Modding Questions Thread

Hm, are the "surname_name_helmet" files within "frontend\b_driver_surname_name.pssg" anyhow important in the game? I've never messed with them as I have never seen this graphics as it is it the game actually. So I wonder.

i searched the forums, but i cannot find a hint to my question:

how to add a team in f1 2012

i want to add the hrt or an equivalent team to the f1 2013 mod fro m1tek.

can somebody give me a link or some help?

thanks in advance

I would imagine that getting the database to ignore parts of the coding for example team Id's is simple enough, but trying to get the database to look for a new team that isn't included in the coding......well that's never going to happen I would have thought. You wouldn't be able to add a team, as the team never exsisted in the first place in the coding.
maybe someone can help me with adding the deleted team in v1teks f1 2013 mod...
there are only 12 team so it should be possible to add hrt oder another team to complete the field. besides it would change the qualy system to its old format ;-)

I've been offered 1st seat in McClaren and Lotus for next season in my career mode. Thing is, I don't want Raikkonen and Button to be replaced off my game. Is there anyway to prevent this (swaping Raikkonen and Grosjean as 2nd and 1st respectively, same for Button-Perez).

I know editing the database won't take affect on my savegame.

That's unfortunate but not surprising at all. Couple of days ago I found out that you can actually patch your PES2013 on the Xbox360 so I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask if it's possible for F1 2013 as well.

Cheers for the quick answer.;):thumbsup:

is there a way to keep steering wheels in the right position when you put it into another interior, because i have one mod a mclaren based ferrari and it still has the ferrari wheel on the right position, which files are for the wheel position?

is there a way to keep steering wheels in the right position when you put it into another interior, because i have one mod a mclaren based ferrari and it still has the ferrari wheel on the right position, which files are for the wheel position?
Steering wheels are set to the car model and the position it should be at for that particular model.

So I'm trying to change the Toro Rosso driver pictures in the driver-select menu. I was able to change the smaller driver photo used in Season Challenge and Career, but for some reason, the large driver-select pictures won't change.

I use gimp, then covert from a .jpg to a .dds dxt3 file like the defaults (converting from a .png makes the pictue look badly disformed once imported). All of my other .pssg changes have worked just fine except for this one. It is the LAST thing I need to do for my mod, and it's holding back the release.

Wouldn't it be easier to open the .dds with paint.net and place the picture directly in it? Just sayin'
Have you got the correct card_image_xyz in b_nonpersistent to this driver (who's short_string_id or so is also "xyz" in the database)?

Wouldn't it be easier to open the .dds with paint.net and place the picture directly in it? Just sayin'
Have you got the correct card_image_xyz in b_nonpersistent to this driver (who's short_string_id or so is also "xyz" in the database)?
Well I can try paint.net. I've never used it before ... but yes, I'm working with the correct file. I'll throw up an update after I give your suggestion a shot.

Nothing has worked yet. I've moved my picture to the .dds file and have saved it like so. Does this look wrong? (picture attachment)

Attachments

• dds save.PNG
    dds save.PNG
    9.5 KB · Views: 267
I usually save it as dxt5 with default dimensions, other settings like yours, too.
Dunno what'd be that issue. If you like, post me your file or picture and I'll create the image card for you if it really won't work out (whyever) for you :D

I usually save it as dxt5 with default dimensions, other settings like yours, too.
Dunno what'd be that issue. If you like, post me your file or picture and I'll create the image card for you if it really won't work out (whyever) for you :D
I'm going to try one last thing before handing it over to you. Expect another message momentarily ...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.