Modding Questions Thread

The helmet model for the pitcrew is a seperate object, I can seperate the pitcreew and leave just the helmet, and skin it, but it still has to be skinned from the pitcrew pssg file.

I have previously tried skinning it with a drivers helmet, but no matter what scripts etc I threw at it, the texture wouldn't apply correctly.
Oh Man... That s....
At least is another object, i thought it was (racedriver - human) (racedriver - helmetman) lol.
I know what you mean about the pssg. Guess the texture map is different too.
Would be cool if works... CM needs to let this game more "open" ;)

EDIT: I mean racecrew not racedriver

Oh Man... That s....
At least is another object, i thought it was (racedriver - human) (racedriver - helmetman) lol.
I know what you mean about the pssg. Guess the texture map is different too.
Would be cool if works... CM needs to let this game more "open" ;)

I think that game series is wide open if you compare to other titles, race driver or really different games

How to achieve more stability with the car, like in f1 2011? in 2012 its easy to spin out, when going over kerbs and accelerating , the problem is i play with keyboard and that's why this happens often! i need f1 2011 car stabillity in corners, I have never spun out in f1 2011. can it be modified with rydler's ctf editor?

is there a way via changing model mesh files to have the non-winged helmet model become the winged version?

At the moment we cannot re-import altered models back into the game.

If someone is clever enough and if it's possible ( I don't know as I haven't looked yet) it may be possible to point the the code needed to do this at a different existing file.

EDIT:

Just out of curiosity, have you tried changing all the drivers fins too "1" within the database?

Also if you are meaning the non fin helmets that are in the cutscenes .......they are predetermined animations from what I understand, so the fin or non fin helmet I think the coding would be within the "anims" file within the characters folder.

On the topic of helmets.......is it just me that is really bothered by the pure white visor in replays when using a career helmet?

I have 2 questions:
  1. How can I completely get rid of all helmet movement in the HEAD CAM section of the camera file? There are so many values in there, I could get lost for hours!
  2. Is there any way to completely remove the steering wheel/driver hands in the same view? Honestly, I'd settle for a static wheel at this point as well.
Thanks for your help guys!

At the moment we cannot re-import altered models back into the game.

If someone is clever enough and if it's possible ( I don't know as I haven't looked yet) it may be possible to point the the code needed to do this at a different existing file.

EDIT:

Just out of curiosity, have you tried changing all the drivers fins too "1" within the database?

Also if you are meaning the non fin helmets that are in the cutscenes .......they are predetermined animations from what I understand, so the fin or non fin helmet I think the coding would be within the "anims" file within the characters folder.

thank you for the reply, and yes in the database i changed every driver to have "1" in the wing column in the f1helmets tab in the database, so guys that race with schuberth helmets like schumi, alonso have wings, which go against the helmet style, but still my career driver fails to have one, and i would like to have it while driving, i understand it is very difficult to get it working for cinematics like celebrations etc, i suspect i need to restart my career or something, i'am desperate to have a proper looking arai helmet in a mclaren, the wing appears in situations like champions mode but fails in career mode

Yeah, I'd like to achieve that, but without sacrificing graphics quality.
You can try to change the camera you want. Lets say the cockpit camera.
Then search for View type=Head
Then change:
<Parameter name="highResInterior" type="bool" value="true" />
<Parameter name="DisableDriverHead" type="bool" value="true" />
<Parameter name="DisableDriver" type="bool" value="false" />
<Parameter name="DisableCoDriver" type="bool" value="true" />

Change them to false, probably the highResInterior would be better true, but you can try to change to true the disableDriver. :)

Help please.

I'm trying to make a victory lap. (I feel the race end is too short). Everything works fine with time after race and staying in T-cam view but I can't get rid of the 'race stats' that comes up after the finish line.:cry:
vic.jpg

You can try to change the camera you want. Lets say the cockpit camera.
Then search for View type=Head
Then change:
<Parameter name="highResInterior" type="bool" value="true" />
<Parameter name="DisableDriverHead" type="bool" value="true" />
<Parameter name="DisableDriver" type="bool" value="false" />
<Parameter name="DisableCoDriver" type="bool" value="true" />

Change them to false, probably the highResInterior would be better true, but you can try to change to true the disableDriver. :)

Ok, I tried changing the DisableDriver to "true", but it seemed to have no effect. Very odd.

Any other thoughts?

BTW, I have the camera movement and position completely dialed in now :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.