacher and Alonso in database. Changed their helmets and suits in car, livery folders. Changed helmet and suits in higtxt files. I still have Mercedes sponsors on schumi and Ferrari on Alonso. When I try to change those parts in higtxt it shows some overlaping. It overlaps puma over ferrari logo on gloves of Schumacher. Is this possible to fix only with photoshop(or any similar program) or it can be changed using only Ryders programs? Thanks for help everyone.

Thanks, what editor do I need to open this type of file? Pssg editor shows nothing with no option to export.

Download Ryder's pssg editor, then open the pssg file that you want to edit... By the way, that is all I know. I'm trying to figure out how to edit the livery..

Could anyone give a brief tutorial on which files need changing to update driver suits and gloves please? Any models available?

The gloves are contained in both the higtxt (driver name) and livery files within the car teams.

They are in both cases in the helmet file.

You cannot open some of the pssg files....if it shows nothing to export, then there isn't anything there in a texture format that can be opened as yet.

I am trying to find where the models of the Helmets/Cars are in F1 2012 folder as i want to load them up into 3DSimed so i can create my own liveries but every time i import a pssg file into 3DSimed it just shows a empty screen with no model and as to why i have come on here to ask for some advice.

Hello Everyone,

I recently just started going through the language file, changing the 2012 season to 2009 season. This was just an idea I had, but I am currently about 1/5th through the editing. I was also thinking about the issue of the number of teams. If the this did end up as being an entire season mod, then which teams would change? Here is what I was thinking...

Red Bull -> Red Bull
Mclaren -> Mclaren
Ferrari -> Ferrari
Lotus -> Renault
Mercedes -> Brawn
Sauber -> BMW Sauber
Marussia -> Toyota
Toro Rosso -> Toro Rosso
Williams -> Williams
Force India -> Force India

That then leaves two free teams, any ideas on what they could be converted to?

I'll keep going with the language file, even though I am sure there are people who are a lot faster than me! If anyone would be willing to help put together this kind of a mod, then please contact me, and maybe, just maybe we can piece together one of the best formula one seasons of the 21st century.

Also, please let me know whether you like the sound of this or not ;)

Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me here...

Does anyone know how to view replay data from the AI? I'd love to be able to switch cars during the replay, so I can see the perspective of the guy behind me. Or if someone back in the pack had a big accident during the race that I didn't get to witness, it'd be fun to be able to watch the replay from another car to see what kind of trouble they get into :p

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you!!

Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me here...

Does anyone know how to view replay data from the AI? I'd love to be able to switch cars during the replay, so I can see the perspective of the guy behind me. Or if someone back in the pack had a big accident during the race that I didn't get to witness, it'd be fun to be able to watch the replay from another car to see what kind of trouble they get into :p

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you!!
It's Impossible as the CM Game didn't have that kind of option to Mod

I'm trying to edit the language file to 2005, I've done everything, but I'm replacing Nico Hulkenburg with Ralf Schumacher, and Nico Rosberg with Anthony Davidson, but they keep on sharing the same first name. eg Anthony Schumacher or Ralf Davidson..... Why is this?

I see in somewhere that in australian gp 2013 will be super soft tyres, so where i cna find that information? Or what other track have the tyres ready?

Thanks for any reply :D

I find how take out the speaked name, for example when you use maldonado, the team will not say "Pitstop for Senna", they will not say nothing; just set "0" in "audio_key_driver_number" and "driver voice" in f1drivers from database.

Somebody know how we can change races calendar? like 2013 season

I find how take out the speaked name, for example when you use maldonado, the team will not say "Pitstop for Senna", they will not say nothing; just set "0" in "audio_key_driver_number" and "driver voice" in f1drivers from database.

Somebody know how we can change races calendar? like 2013 season
Oh fine thanks for the Audio info:thumbsup:

help please :(

i have installed the FB 138 flat nose mod (http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/microdownloads/ferrari-f138-with-flat-nose.717/viewfile) but i dont liked it very much so i put the ferrari UPS skin, and this is the result:

xOXKO8J.jpg

i tried restoring all files in FB 138 flat nose mod but nothing changed :/

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes