Hi lads,

since I feel bold today :D I decided to open up this thread to ask the community a question :)
Since we know RSS works' quality, their ability to offer impressive content, in some ways even superior to Kunos' standards (look at the Formula Hybrid!), and their tendency to offer complete packages with all the contenders of a specific championship, would you like them to make a 1971 WSC car-pack?
Since consoleros robbed us of the 512M (jokin', I love you lads :p), maybe we can still take it back and even expanding the opponents list.
Theoretically, if AC Competizione will be moddable along the way, these would also fit very well in the new title since its also focused on endurance racing.

I made a strawpoll, so to have clear results to give RSS a proper indication whether there is actually interest in this or not ;)
https://www.strawpoll.me/15175805

Car list:
/ 5 Litres Class

- Porsche 917K (KS)

- Ferrari 512M
- Lola T70 MK3B
/ 3 Litres class

- Porsche 908/3
- Ferrari 312 PB see next post
- Alfa T33/3 see next post

@chargingcar please don't hate me for this

Whilst I think this is a great idea and an awesome set of cars. It's their choice at the end of the day no matter how much interest is shown. Either way I'd say RSS have made an impact on modding unlike any other over the recent years. Their workmanship, quality and interaction on the forums puts them on the top step of the podium. We are very fortunate to have them and i look forward to all their future mods.

Whilst I think this is a great idea and an awesome set of cars. It's their choice at the end of the day no matter how much interest is shown.

Totally agree ;) my goal is just to see if and how many people share this idea. Of course, this does NOT mean that RSS have to take results in consideration and forcibly make the pack if there's a "yes" majority ;) not at all
I just wanted to try this experiment, that's all :)

Might be more of an interesting idea to suggest multiple different categories/cars etc, to help build a picture of what the community wants as a whole.

This poll has a slightly obvious conclusion tbh, "Would you turn down these awesome cars from RSS?", rather than "Which of these awesome categories would you prefer?" :)

Might be more of an interesting idea to suggest multiple different categories/cars etc, to help build a picture of what the community wants as a whole.

This poll has a slightly obvious conclusion tbh, "Would you turn down these awesome cars from RSS?", rather than "Which of these awesome categories would you prefer?" :)

I didn't make that kind of poll because Chargingcar told me that it is not really necessary at the moment. So I made just mine, with the set of cars I think would suit best both RSS craftmanship and AC. There's no shame in saying "no" to the poll ;) as I said, whatever the results, these may not happen anyway :) so

Sometimes I still have flashbacks to Kunos‘ Ferrari Poll...

I also still have flashbacks from "community car mod poll".

Pretty sure RSS wouldn't do those cars. First of all, those cars are more curvy then the most sexy girl you can think of. Second - data most likely would be hard as fok to gather. Third, cars would be super unique from each other. Forth, they would be a bit more difficult to drive and people would complain. And finally, sadly those just wouldn't be best sellers, it is very sad, but thats how it is. I wonder how Formula 79 sold in comparison to other cars. And it is probably most tame classic car you could think of, because of insane downforce, well till it generates downforce.

Last edited:
Hi lads,

since I feel bold today :D I decided to open up this thread to ask the community a question :)
Since we know RSS works' quality, their ability to offer impressive content, in some ways even superior to Kunos' standards (look at the Formula Hybrid!), and their tendency to offer complete packages with all the contenders of a specific championship, would you like them to make a 1971 WSC car-pack?
Since consoleros robbed us of the 512M (jokin', I love you lads :p), maybe we can still take it back and even expanding the opponents list.
Theoretically, if AC Competizione will be moddable along the way, these would also fit very well in the new title since its also focused on endurance racing.

I made a strawpoll, so to have clear results to give RSS a proper indication whether there is actually interest in this or not ;)
https://www.strawpoll.me/15175805

Car list:
/ 5 Litres Class

- Porsche 917K (KS)

- Ferrari 512M
- Lola T70 MK3B
/ 3 Litres class

- Porsche 908/3
- Ferrari 312 PB see next post
- Alfa T33/3 see next post

@chargingcar please don't hate me for this
I would like to see those cars but I voted no as pay mods are going to be unusable for MP (unless league) IMO. It is hard enough to populate a classic race car server as it is.

Mod suggestion:
(I had suggested this as an official thing using the entry list but no joy.)

Success ballast app

Description:
This app would be used to quickly and easily assign ballast to players at the end of qualifying and/or race 1 (in a 2 race event) and also to quickly remove ballast at the start of the next qualifying session. Success ballast is used in some real world series such as BTCC and can really make things interesting in online races by bringing players of different skill levels closer together. It would be best if this worked automatically so admin don't have to do it manually. It would be REALLY cool if it could be some sort of plugin so it works when no admin are on the server but would still be a very welcome addition if an admin has to be present and manually select the options each session.

What it would need:
For those that are familiar with the admin tools app a success ballast app would need some of the same features. You would have to enter the server password and it would have to see player ID (like you get from the "update user list" in the admin tools app.) The one thing I am not sure is possible or not but I hope it is, the app would have to see the current qualifying/grid position (< if race 2) of each player on the server.

There would be a .ini file where you can edit the amount of ballast for each grid position
e.g (blank should be 0 kg added)
P1 - 75
P2 - 66
P3 - 57
P32 -

How it would work:
So qualifying has ended and you want to assign the success ballast. This would either work automatically when the Q session ends and race wait time begins (if this is possible) or one of the server admin would hit apply ballast (having already entered the server password into the app) at the end of Q or on the grid of the race. The app would then use this server command "/ballast: add ballast (Kg) on the CAR_ID. To add 100Kg to CAR_ID 2: /ballast 2 100" to add the correct amount of ballast to each player. When the next session/qualifying begins the app would either automatically (if this is possible... it would need to work for single race and 2 race format) or one of the server admin would press the clear button and the app would use the same server command to assign all players with 0 kg of ballast for the new session.

Mod suggestion:
(I had suggested this as an official thing using the entry list but no joy.)

Success ballast app

Description:
This app would be used to quickly and easily assign ballast to players at the end of qualifying and/or race 1 (in a 2 race event) and also to quickly remove ballast at the start of the next qualifying session. Success ballast is used in some real world series such as BTCC and can really make things interesting in online races by bringing players of different skill levels closer together. It would be best if this worked automatically so admin don't have to do it manually. It would be REALLY cool if it could be some sort of plugin so it works when no admin are on the server but would still be a very welcome addition if an admin has to be present and manually select the options each session.

What it would need:
For those that are familiar with the admin tools app a success ballast app would need some of the same features. You would have to enter the server password and it would have to see player ID (like you get from the "update user list" in the admin tools app.) The one thing I am not sure is possible or not but I hope it is, the app would have to see the current qualifying/grid position (< if race 2) of each player on the server.

There would be a .ini file where you can edit the amount of ballast for each grid position
e.g (blank should be 0 kg added)
P1 - 75
P2 - 66
P3 - 57
P32 -

How it would work:
So qualifying has ended and you want to assign the success ballast. This would either work automatically when the Q session ends and race wait time begins (if this is possible) or one of the server admin would hit apply ballast (having already entered the server password into the app) at the end of Q or on the grid of the race. The app would then use this server command "/ballast: add ballast (Kg) on the CAR_ID. To add 100Kg to CAR_ID 2: /ballast 2 100" to add the correct amount of ballast to each player. When the next session/qualifying begins the app would either automatically (if this is possible... it would need to work for single race and 2 race format) or one of the server admin would press the clear button and the app would use the same server command to assign all players with 0 kg of ballast for the new session.
To use this app fairly there must be equal tome between positions, if 2nd drove only 0.05 sec faster than 3rd place the app would work in favour of the 3rd place. So the ballast must be given individually by circuit and time. This would be a huge project

To use this app fairly there must be equal tome between positions, if 2nd drove only 0.05 sec faster than 3rd place the app would work in favour of the 3rd place. So the ballast must be given individually by circuit and time. This would be a huge project
I dont understand what you mean? If you qualify 0.00001 seconds behind 2nd place then you are in 3rd place. I am talking about success ballast as used in series like the BTCC where you are given ballast depending on your qualifying position or race finish position (for 2 or 3 race events.) I am not suggesting an app that tries to even out the whole field by equalizing lap times for all drivers based on lap time using ballast. Yes success ballast evens out the field a bit but not to that extreme. I am talking about a similar system as used IRL (well, depending how much ballast the user chooses to apply to each position) often it is only the top X cars that receive it not the whole grid. The ballast is applied based on position using the predefined amounts that the user has entered into the .ini.

I don't watch many race series but I have never heard of ballast based on lap time.

Here is the BTCC ballast from their rules and regs page:
Success Ballast

Cars that are successful in the BTCC must carry ballast (additional weight) in their cars. Ballast is given to the top ten runners in the following allocations:

1st: 75kg, 2nd: 66kg 3rd: 57kg, 4th: 48kg, 5th: 39kg, 6th: 33kg, 7th: 27kg, 8th: 21kg, 9th: 15kg, 10th: 9kg

• Between events, ballast is allocated according to championship positions and is carried in qualifying and race one
  • For races two and three, ballast is allocated according to the finishing positions in race one and two respectively
I tested it out on our server before by manually editing ballast for all players and it was absolutely fantastic. Surprising how much more alive the race was with just this subtle difference car to car rather than every car being identical which can feel really unlifelike especially in single make races. We tried it with the Abarth 500 AC and MX5 Cup at RBR National and well... I can't recommend it enough!

I could be wrong as I don't know the first thing about programming but I think it would be fairly basic as far as apps go? and would make it possible to replicate another aspect of real life racing. To me it would be as big as the implementation of 2 race format or timed races (if not more so) and I think could be made possible with just an app. The app just needs to spit out server commands based on player position and the predefined amounts of ballast. Yes it can be done manually but it is very time consuming... I had to add a 5 min wait time inbetween qualifying, race 1 and race 2 and I kept losing the player ID info from the admin app as people talk in chat which keeps pushing this info off the screen :mad:

Last edited:
It does sound like a fairly basic app, although it probably has some edge cases (mostly around drivers leaving race 1 and a new person being in race 2 who shouldn't get ballasted)

The simplest implementation would be a 2 button app, one to zero everyone's ballast, one to set it based on the current leaderboard order. If the leaderboard matches the order you want you'd just hit the appropriate button while gridding. I could probably write it that way in a half hour. Just don't know for sure it'd work right.

Yeah 2 buttons and a box for the server password would be plenty. If you ever get the urge to try it and it works it would be great if you could release it no matter how basic :) I would make full use of it!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back