Modding Questions Thread

Guys, could someone help me, I would start making my own helmets and cars, but need the name of the program you use to demonstrate the work done before putting the game to run.

Thanks!!

Quick question about CTF files... If I copy all the values in Ferrari's ctf (fe2.ctf) into Torro Rosso's ctf(tr2.ctf). Will the Torro Rosso already perform like the Ferrari? Or is there something else I need to tweak?

I understand that the engine name and tyre wear level is in the database>f1_teams. But is there anything else?

thanks.

Hello,

I have the problem, i will change the driver Bruno Senna for Karun Chandhok with the Ryder Database Editor but when i go in the menü i see only Bruno Senna why? And when i will change the engiendpower so from 750 to 870 it don`t works. I want to create a Receseries with car they can Drive 15000000 like the Ariane 5 but it dont work why? When you need this to help me my game is on German.

Hello,

I have the problem, i will change the driver Bruno Senna for Karun Chandhok with the Ryder Database Editor but when i go in the menü i see only Bruno Senna why? And when i will change the engiendpower so from 750 to 870 it don`t works. I want to create a Receseries with car they can Drive 15000000 like the Ariane 5 but it dont work why? When you need this to help me my game is on German.

Was aleready asked today or yesterday... See through the forum ;) Dont edit it with databs but with the language file

I was toying with the various files for F1 2012, and decided to take a crack at adding a 13th team.. It was a long process going through the various files and such.. I had to create a new player profile for the game to load properly, and had the new team selectable within the game itself.. Everything seemed ok until moments before the pre-race cinematics.. The game crashes every time.. I've not given up, but thought I'd share that I'm working on it.. :)

Hi, does anyone know how to increase the duration of KERS failures?

Because IRL their KERS can fail and then not work for the rest of the race.

Any clues?

Hy, I want change the intro video, and I have the new one in mp4. I use the RAD video Tools to convert to bik, but in the game has no sound. How can I fix this problem? I tried everithing.

solved, the problems was the track is-s

Quick question about CTF files... If I copy all the values in Ferrari's ctf (fe2.ctf) into Torro Rosso's ctf(tr2.ctf). Will the Torro Rosso already perform like the Ferrari? Or is there something else I need to tweak?

I understand that the engine name and tyre wear level is in the database>f1_teams. But is there anything else?

thanks.

OK, I copied the values from the Ferrari's fe2.ctf and track specific ctf into the Torro Rosso's ctf files. The Torro Rosso improved in performance, but its still not as fast as the Ferrari.

What else do I need to tweak to make the Torro Rosso drive like a Ferrari?

What about in the database.bin file?
in the ai_engine_power_per_tier the power at each tier level is 10 (bhp?) less for Toro rosso. I have not actually tried changing this, but I assume it would make a difference - worth a look anyway.

What about in the database.bin file?
in the ai_engine_power_per_tier the power at each tier level is 10 (bhp?) less for Toro rosso. I have not actually tried changing this, but I assume it would make a difference - worth a look anyway.

Thanks.

I tried your advice. I think it gave a 2 to 4 tenths. I have not done enough tests to confirm if the tweak helped or my driving just improved as I get used to the track.

My STR is now as fast as the Ferrari. I made a critical mistake yesterday. I pasted the edited track ctf in the wrong folder. pasting it on the correct folder gave me my desired results

Here's all I've done so far...

1. copied all ctf values(car and track) from Ferrari to STR
2. tweaked ai_engine_power_per_tier to make STR same as Ferrari horsepower
3. tweaked f1teams changed base objective to 1, pitstop ranges copied Ferrari, tyre wear copied Ferrari, tier to 1, virtual performance copied Ferrari.

No, i think he is meanuing this cam, which was already in the request thread:
Tcam.jpg

this cam is a myth :(

Hi Guys, i have a question about helmet design.
I'm really begniner in photoshop so, i saw a post about my problem, but, i don't know how to make it on my photoshop.
I've designed a helmet based on the Vettel Shangai helmet, but when i play with, the visor seems lightnened
I don't know how to explain more clearly, i'm not good enough in english, i always try to do my best...
Thank you for your help!

Hello RD-Community,

in the Career I am driving for Ferrari. The helmet I am using (I downloaded it here) has a fin, but ingame it does NOT have a fin...
How can i turn it on?

Thank you,
Seby

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 43 12.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 36 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 43 12.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 41 11.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 120 34.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 204 59.3%