Modding Programs / Modding Questions

Oh, yes. I forgot about the 2nd question again. Sorry. :redface:

As for hill's question. I'm not into such modding. I can't help you when you get so deep into it. :/ :D

Thanks but I forgot one thing, too - which file do I have to edit in order to change the driver picture in the menu? I was looking for ordinary jpeg files in the game dir but to no avail. :(

Ok, so I made it - almost everything has been changed to my liking.

I'm seeing the right helmet in GP mode.
I'm seeing the right stats.
I'm seeing the right name.

However, I'm not seeing the correct helmet thumbnail (despite having changed it in the very same file I changed the portrait with) nor am I able to see the right helmet when driving out - it's stll the helmet of Jenson Button once I'm getting out of the pits but the yellow helmet when my driver is getting into the car.

dH3si.jpg

63irl.jpg

I forgot to take a screen of the in-car view but well, it's just the very normal blue / white helmet used by JB. Any advice on how to fix those issues? :/

I'd be grateful for a step-by-step advice, so that I can't mess it up. :)

Can someone explain how to make a new intro video for F1 2011? I have the file I need, but I need to find out to convert it properly.

Can someone tell me where, what version and the best price I should get photoshop? I'll be looking to paint car skins etc

Thanks

Have you tried gimp?

Apparently it's very similar, although I can't comment.

Depends on whether you want to import the 3d models for viewing aswell, if you do I believe this only started from CS4.

Have you tried gimp?

Apparently it's very similar, although I can't comment.

Depends on whether you want to import the 3d models for viewing aswell, if you do I believe this only started from CS4.

I want to try gimp but I keep getting an error with the dds plug in? It just won't open them. Any ideas?

:( Can't say I do Hill, never used it. Sorry.

Any computer fairs near you?

I know you can pick up PS fairly cheap from those.

Ebay perhaps?

:( Can't say I do Hill, never used it. Sorry.

Any computer fairs near you?

I know you can pick up PS fairly cheap from those.

Ebay perhaps?

I've taken a look at photoshop online and I have a few questions you might be able to help with.

Is this the right product?
http://www.kikatek.com/product_info.php?products_id=235909&source=froogle
It looks significantly cheaper than any other sites etc. Also will I need CS4 and the extension to be able to see the car skins on a 3D model? Or do I need CS5 anyway?

CS4 was the first Photoshop software that had the 3d included as far as I am aware.

I currently use CS5 (I have too for my job) and obviously can confirm the 3D aspect on that.

As far as I am aware there wasn't or isn't a CS4 or CS5 that had missing components ie: the 3D part.

Perhaps you can contact the supplier and ask for confirmation, although I believe what you have shown in the link will be fine.

Must admit that does sound a bit cheap, but it is now a generation old, soon to be two generations old with the soon to be released CS6 due at any moment.

What I am actually wondering is whether it is some sort of upgrade perhaps?

Maybe it is just the license?

Hi folks,

I'm now starting to get used to photoshop and making edits to skins etc. So now I need to check my work in a 3d model.......i have no idea where to start! Can anyone help me out?

I have a dds file saved and ready to go but not sure how I view it in 3D etc

Thanks for any help

Hi folks,

I'm now starting to get used to photoshop and making edits to skins etc. So now I need to check my work in a 3d model.......i have no idea where to start! Can anyone help me out?

I have a dds file saved and ready to go but not sure how I view it in 3D etc

Thanks for any help

You get the car 3D model from the High_lod file in the individual team car folders.

You just have to take it into 3dsimed and take away the damage layers to leave the actual car model.

Once done, export it into a new file, and the textures too, then you can bring it into photoshop and check your work as you go along there.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.5%
  • Yearly

Votes: 30 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%