Modding Questions Thread

Hello !
I installed the 2013 season mod on my F1 2012 game,
but I've lost Europe Valencia track, do someone know how I could have it again ?
Not for the career mod, I'll love to have the possibility to choose Valencia in a quick race.
Thanks !

Hello !
but I've lost Europe Valencia track, do someone know how I could have it again ?
Not for the career mod, I'll love to have the possibility to choose Valencia in a quick race.
Thanks !
That's because in 2013 mod,Valencia has been removed,just like the HRT,but sorry,I don't know how to help you

Hello !
Thanks !

Open the database > track_model table
there's a show_in_track_select_menu column

check the box for Valencia :thumbsup:

can you please tell me how to change Nationality to the drivers?

Go to your f1 2012 directory.
Then go to the folder "database".
Open the database.
If you cant, you havent got the program for it:
http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/ccount/click.php?id=26

Now you should be able to open it. Go to "f1_drivers" and to the nationality row. You can see each driver, they have in that coloums are numbers. These are ids. Each id is for one country. I think 4 was for germany for example.

To look the id/natinaitys up, go instead of f1_drivers to natinalities. There you can see each id for each country.

Now go to the f1_driver thingy and change the id to the id of the country of your choice for the driver of your choice. Save, make a backup first and test it. You maybe have to make a new profile,the other could be "corrupt". If you want to play with the old, make the backup database instead of your version in the game and play with your old profile.

My question is for I want to change the Soft (yellow) + Super soft tyre compounds to MEDIUM (white) + Super Soft for Singapore. Which database entries (if any) should I edit and how? Thanks.

Edit entry: Solved it (only visually) by replacing the second line of the last xml code body in:

f1 2012\cars\render_materials.xml

For Singapore 2013 only: make sure to backup your original render_materials.xml file before editing it so you can restore it after a Quick Race or Career weekend in Singapore 2013 mods:

<tyre_wall_colours>
<tyre_wall tread="SUPS" red="0.388" green="0.011" blue="0.005" alpha="1"/>
<tyre_wall tread="SOFS" red="0.789" green="0.789" blue="0.789" alpha="1"/>
<tyre_wall tread="MEDS" red="0.789" green="0.789" blue="0.789" alpha="1"/>
<tyre_wall tread="HARS" red="0.958" green="0.061" blue="0.020" alpha="1" />
<tyre_wall tread="INTS" red="0.03" green="0.3" blue="0.0" alpha="0"/>
<tyre_wall tread="WETS" red="0.025" green="0.096" blue="0.358" alpha="0"/>
</tyre_wall_colours>

Same color values as for the MEDS entries (simple copy & paste of values).

No database editing required.

Last edited:
Go to your f1 2012 directory.
Then go to the folder "database".
Open the database.
If you cant, you havent got the program for it:
http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/ccount/click.php?id=26

Now you should be able to open it. Go to "f1_drivers" and to the nationality row. You can see each driver, they have in that coloums are numbers. These are ids. Each id is for one country. I think 4 was for germany for example.

To look the id/natinaitys up, go instead of f1_drivers to natinalities. There you can see each id for each country.

Now go to the f1_driver thingy and change the id to the id of the country of your choice for the driver of your choice. Save, make a backup first and test it. You maybe have to make a new profile,the other could be "corrupt". If you want to play with the old, make the backup database instead of your version in the game and play with your old profile.

Thank you so much! I owe you,mate!:D

Always me guys :D
Just a question:
-It's possible to add another team to the 12 already in the game?
Sorry for my english :D

In theory, yes.

Should be similar to deleting a team.

BUT its very much work, not worth it PLUS some talented guys treid it, a 12th but it didnt work properly. So i would say it isnt possible.

Sorry guys,I've been really annoyng these days for you.
Another Question:
-How can I change the chassis of a car?
I want to change the HRT chassis to the Mclaren one

Sorry guys,I've been really annoyng these days for you.
Another Question:
-How can I change the chassis of a car?
I want to change the HRT chassis to the Mclaren one

Its easily possible.

But before i tell you, why do you want that? Online will be impossible, also just the model will change, the texture/livery wont match anymore.

If you want it because you have a second livery for the mclaren, do this:

First, make a backup of the HRT in the cars folder (cars/hr2 -> backup this folder)
Then copy the whole mclaren folder but the track and balanced files (they are for the speed etc. If you want the McLaren as fast as the normal Mc, copy both folders, too).

Now rename the copied folder to: hr2.

All data inside this folder you have to rename all mc2... things to hr2... things.

Now overwrite the original hr2 folder, which you backupped first.
If you want the old HRT helmets, dont overwrite the livery_00 and the livery_01 folder, they are for the helmets.

the only thing you still has to do:

Go to: F12012/interiors/hr2 -> backup this folder
Now go to the mc2 folder in the interior thing and do the same procedure as told above with the cars.

The interior is for the steering wheel.
If you dont do the last steps, you will have a wrong driver and a wrong steering wheel position.

Greetz

Its easily possible.

But before i tell you, why do you want that? Online will be impossible, also just the model will change, the texture/livery wont match anymore.

If you want it because you have a second livery for the mclaren, do this:

First, make a backup of the HRT in the cars folder (cars/hr2 -> backup this folder)
Then copy the whole mclaren folder but the track and balanced files (they are for the speed etc. If you want the McLaren as fast as the normal Mc, copy both folders, too).

Now rename the copied folder to: hr2.

All data inside this folder you have to rename all mc2... things to hr2... things.

Now overwrite the original hr2 folder, which you backupped first.
If you want the old HRT helmets, dont overwrite the livery_00 and the livery_01 folder, they are for the helmets.

the only thing you still has to do:

Go to: F12012/interiors/hr2 -> backup this folder
Now go to the mc2 folder in the interior thing and do the same procedure as told above with the cars.

The interior is for the steering wheel.
If you dont do the last steps, you will have a wrong driver and a wrong steering wheel position.

Greetz
Thanks a lot man,but there's 4 problems:
1-The driver suit in the cutscenes is white
2-The driver is bigger than the cockpit
3-I can't see the helmet when I use the onboard cameras
4-The suit when I'm on track keeps Lagging
Do you know how to solve this issues?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot man,but there's 4 problems:
1-The driver suit in the cutscenes is white
2-The driver is bigger than the cockpit
3-I can't see the helmet when I use the onboard cameras
4-The suit when I'm on track keeps Lagging
Do you know how to solve this issues?

1-The driver suit in the cutscenes is white -> Go to F1 2012/characters/models. There are a few files. Search for: hightxt_lewis_hamilton -> copy it. Search for hightxt_jenson_button -> copy it. Rename both to the drivers of HRT (hightxt_pedro_delarosa and hightxt_narain_karthikeyan) Replace them, but backup first. These files are for the cutscenes.

2-The driver is bigger than the cockpit -> You might have done a mistake with replacing the car files or replacing the wheel files. Have you done the wheel things? I dont know the exactly file which was for the driver/helmet/wheel position, so just play in your backups and try it again

3-I can't see the helmet when I use the onboard cameras -> same as 2

4-The suit when I'm on track keeps Lagging -> Never heard of that, sorry :/

1-The driver suit in the cutscenes is white -> Go to F1 2012/characters/models. There are a few files. Search for: hightxt_lewis_hamilton -> copy it. Search for hightxt_jenson_button -> copy it. Rename both to the drivers of HRT (hightxt_pedro_delarosa and hightxt_narain_karthikeyan) Replace them, but backup first. These files are for the cutscenes.

2-The driver is bigger than the cockpit -> You might have done a mistake with replacing the car files or replacing the wheel files. Have you done the wheel things? I dont know the exactly file which was for the driver/helmet/wheel position, so just play in your backups and try it again

3-I can't see the helmet when I use the onboard cameras -> same as 2

4-The suit when I'm on track keeps Lagging -> Never heard of that, sorry :/
Ok thanks a lot again :D
Other 2 things:
1-I want this new HRT to start from the best places of the grid,what did I have to change in the database for do that?
2-How can I change the photos of the drivers and the team logos?

Ok thanks a lot again :D
Other 2 things:
1-I want this new HRT to start from the best places of the grid,what did I have to change in the database for do that?
2-How can I change the photos of the drivers and the team logos?

1-I want this new HRT to start from the best places of the grid,what did I have to change in the database for do that? -> F1 2012/database -> backup it. YOu should know how to open it know ;) So, open it. Go to: f1_drivers then search in it for: fake_qualifying_abilitiy
50 is the best, 0 the worst. You can see that for example Vettel hamilton and Alonso have a qualifying ability of 50. The HRT drivers have one of 5 and 1. Just change them to a higher value. Save and enjoy. beware that maybe your profile get damaged.

2-How can I change the photos of the drivers and the team logos? -> F1 2012/frontend Open: b_nonpersistent You'll need the PSSG editor from Ryder (http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/ccount/click.php?id=25)

Team-Logos: -> Search for: lg_*teamname* (in the B_nonpersistent file of course). Export it. Make it the way you want. Save it. Then search for: bg_*teamname* It changes the background of the menu pic of the team (it appears light grey in the game). Same procedure. if you want, you can make it clean, that way youl'l just have the team logo.

Drivers-Pic: -> Scroll down in the file. Nearly on the bottom there are: card_image_*drivershortname, for example HAM*)
From now same procedure as by the team logos.

I was wondering, I have Ryder database editor... But how can I put drivers into other teams(like put Kimi Raikkonen in Ferrari like in 2014)and still keep they're helmets and pics and info... and so forth, but at the team he is now... For example: Put Kimi in Ferrari(1st driver) but in Career and Quick race all his details and pictures and his helmet stays the same(his suit has to stay the same, or it'll be a Lotus suit in Ferrari) please help!:sick::cry:

I was wondering, I have Ryder database editor... But how can I put drivers into other teams(like put Kimi Raikkonen in Ferrari like in 2014)and still keep they're helmets and pics and info... and so forth, but at the team he is now... For example: Put Kimi in Ferrari(1st driver) but in Career and Quick race all his details and pictures and his helmet stays the same(his suit has to stay the same, or it'll be a Lotus suit in Ferrari) please help!:sick::cry:

1. Posssibility: Switch driver ids. Should work (not tried it yet, but i think so)

2. Rename, rename, rename ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea